All Things Sephora

dash4

I went to the Sephora store to buy the Milk Cooling Water, but it's sold out in store and online. Also had no luck finding Becca Rose Quartz powder. :( They didn't had the Drunk Elephant "day/night stocking stuffers" that were cheap but they had the Aha kit. However, I bought a little duo kit from First Aid Beauty and the ABH Makeup by Mario palette. I thought that the palette was all insta-hype and meh, but the quality of the eye shadows was top notch great. It really is worth the hype, but I still don't like the Mario MUA. I was surprised that there was a lot in stock at the store because it seems to be sold out online. They have a lot of the ABH Modern Renaissance palette in the store, but I'll buy it next month.

I hated the Becca Rose Quartz highlighter. It looked powdery on the skin with barely any sheen/glow.. and it would just sit on top of the skin.. I really tried to like it, but the three times I used it.. I ended up putting another highlighter over it. I almost never return things, but that went back.. if I didn't send it back - I would have thrown it against the wall .. I was so annoyed with it.

The Mario palette is so, so, so good. I bought it when it first came out, then bought a second one for a present during the VIBrouge sale.. and now I am thinking of finding my sister something else and keeping the other one as a backup.. lol.

Hi everyone!! Hope you've all recieved your sale orders by now! I'm waiting on my last one to ship still, and I'm so impatient!

I ended up getting:

- all three Huda lipstick/liner sets (nude, mauve, dark -- I LOVE these!!)
- Huda lip contour in Famous
- backup of the ABH Mario palette
- Too Faced Hangover Rx primer
- Bite Beauty Agave lip mask (my HG)
- Josie Maran plumping lip balm
- Fresh Skincare Power Players set

Luckily my sister is still VIB so I was able to use her account during the second weekend. Still annoyed that Rouge got the short end of the stick there but on the bright side, my sis is now about $30 away from Rouge!

I was also looking at the Too Faced Brow Quickie brow gel but I got overwhelmed from deciding between that, Benefit, and Givenchy so I just decided to can it and order that later. Has anyone tried these (or MAC Brow Set)? My brows are pretty full but have some sparse areas from overplucking as a teen, so I'm looking for something that will fill in those areas while still having enough hold to keep coarser hairs in place.

Oh, and, Black Friday sneak peaks start on Friday! Who's excited?

I wish I would have known how fantastic the Huda liquid lipsticks are.. I would have bought more during the sale!

RE: Black Friday.. I can not wait for the sneak peaks. I hope they're better than the ones for Ulta.. I couldn't find a single thing in Ulta sneak peak - that I was interested in..

Returning my metal palette and abh ultimate glow kit. They both are not my cup of tea

I swatched the Ultimate Glow kit and was unimpressed.. ABH seems to hit everything out of the park, so it is surprising that everyone is so disappointed in it.

stormborn

I hated the Becca Rose Quartz highlighter. It looked powdery on the skin with barely any sheen/glow.. and it would just sit on top of the skin.. I really tried to like it, but the three times I used it.. I ended up putting another highlighter over it. I almost never return things, but that went back.. if I didn't send it back - I would have thrown it against the wall .. I was so annoyed with it.

The Mario palette is so, so, so good. I bought it when it first came out, then bought a second one for a present during the VIBrouge sale.. and now I am thinking of finding my sister something else and keeping the other one as a backup.. lol.

I wish I would have known how fantastic the Huda liquid lipsticks are.. I would have bought more during the sale!

RE: Black Friday.. I can not wait for the sneak peaks. I hope they're better than the ones for Ulta.. I couldn't find a single thing in Ulta sneak peak - that I was interested in..

I swatched the Ultimate Glow kit and was unimpressed.. ABH seems to hit everything out of the park, so it is surprising that everyone is so disappointed in it.

Lmao that was 100% me last month! I ended up finding another Mario palette during the sale so I gave one to my sister after all. I'm never usually swayed by the influencer hype but Mario and Huda are two names that get me opening my wallet. From what I hear, the Huda lipsticks have been getting a lot of returns, which is unfathomable to me because it's my favourite liquid lipstick formula so far (although I just received the Jouer holiday set which also gets good reviews! Can't wait to see how those stack up). Are the Huda sets all OOS on the US site now? The wait times for restocks on the line is atrocious.

Yeah, the Ulta sneak peaks didn't do much for me but they're apparantly also doing a pre-Black Friday sale this weekend so I'm eager to see what's on offer. I have to use a mail forwarder to ship most packages to Canada so I don't usually indulge unless the price is right or the item is extremely lust worthy. I'm sure Sephora will do me in, anyways lol.

Aand I'm right there with you about the Ultimate Glow Kit! My Becca Opal broke just before the sale so I wanted to get an ABH Glow Kit to replace it and I can't find the four pan palettes anywhere. I hope these come back in stock when we get the rewards cards in a few weeks, because I will be all over either That Glow or Sundipped.

Jill1228

Thank you for the Black Friday sneak peeks. I am $158 away from getting VIB Rouge for 2017 and dammit I am getting it hell or high water

MaryJane

I debated for a long time whether I needed a backup of the Mario palette. I decided that I did. Mainly because the shadows are so powdery that I already have significant dents in several shadows. I can see this getting used up pretty quickly.

Shars

Hmmmm.... Sephora's BF makeup deals this year aren't sweeping me off my feet. It's mostly the hair care items I may be interested in.

alle685

Hmmmm.... Sephora's BF makeup deals this year aren't sweeping me off my feet. It's mostly the hair care items I may be interested in.

I agree...seems like a lot of repeats/variations from last year...Here in Canada, we don't have some of the ones you guys do so it looks like it won't be a big haul for me this year...

CCKK

alle685 thank you for the heads up. I've been wondering what would be happening this year! This applies to Sephora JCP too?? I hope so for I work for JCP

fur4elise

I debated for a long time whether I needed a backup of the Mario palette. I decided that I did. Mainly because the shadows are so powdery that I already have significant dents in several shadows. I can see this getting used up pretty quickly.

Me too mama! I am loving the palette! I think I am going to hold off on doing a back up..because I know my eye shadow obsessed, hoarding self will surely be lusting over what ever new release comes next! (Guilty as charged...already side eyeing the MUFE Artist Palette 2)
I am actually quite proud of seeing dents in my ABH palettes because I am using the damn things! :rofl:

Me three! I will say I do need some Clarisonic brushheads...so the Radiance set is def worth the price! And I love the Devacurl gel I use...so trying out the sampler would be nice. And that's about it!

What time do y'all think the online sale will start?

Last edited:

Shars

Me too mama! I am loving the palette! I think I am going to hold off on doing a back up..because I know my eye shadow obsessed, hoarding self will surely be lusting over what ever new release comes next! (Guilty as charged...already side eyeing the MUFE Artist Palette 2)
I am actually quite proud of seeing dents in my ABH palettes because I am using the damn things! :rofl:

Me three! I will say I do need some Clarisonic brushheads...so the Radiance set is def worth the price! And I love the Devacurl gel I use...so trying out the sampler would be nice. And that's about it!

What time do y'all think the online sale will start?

I'm thinking about the Devacurl set (even though I chemically straightened my hair recently so it's no longer curly lol), the Living Proof set and maybe the Alterna Caviar one. They usually start late in the evening on Turkey Day. I think they aren't meant to start until like midnight PST but from my experience they always go live earlier. I remember Temptalia having a link to the individual items once they were posted even though they were slated as coming soon. So I just added the ones I wanted to my loves lists so I could refresh that one page and add them quickly before checking out.

Shars

Oh, did any of you get the LM Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder? Do you like/love/hate? From people's hauls I've been watching (guilty pleasure) people seem to think they're very similar to the Hourglass powders but with a bit more pigment.

Shars

I agree...seems like a lot of repeats/variations from last year...Here in Canada, we don't have some of the ones you guys do so it looks like it won't be a big haul for me this year...

According to T there will be some app exclusive deals on Wed, November 23rd. I guess we'll see if anything else strikes our fancy. It's so unfair how you guys always get less than the US stores.

Icecaramellatte

Lmao that was 100% me last month! I ended up finding another Mario palette during the sale so I gave one to my sister after all. I'm never usually swayed by the influencer hype but Mario and Huda are two names that get me opening my wallet. From what I hear, the Huda lipsticks have been getting a lot of returns, which is unfathomable to me because it's my favourite liquid lipstick formula so far (although I just received the Jouer holiday set which also gets good reviews! Can't wait to see how those stack up). Are the Huda sets all OOS on the US site now? The wait times for restocks on the line is atrocious.

I don't know about the site but I saw at least 10 on a shelf in store this week.

Latest posts