All Things Sephora

fur4elise

some things are good like free ship at 35 for vib
or being able to redeem 500 points for 10$o ff
Shipping terms are ok...in that free is always better.

Their samples are always a poor selection, unless you use a special code.

I think we got at least 8 20% coupons plus numerous multiplier offers from Ulta, last year.

As for points...still subpar to Ulta. I am 150 points from banking $125. Which is 2000 points. So...

Sephora wins with carrying higher end & exclusive products. Even then other retailers and brands are stepping up with more sales and bigger discounts. This in turn pushes me to buy direct from brands. Add Rakuten on top.

I know I am preaching to the choir ;) For me, all the things above help me with staying in budget and being smart with my purchases. Sephora just isn't making the grade for me.

Last edited:

MaryJane

i buy very little from Ulta as they don't carry the brands I prefer (Charlotte Tilbury, Natasha Denona, Drunk Elephant). I typically purchase from Sephora or the CT site since she launches her products there first. My two local Ulta stores are always messy and unorganized which doesn't make for a pleasant shopping experience.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I made only one Ulta order last year; I never order from them enough to make good use of their rewards program. I haven't made VIB at Sephora since a few years ago, and I'm not sure if I'll ever make it again. (I can say with confidence I'll never make Rouge, though.)

Where I order from depends on what I want, generally. Most of the time it's bound to be Sephora, though I've also shopped Nordies (I'm fine with no Rakuten there since I'm going to get free shipping no matter what), Beautylish (super fast delivery!), Ulta (when I want a mix of drugstore and higher end products), and sometimes single brands.

lenchen

Shipping terms are ok...in that free is always better.

Their samples are always a poor selection, unless you use a special code.

I think we got at least 8 20% coupons plus numerous multiplier offers from Ulta, last year.

As for points...still subpar to Ulta. I am 150 points from banking $125. Which is 2000 points. So...

Sephora wins with carrying higher end & exclusive products. Even then other retailers and brands are stepping up with more sales and bigger discounts. This in turn pushes me to buy direct from brands. Add Rakuten on top.

I know I am preaching to the choir ;) For me, all the things above help me with staying in budget and being smart with my purchases. Sephora just isn't making the grade for me.
I agree with everything you said her. my main reason why I shopped at sephora was because of the availability of higher end brands but the brand's direct website has better deals..to me ulta has much better deals so i will continue to shop there. i'm disappointed in Sephora it feels like a scam.

Mac-Guy

The thing is I need to avoid a lot of commonly used ingredients on my scalp. I assume DE will start off without essential oils but cocamidopropyl betaine seems to be a favorite of theirs and since that makes my hair shed I have my fingers crossed.

I just saw that there is also a deodorant and body lotion. I am glad that all the body items are moderately priced.

Mac-Guy

No, it stated...somewhere...that it will still be available.

All the reward programs are going down the drain. The incentives are just too small to keep people going. I am sure there will be a turn and companies will offer better deals.

I mostly purchase at Cultbeauty, which offers a lot of interesting discounts or deals. I buy most of my Drunk Elephant at 20% off. I really like their deals and they keep me happy as a customer, even without a reward program.

shellygrrl

Staff member
The thing is I need to avoid a lot of commonly used ingredients on my scalp. I assume DE will start off without essential oils but cocamidopropyl betaine seems to be a favorite of theirs and since that makes my hair shed I have my fingers crossed.

The hair stuff is up for preview/add to waitlist on Cult Beauty, with ingredients lists. Cocamidopropyl Betaine is the third ingredient in the shampoo, unfortunately.

DILLIGAF

SEPHORA has made the decision to close all retail stores until April 3rd. They will continue with online orders and have expanded returns to accommodate for the closings. They are also offering free shipping on all online orders during this time. ( use the promo code FREESHIP ) Hope everyone is staying safe at this taxing time. If you can #STAY THE EFF HOME. If not like myself do the best you can to protect yourself.

fur4elise

Looks like the Spring Sale dates are out:

VIBR April 17 - May 1 - 20%
VIB April 21 - April 29 - 15%
BI April 23 - April 27 - 10%

Considering the current state of the world I am not moved! I have very little on my :heart: list and again 15% is paltry. So I will be skipping this and waiting for 20% at Ulta.

VAL4M

I have somewhat a big list but with the state of the world economy i need to be careful and i want a foundation but the foundation match seems so all over the map i’m not sure i want to splurge without testing. So if you have the Pat McGrath foundation what number are you ??? Hahaha

MaryJane

I'll stock up on some Drunk Elephant skin care. I don't really want/need much makeup. I may get more Charlotte Tilbury dual ended liners. I have the blue and bronze ones so far and really like them. I'm a sucker for almost anything CT.

Latest posts