All Things Sephora

laurennnxox

I hate my Sephora in JCP. I went for the beauty before brunch event wanting to get a couple of new items that were listed as in stock in their store on the website. They weren't out on display yet, and they refused to go in the back and get them. Just said 'we don't have them in yet' when I said it says they are in stock here online, she says well we only got one shade (why does it say in stock for all shades) and pulls the one shade they have pulled out to play with themselves of the little drawer under all the coverfx products. It perfectly matched the sales girl (conveniently) but was way too dark for me. She said to come back Thursday and they will have everything out. I want to buy it NOW I don't understand why they make it such a big deal to pull something from the back. I don't want to come back to the store on Thursday! I also went again to get the new urban decay shadows on the last day of the sale. Asked a sales associate about the new urban decay shadows she says we have the moon dust but they sold out pretty quick. I said no they aren't moon dust they are regular shadows just new shades. Oh we don't have those yet. Well it says you have them in stock online. Well we have them we just haven't put them out yet. I said there are two shades I'd like to purchase. You can't just go and get them out of the back? She said 'I don't know if I have access' and she was the most knowledgeable in the store at the time. I want the shadows and I want the discount! You have them so sell them to me! I am just appalled at the customer service there. There was one other time I went to get the new mini beauty blenders and it was the same situation. They weren't put out yet and said in stock online so I went in and couldn't find them. Asked a MANAGER if they had them and she said 'not yet' which I knew was BS so I browsed the store and later asked someone else working and they didn't know what I was talking about. So I pulled out my Sephora app and showed her what they were and showed her that it said in stock. She said oh that means they are just in the back! Give me a few minutes and I can run and grab one for you! So the manager won't get it for me from the back but another sales associate will??? Wth!!!
ohboy.gif
Ugh, that is so awful, I'm sorry. It's so frustrating to me. I've recently become smarter about the "in stock" feature. Before, I had a sales associate convince me that it was "sometimes inaccurate." Now I'm thinking it's because she didn't want to go into the back for me. I think it's truly a store by store basis. I absolutely love the ladies who work at my JCP Sephora. The NARS situation was at the main sephora in the mall. The usual SA who doesn't hesitate to go into the back for me wasn't there. So I was given the run around by one of the male SAs who doesn't really give off nice vibes to me. The store director or whatever (she gave me her card during the beauty before brunch sale) said she'd glance back and if she could see the box she'd open it for me. But came out 2 seconds later to take my name and number. They were a little busy because it's prom season... so.. I guess it's okay. A few days ago, the SA at SiJCP who was the only one working at the time, went all the way to the back for me to get the new UD summer stuff when I said I really wanted to get it during the last day of the sale. At first, she said they weren't allowed to sell them because it hadn't launched yet. But I showed her on my app that they're available for sale online-- so why couldn't I buy them in store? At that point she called the manager who said it was fine, and she was more than willing to go to the back and help me go through the tub to find all the testers and figure out the shades I wanted. She was very kind. Sometimes I have bad experiences, and sometimes I don't. It's never consistent, so I definitely feel your pain! They make it so hard for us to spend our money sometimes!

MakeupAddict22

My sephora jcp isn't the best either when the girl was telling me how many points I have she asks her co worker what do the points mean and do they expire!!!!! Learn your job ..

laurennnxox

My sephora jcp isn't the best either when the girl was telling me how many points I have she asks her co worker what do the points mean and do they expire!!!!!
LOL. no way. I'm sorry that's just funny to me... how do you not know? Even if she is new and doesn't know anything about sephora, wouldn't that be one of the first things you learn in training? Especially if she's working the cash register!

MakeupAddict22

LOL. no way. I'm sorry that's just funny to me... how do you not know? Even if she is new and doesn't know anything about sephora, wouldn't that be one of the first things you learn in training? Especially if she's working the cash register! 
exactly! I was in complete shock.

shontay07108

You'd be amazed at what some managers would call "training". They're more interested in just having a body around than actually preparing them for all the issues that pop up on a daily basis.

Mayanas

I think I read here that you're dry?? Or am I making that up lol make sure you use something very hydrating before bc it tends to cling to dry patches! I'm dry too but I still love this foundation. I tend to mix it with a dewy foundation so that I get more of a satin finish rather than matte. The coverage is very medium- full tho. Double wear mixed with armani luminous silk is life tho :love: also, if you wanna try something very similar to double wear - just try loreal pro matte from the drugstore! It's a great dupe. I haven't touched my double wear since getting the loreal one :)
Whats your color IN LOREAL PRO?
I just left sephora. Jcp had one of those exclusives in their clearance! It was $20. The full sized perversion is worth that alone. :) which was awesome because I was getting low. I'll put a picture below. The standalone sephora had the testers out for the new NARS christopher kane collection, but nothin was stocked. I asked if they could get it from the back, and they said they had a bunch of boxes yet they hadn't opened, and won't know from looking at them unopened if it would be NARS. Implying they had to dig through a bunch of boxes. So they took my name and number and said they'd call me when the finally open and put the stock out. :eek:hboy: why have the testers out? Such a tease! I guess it's okay because my last sale box came today and one of the mj glosses is too brown for my liking. So I can exchange it when I go back to pick up the CK NARS stuff. Here is that set in JCP clearance!!
7f783827_image.jpeg
GREAT my jcp doesnt have it buuu

MsGlossy

I hate my Sephora in JCP. I went for the beauty before brunch event wanting to get a couple of new items that were listed as in stock in their store on the website. They weren't out on display yet, and they refused to go in the back and get them. Just said 'we don't have them in yet' when I said it says they are in stock here online, she says well we only got one shade (why does it say in stock for all shades) and pulls the one shade they have pulled out to play with themselves of the little drawer under all the coverfx products. It perfectly matched the sales girl (conveniently) but was way too dark for me. She said to come back Thursday and they will have everything out. I want to buy it NOW I don't understand why they make it such a big deal to pull something from the back. I don't want to come back to the store on Thursday! I also went again to get the new urban decay shadows on the last day of the sale. Asked a sales associate about the new urban decay shadows she says we have the moon dust but they sold out pretty quick. I said no they aren't moon dust they are regular shadows just new shades. Oh we don't have those yet. Well it says you have them in stock online. Well we have them we just haven't put them out yet. I said there are two shades I'd like to purchase. You can't just go and get them out of the back? She said 'I don't know if I have access' and she was the most knowledgeable in the store at the time. I want the shadows and I want the discount! You have them so sell them to me! I am just appalled at the customer service there. There was one other time I went to get the new mini beauty blenders and it was the same situation. They weren't put out yet and said in stock online so I went in and couldn't find them. Asked a MANAGER if they had them and she said 'not yet' which I knew was BS so I browsed the store and later asked someone else working and they didn't know what I was talking about. So I pulled out my Sephora app and showed her what they were and showed her that it said in stock. She said oh that means they are just in the back! Give me a few minutes and I can run and grab one for you! So the manager won't get it for me from the back but another sales associate will??? Wth!!!
Wow! They suck!! The sales associates in my local SiJCP are more helpful (to me, anyway) than the SAs in the stand-alone stores. They always show me the new items before it hits the floors and let me buy it. They also tell me when they have events coming up, when there will be new markdowns, offer to hold things for me, etc. I always make sure to stop by there before heading to the stand-alone Sephora (which is literally right across the hall) because they are actually nice and helpful.

MsGlossy

I just wrote a book --- sorry ladies lol its hurting my eyes just looking at it. Its been bothering me for awhile! They treat me like I'm stupid asking for a product that they "don't have yet" when it says in stock and I know they are lying! Leaving the store empty handed because they don't want to help me!
Get that vent out, girl. They suck so I can definitely understand! I'm sure we all can.
th_cheerup.gif

shontay07108

Sephora's store locator tells me that my two local stores have the UD blushes. That means they'll probably have them out on display in two weeks. :eek:hboy: I have the urge to go tomorrow, but I feel like there will be some lame reason as to why I can't buy them.

samanthadee1688

This always happens at my local Sephora JCP too.  Plus most of the SA's that work there really don't know how to apply product well or they simply don't want to put in the effort. 
Yeah the girl that refused to get the urban decay stuff for me looked like she'd never set foot in a Sephora before... Like dang don't you wanna look like you tried when you are working around all this makeup
:eek:hboy:  Ugh, that is so awful, I'm sorry. It's so frustrating to me. I've recently become smarter about the "in stock" feature. Before, I had a sales associate convince me that it was "sometimes inaccurate." Now I'm thinking it's because she didn't want to go into the back for me. I think it's truly a store by store basis. I absolutely love the ladies who work at my JCP Sephora. The NARS situation was at the main sephora in the mall. The usual SA who doesn't hesitate to go into the back for me wasn't there. So I was given the run around by one of the male SAs who doesn't really give off nice vibes to me. The store director or whatever (she gave me her card during the beauty before brunch sale) said she'd glance back and if she could see the box she'd open it for me. But came out 2 seconds later to take my name and number. They were a little busy because it's prom season... so.. I guess it's okay. A few days ago, the SA at SiJCP who was the only one working at the time, went all the way to the back for me to get the new UD summer stuff when I said I really wanted to get it during the last day of the sale. At first, she said they weren't allowed to sell them because it hadn't launched yet. But I showed her on my app that they're available for sale online-- so why couldn't I buy them in store? At that point she called the manager who said it was fine, and she was more than willing to go to the back and help me go through the tub to find all the testers and figure out the shades I wanted. She was very kind. Sometimes I have bad experiences, and sometimes I don't. It's never consistent, so I definitely feel your pain! They make it so hard for us to spend our money sometimes! 
That is probably why she didn't wanna sell me the urban decay stuff but like you said its online so why can't I buy it in store?
Wow! They suck!! The sales associates in my local SiJCP are more helpful (to me, anyway) than the SAs in the stand-alone stores. They always show me the new items before it hits the floors and let me buy it. They also tell me when they have events coming up, when there will be new markdowns, offer to hold things for me, etc. I always make sure to stop by there before heading to the stand-alone Sephora (which is literally right across the hall) because they are actually nice and helpful. 
I wish we had a stand alone store. Only the one in JCP for me here :(
Sephora's store locator tells me that my two local stores have the UD blushes. That means they'll probably have them out on display in two weeks. :eek:hboy: I have the urge to go tomorrow, but I feel like there will be some lame reason as to why I can't buy them.
If you go, fingers crossed the sales associates are nicer than the ones at my stores about getting things from the back!

montREALady

Get it from target it's cheaper there lol. I got the spray w the target beauty box for only five dollars! And yes I loveeee the primer water it's so good!! I use too faced hangover primer then the primer water then foundation then the urban decay chill setting spray or the loreal. The primer water really hydrates and acts like a sticky base for whatever you're putting on top of it if that makes any sense lol
I exchanged the colors already, Cocoa is much too red. Got the Soft Sable liquid and Classic Tan powder. Much better...on my hand, I'll try it on my face later. I never looked into the Beauty Box since I'm already doing Ipsy. Let me see... Yes Target is typically cheaper but I like drugstores for bogo. I'll probably get the setting spray there though.