All Things Sephora

shontay07108

OK, the brown shade (uncuffed) is an absolute winner. It's a little deeper than my own lips and it looks kinda natural without being basic. It's the kind of lip color I can wear without anything else on my face and not look odd. The mauve shade (unveiled) isn't as good as I hoped. On me it turns pretty pink instead of the darker mauve shade I wanted. I can help it out by using a liner, but it's not my favorite. To be clear, it's not bad, but...it would look better on someone with less pigmented lips. At least that's how I feel.

Last edited:

boschicka

OK, the brown shade (uncuffed) is an absolute winner. It's a little deeper than my own lips and it looks kinda natural without being basic. It's the kind of lip color I can wear without anything else on my face and not look odd. The mauve shade (unveiled) isn't as good as I hoped. On me it turns pretty pink instead of the darker mauve shade I wanted. I can help it out by using a liner, but it's not my favorite. To clear, it's not bad, but...it would look better on someone with less pigmented lips. At least that's how I feel.

Finally a win for my saran wrap lips!!!

boschicka

OK, the brown shade (uncuffed) is an absolute winner. It's a little deeper than my own lips and it looks kinda natural without being basic. It's the kind of lip color I can wear without anything else on my face and not look odd. The mauve shade (unveiled) isn't as good as I hoped. On me it turns pretty pink instead of the darker mauve shade I wanted. I can help it out by using a liner, but it's not my favorite. To clear, it's not bad, but...it would look better on someone with less pigmented lips. At least that's how I feel.

Oh....and I'm very happy at least one of them worked for you. :flowers:

Shars

I finally understand people's frustration with missing samples. I never thought I experienced this. But maybe I never noticed. I guess I just didn't remember what I add to my order. I couldn't even remember what I had ordered when my box arrived let alone the samples. However, I was very suspicious when I saw a Benefit sample in my box. I'm very reluctant to try Benefit products so I decided to look up my order history. I picked a Replica sample! What is annoying is the Replica sample is in my purchased list.
Anyway, turns out I ordered the Natasha Denona Safari palette. How could I forget that. LOL. In my defense I've been crazy busy at work. Also bought the Laura Mercier Hidden Gems??? I think eyeshadow palette. I think I might like the one I saw on Nordstrom too. Dark something. If I saw that one first I may have purchased that one instead so now I have some thinking to do. I may have to go check it out before I dive into this one but I may not be able to resist. It looks so pretty. Also bought the Charlotte Tilbury Bar of something highlighter palette.

Oh so many good things coming out. Tough decisions ahead.
Did you get a chance to try your Safari palette yet? I saw a Beauty Advisor in sephora with swatches on his arm and knew immediately it was that palette. I then headed straight to swatch on my arm and loved the shades. My friend said the reviews haven't been great but I find that hard to believe. It swatched like butter! And I love that it's all matte and shades I mostly don't already own.

shontay07108

Well, Sephora's incompetence has officially trickled down to me. I ordered the Natasha Denona mini star palette and chose the new Nars mascara as a sample. Did I get that sample? Nope. Instead I got a card with some Dior lip plumping shades and that is a definite no for me. I was really looking forward to trying that mascara.

Last edited:

elegant-one

Well, Sephora's incompetence has officially trickled down to me. I ordered the Natasha Denona mini star palette and chose the new Nars mascara as a sample. Did I get that sample? Nope. Instead I got a card with some Dior lip plumping shades and that is a definitely no for me. I was really looking forward to trying that mascara.

Sis, I didn't get any of the 3 I wanted. :mad: Sorry dear!

boschicka

Well, Sephora's incompetence has officially trickled down to me. I ordered the Natasha Denona mini star palette and chose the new Nars mascara as a sample. Did I get that sample? Nope. Instead I got a card with some Dior lip plumping shades and that is a definite no for me. I was really looking forward to trying that mascara.

Sis, I didn't get any of the 3 I wanted. :mad: Sorry dear!

Booooo, Sephora!!!! Boooo! :plthumbsdown:

MaryJane

Same here. Got the Star palette, no mascara sample. On the plus side, I really like the palette.

boschicka

I'm torn on the ND Gold Palette. The colors look so similar, but I don't want to regret passing it up. Still on the fence about the Safari Palette as well. Decisions, decisions.

fur4elise

I'm torn on the ND Gold Palette. The colors look so similar, but I don't want to regret passing it up. Still on the fence about the Safari Palette as well. Decisions, decisions.

My first thought..."Ooooh shiny sparkly mine mine gimme gimme..."Then I dug out all my gold metallics and went "Ooooh sparkly shiny..." lol!

Monsy

they never send samples you choose. plus that mascara sucks so much trust me you did not miss out on anything

Alysse011

Same. I was all jazzed up over the Kevyn Aucoin and Natasha Denona holiday palettes. Then I saw swatches and, after marinating on it, I’m not excited for either anymore.

Monsy

Did you ever try the new Chanel 3D one?

no not yet. i have hourglass, 4 lancome, 3 givenchy, clarins, dior... i am drowning in mascaras. so i am trying to be reasonable and not buy another one. i am slowly using what i have. but i am very curious to try it, heard some great feedback.

MaryJane

I feel the same way about the gold palette. The collector in my wants it and there is definite FOMO on my part. I’m leaning towards not getting it for a few reasons - the colors look very similar, I have Lila and Sunset and, as great as they are, I tend not to know where to start when putting a look together, I’ve bought too many expensive palettes already (PMG Bronze Seduction and CT Stars in Your Eyes).

if I do decide to purchase it, it will be from Beautylish so I can take advantage of their payment place. $30 something/month is easier to swallow than $129!

shontay07108

I've changed my mind on the gold palette as well. I was super excited at first but the swatches are underwhelming. Plus, I am not altogether happy about this mini star palette. I plan on returning it. Natasha and I are just not meant to be. My next goal is to get that Pat palette when it's back in stock.

Oh and I considered taking the Fenty Uncuffed liquid lipstick back but I was playing with it last night and I found a way to make it work better. I just used a brown nyx liner and it ended up looking exactly the way I wanted it to look on it's own. It's definitely a keeper now. Anyone plan on buying the black shade? I love black lipstick, but it doesn't love me back.

Last edited:

Latest posts