All Things Sephora

Mac-Guy

I've been using Drunk Elephant's F-Balm now for a few days and I quite like it. The texture is between Protini and Lala. I only use 1 - 2 pumps to top off my routine rather than the suggested 4 - 5 pumps. I also end up using less Protini and/or Lala. My skin certainly feels hydrated when I wake up. It also seems to work with my retinol routine. I use A-Passioni during the day and prescription strength tretinoin at night on a daily basis. F-Balm is a good product to keep dry patches at bay. I have to try it out after a Sakuri Babyfacial - that's one of the DE products where I have to be careful - mainly due to my intense retinol regime.

How is everybody liking the F-Balm?

Winthrop44

I've been using Drunk Elephant's F-Balm now for a few days and I quite like it. The texture is between Protini and Lala. I only use 1 - 2 pumps to top off my routine rather than the suggested 4 - 5 pumps. I also end up using less Protini and/or Lala. My skin certainly feels hydrated when I wake up. It also seems to work with my retinol routine. I use A-Passioni during the day and prescription strength tretinoin at night on a daily basis. F-Balm is a good product to keep dry patches at bay. I have to try it out after a Sakuri Babyfacial - that's one of the DE products where I have to be careful - mainly due to my intense retinol regime.

I’m liking it a lot so far and use it just like you do. Only two pumps with less Lala.

Last edited:

MaryJane

So glad this is working for you. I use tretinoin ever other night and top it off with Lala and then Marula oil. I assume the F-Balm would be the last step in the routine. If you don't mind my asking - how have you been using it with the tretinoin?

Mac-Guy

So glad this is working for you. I use tretinoin ever other night and top it off with Lala and then Marula oil. I assume the F-Balm would be the last step in the routine. If you don't mind my asking - how have you been using it with the tretinoin?

For AM, I mix A-Passioni with Protini, B-Hydra and two pumps of C-Firma, sometimes with some Marula oil. I am surprised how well I get on with A-Passioni during the day.

For PM, I mix Lala with one pump TLC and Marula (sometimes I add B-Hydra), and then I follow with Tret as the last step. I am getting great results and less to no irritation. Now I apply the F-Balm as the very last step after Tret.

My routine works very well for me, but I do not ever use any other products. There are so many samples from other brands, but I stay away from them. It can be hard, but it is totally worth it. I used to try out a lot of new products in the past (samples), and I think it irritated my skin a lot. Many people (on Youtube) complain about not getting on with Tret or Retinol, but I firmly believe that it is mainly due to trying out too many skin products at once or ever changing routines. Tret is a real commitment.

When I gave up purchasing MAC cosmetics (after more than 20 years only MAC), I was happy to spend my cash elsewhere. DE is expensive, but it gives me excellent results.

I am happy that DE is not releasing a lot of new products at once. Each new products seems to be well-researched.

MaryJane

I've been using the Drunk Elephant F-Balm for a few days now and can't honestly say I see a difference in my skin. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is softer but I find that happens with most heavier products I apply overnight. I've been applying about two pumps and that is more than enough to saturate my skin. They recommend using 4-5 pumps which just seems excessive to me as after applying a certain amount it just sits on the skin. Maybe I have to give it a few more days to see a difference but this just seems like a glorified moisturizer to me.

Winthrop44

I've been using the Drunk Elephant F-Balm for a few days now and can't honestly say I see a difference in my skin. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is softer but I find that happens with most heavier products I apply overnight. I've been applying about two pumps and that is more than enough to saturate my skin. They recommend using 4-5 pumps which just seems excessive to me as after applying a certain amount it just sits on the skin. Maybe I have to give it a few more days to see a difference but this just seems like a glorified moisturizer to me.

All of a sudden I noticed clogged pores on my nose so I took a break from it. I would mostly be using it for the high level of niacinamide and other barrier reparative ingredients and I want to give Paula's Choice new 20% Niacinamide a try for that.

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

That's how I see it: F-Balm is a heavier moisturizer that is heavier than Protini, but lighter and more moist than Lala. If one uses the F-Balm, one needs to cut down on the regular moisturizer. Overnight mask is just a fancy term...

I also used the following combo: 3 pumps of TLC and 4 drops of Marula, followed with 4 pumps of F-Balm (for face and neck). It sinks nicely into my skin and 4 pumps were not too much, probably due to the absence of any other moisturizer. I only tried this combo as I skipped Tretinoin on that night - I usually don't skip.

Winthrop44

That's how I see it: F-Balm is a heavier moisturizer that is heavier than Protini, but lighter and more moist than Lala. If one uses the F-Balm, one needs to cut down on the regular moisturizer. Overnight mask is just a fancy term...

I also used the following combo: 3 pumps of TLC and 4 drops of Marula, followed with 4 pumps of F-Balm (for face and neck). It sinks nicely into my skin and 4 pumps were not too much, probably due to the absence of any other moisturizer. I only tried this combo as I skipped Tretinoin on that night - I usually don't skip.

Agreed. I had already cut my Lala in half when I added F-Balm and when I use it again I plan to try it without any.

elegant-one

Received an email from Sephora about beta testing Beauty Insider Cash. Members can apply 500 points to take $10 off their order.
I remember when 2500 points gave you a code for $100 off your order. So now 2500 points = $50 off? Sephora thinks we're dullards.
Yes, I did and their link in the email does not work for me.

Latest posts