All Things Sephora

elegant-one

I swatched DP, and it showed up as light yet bright (if this makes any sense; think orange creamsicle) orange on my skin tone. Not a good look. I have trouble with these types of shades looking too orange on me.

Most of the lighter colors do lean towards being peachy on my light skin.
Huh!? That's not good for me. Get anything new that you are loving that you want to share :p

Haven

Huh!? That's not good for me. Get anything new that you are loving that you want to share :p
I am trying to be good - buy less & use what I already have :saythat:

But (lol) I did make a Pat McGrath order for some of the new BlitzTrance lippies. I also got a few (ahem :rolleyes:) of the new Charlotte Tilbury lippies.

I do like skinsane as well as in love with Olivia & jk magic. They all, however, pull peachy on my lips. I am currently playing with DP.

Winthrop44

I am trying to be good - buy less & use what I already have :saythat:

But (lol) I did make a Pat McGrath order for some of the new BlitzTrance lippies. I also got a few (ahem :rolleyes:) of the new Charlotte Tilbury lippies.

I do like skinsane as well as in love with Olivia & jk magic. They all, however, pull peachy on my lips. I am currently playing with DP.

I have PMG Skinsane too, and ordered Emmanuelle today on the sale. Still just thinking about the CTs.

Winthrop44

Do you love Skinsane on? :p
I like it a lot although it may be a tad too cool toned for me. On my lips it looks more mauve than it looks on Sabrina. Not sure if that's just my lips or not. PMG describes it as a "cool mauve with golden pearl". I think you would like it very much.

Alysse011

I swatched some of the new CT lipsticks for my friend the other day. I threw in Penelope Pink for reference.

Inside the car:
A4D73D79-8F07-4A75-B3C4-775BE59C32AE.jpeg

Outside in direct sunlight:
4CF07A9D-8C5D-4174-A82F-B6D274B258A0.jpeg

Outside in shade:
54ED5863-4C8E-44D2-860B-999DD544652D.jpeg

Haven

Did you try DP on your lips? It’s definitely pink once you have it on (at least it is on me). I agree about it being bright. I don’t usually wear pink lipstick but this is such a soft color that it works for me.
I am happy to report that after playing with DP I actually like it on. On my lips it still leans peachy, but it is a nice peachy nude. For some reason (either my skin tone or body chemistry) almost all nude lipsticks turn peachy on me. The key is to find ones that turn a nice shade of peach vs orange creamsicle.

Alysse011

JK looks nice in your pics.
I really like JK a lot. And the tube is so pretty, which I know doesn’t matter to a lot of people but it matters to me lol. It pulls very neutral on me. Angel Alessandra is quite peachy, and Dancefloor Princess is a cooler pink tone on my lips.

Sugar & Spice

So Drunk Elephant just changed the ingredients with the Lala retro cream **screams** I'm not even going to bother trying the new version because I have a feelings it's going to break me out.

Well let me go search for a new moisturizer smh.

elegant-one

I really like JK a lot. And the tube is so pretty, which I know doesn’t matter to a lot of people but it matters to me lol. It pulls very neutral on me. Angel Alessandra is quite peachy, and Dancefloor Princess is a cooler pink tone on my lips.

Thanks dear! That really helps.

elegant-one

I like it a lot although it may be a tad too cool toned for me. On my lips it looks more mauve than it looks on Sabrina. Not sure if that's just my lips or not. PMG describes it as a "cool mauve with golden pearl". I think you would like it very much.
:) It in my cart. Thanks!

JerseyGirl

So Drunk Elephant just changed the ingredients with the Lala retro cream **screams** I'm not even going to bother trying the new version because I have a feelings it's going to break me out.

Oh no! I bought it for my daughter whose skin gets sensitive from her acne medicine. Do you know where I can find out more details?

Monsy

why don't you give it a shot before you decide it doesn't work for you?

Winthrop44

Oh no! I bought it for my daughter whose skin gets sensitive from her acne medicine. Do you know where I can find out more details?

why don't you give it a shot before you decide it doesn't work for you?

^^What Monsy said! Not to worry. They just added a ceramide complex (3 ceramides, cholesterol and phytosphingosine which are needed for the ceramides to be incorporated by your skin). Great stuff. Ceramides are highly unlikely to cause any problems and will be beneficial for your skin barrier. That's literally the only change and they're not even that high up on the ingredient list. I plan to not even finish my old jar when my new one arrives! LOL

Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream | Drunk Elephant

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

^^What Monsy said! Not to worry. They just added a ceramide complex (3 ceramides, cholesterol and phytosphingosine which are needed for the ceramides to be incorporated by your skin). Great stuff. Ceramides are highly unlikely to cause any problems and will be beneficial for your skin barrier. That's literally the only change and they're not even that high up on the ingredient list. I plan to not even finish my old jar when my new one arrives! LOL

Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream | Drunk Elephant
LOL. i just opened a jar - the old version. I will take me until winter to finish, but I am looking forward to trying the new version.

Winthrop44

LOL. i just opened a jar - the old version. I will take me until winter to finish, but I am looking forward to trying the new version.
You can get a free trial size at Sephora right now with code GOCLEAN and a $25 purchase. I got my full size this morning and love it.

Sugar & Spice

This is an insert from Drunk Elephant

***I’d like you to meet the new #LalaRetro… now with barrier-supportive ceramides! It’s #lalabutbetter. I believe there is always room for improvement, so when it occurred to me that ceramides needed a more prominent place in my line, instead of making a whole new product, I decided to add them to an already great one. I didn’t know I could like it more, but I do.

If you think of skin cells as bricks, think of ceramides as the mortar holding them together. Ceramides are lipids that are naturally present in skin, but sun damage and age deplete them. They help form a protective layer that locks in hydration, helps maintain balance and protects against visible damage from environmental stressors. By giving them back to skin, we are feeding the surface barrier what it needs to protect itself and thrive. More hydrated, plumper, firmer-feeling skin is the result.

Lala has a new tool in its tool kit, and one that can benefit all skin.***

Sugar & Spice

You can get a free trial size at Sephora right now with code GOCLEAN and a $25 purchase. I got my full size this morning and love it.
I'm going to watch the reviews but I really hate the change and I thought that new moisturizer the Protini was suppose to be what this new Lala formula is for. I don't like the idea of just throwing ingredients into something, a substitute I can understand but I don't see the need to change the Lala formula when there is Protini. Also some people just want a basic moisturizer and nothing more which is why Lala was so popular as it's hard to find moisturizers that don't have a bunch of fillers.

JerseyGirl

I went to my local Sephora and they had plenty of the old LaLa still in stock. I bought 2 to have for now. If your store doesn’t have anymore and you want I don’t mind picking some up for you. I know how frustrating it is when you have sensitive skin.

Latest posts