All Things Ulta

Icecaramellatte

I meant it more from a consumer perspective. I'm unimpressed with collabs at this point. And I was being bougie. Call me when you have a collab with a real brand. :roflmao: Jk!
But I do appreciate your insight into the influencer's side of things. I'm sure she'll increase her viewership and bank account! I just found her video odd. Talking about being on Youtube for a century and holding out on deals b/c she has integrity, then finally partnering with....Makeup Revolution. And crying. Again, I'll cry for a partnership with Chanel, lol! :boink:

Oh she said she held out on other deals because she has integrity! LOL That is funny. Oh I need to watch this video.

Mac-Guy

I received my TF Tutti Fruitti items today. The left side of the blush duo has glitter, which I suspected but still don't appreciate. I bought the duos for the blush shades and not the highlighters anywho, so not a huge deal. Just irritating on principle. :p The tops of the compacts are a thinner plastic with mirrors. The Cherry Bomb blush duo smells like a real watermelon, rind and all. It's not overpowering, but it doesn't smell amazing or like cherries. The Plumagranate duo smells better, like any little kids lip products do with a generic berry scent. Not offensive either. And the Razzle Dazzle Berry e/s palette smells similar, like a generic raspberry kiddie makeup smell. Not bad, not overpowering. There's glitter in two of the e/s but oddly enough it's more fine than in the face products.
Can't speak to quality b/c I haven't tested anything. The blushes feel nice on a swatch, but other than that, who knows? The things I got are fun and look promising, so fingers crossed!

i swatched the blush duos for me and they are not a good match. The highlighters are too glittery for my taste and they lean more on the yellow-warm side. I think they will look awesome on NC skin.

I'm testing the foundation to find a good match. :)

Mac-Guy

I meant it more from a consumer perspective. I'm unimpressed with collabs at this point. And I was being bougie. Call me when you have a collab with a real brand. :roflmao: Jk!
But I do appreciate your insight into the influencer's side of things. I'm sure she'll increase her viewership and bank account! I just found her video odd. Talking about being on Youtube for a century and holding out on deals b/c she has integrity, then finally partnering with....Makeup Revolution. And crying. Again, I'll cry for a partnership with Chanel, lol! :boink:

I didn't know this particular influencer. There are just too many and too many collaborations.

One thing is for sure: The influencer/collaboration trend will not last forever. Thank goodness for that! We just need to hold our breath until this phase is over.

fur4elise

I didn't know this particular influencer. There are just too many and too many collaborations. One thing is for sure: The influencer/collaboration trend will not last forever. Thank goodness for that! We just need to hold our breath until this phase is over.

I believe the same. There are plenty of us not swayed or hoodwinked.

Haven

Just got another 20% off email. I was reading the fine print, and prestige brands are excluded. :(

Last edited:

VAL4M

Partnering with anyone is probably a big deal. Increasing exposure of your brand is probably a big consideration at this point. Although Makeup Revolution has questionable practices, it is in Ulta. That is a lot of stores states side not to mention all the product that would be in the UK. She may even have her picture or something on display and more people may get to know her name. Maybe she has a deal based on how much product sold or something. Plus, I don't know if the everyday consumer is aware of the all the copying that they have done. Maybe they are trying to change their image and don't want to do so much outright copying anymore. Just a guess though. They seem to be doing a lot of these collaborations. I'm subscribed to her but don't really watch her videos that much. I glanced at her video the other day just to see what the product was but some how missed that it was 2 products. I need to go back and watch the video in full.
I like her, been watching her video since I discovered youtube, almost purchase her palette but .....

I just cringe when she gave the explanation of why she gave that name for that shade, hope, joy, peace .... i'm like no thank you i'm not a church person LOL (I know i'm bad! ) so yah i'm passing almost gave her my money but shouldn't have watch that video LOL

fur4elise

[MENTION=65477]shellygrrl[/MENTION] ~ My 21days lust list: Clarisonic sensitive brush head, BECCA Ever Matte Primer & Cover FX Custom Drops in Candlelight. I'll even have money left on my g/c ;)

Alysse011

I bought Pearl in store today!

I will also be purchasing the Lancôme eyelash primer and Clarisonic brush heads. I’m debating getting Lancôme Monsieur Big as well. I’ve been wanting to try it for a few months now but I always end up disappointed in new mascaras.

javadoo

I bought Pearl in store today!

I will also be purchasing the Lancôme eyelash primer and Clarisonic brush heads. I’m debating getting Lancôme Monsieur Big as well. I’ve been wanting to try it for a few months now but I always end up disappointed in new mascaras.
I use Monsieur Big and I LOVE it.

Like love, Love, LOVE it.

Monsy

I agre on MR big. the best mascara so far from lancome. I like really big dramatic lashes. Formula is more wet especially at first. The scent is pretty strong too but it fades after a couple of uses. Also i feel that formula gets better and better the more you use it.

Alysse011

I agre on MR big. the best mascara so far from lancome. I like really big dramatic lashes. Formula is more wet especially at first. The scent is pretty strong too but it fades after a couple of uses. Also i feel that formula gets better and better the more you use it.

Thank you! I also like dramatic lashes and prefer a wet formula. I guess I’ll be going to ulta for this deal too!

boschicka

i swatched the blush duos for me and they are not a good match. The highlighters are too glittery for my taste and they lean more on the yellow-warm side. I think they will look awesome on NC skin.

I'm testing the foundation to find a good match. :)

Yes, the glitter in the highlighters is ridiculous. I won't be using them as I planned not to from the start, but the blushes work well for me. The foundation doesn't have very positive reviews, so I'll be sticking with the matte version for now.

DILLIGAF

So far all I grabbed was the beauty blender solid cleanser for my brushes. I just ran out of the London Brush Company cleanser. Now looking forward to some Velour lashes and replacing my Dose of Colors liquid lip in Merlot.

Mac-Guy

Yes, the glitter in the highlighters is ridiculous. I won't be using them as I planned not to from the start, but the blushes work well for me. The foundation doesn't have very positive reviews, so I'll be sticking with the matte version for now.

Did you try mixing the highlighter with the blush? I found that the Apricot in the Act blush mixed really well without noticeable glitter.

Re the foundation: I still need to test it. The reviews I saw are just first impressions, which are not always very accurate.

MorenitaLokita

Makeupshayla mentioned a laura gellar highlighter in Gilded Honey so I picked up a mini/travel size of it, as well as a lip gloss from Dose of Colors that she recommended. I love both! I stopped by ULTA today and saw that they had a deal on both TIGI bedhead and Joico 2 shampoo and conditioner for $20. I got the Tigi Bedhead urban antidote #3 and dumb blonde. My hair NEEDS PROTEIN. Needs it, I said! I've heard great things about Dumb Blonde so I am excited. The other one smelled good and said that it's for weak, dry brittle hair so hopefully it can help. I read on several blogs that balancing protein and moisture is important for optimum health and lustre so we'll see ;)

I'm not into drugstore makeup much, but I stopped by the NYX section. I was interested in the new foundation but the two shades that matched me the best were all sold out. It's not important or appealing enough for me to order online and wait for it, so I just kept it moving. lol

boschicka

Did you try mixing the highlighter with the blush? I found that the Apricot in the Act blush mixed really well without noticeable glitter.

Re the foundation: I still need to test it. The reviews I saw are just first impressions, which are not always very accurate.

I didn't try that. The glitter upsets me on principle, but that's good to know it's the kind that dissipates.
What brands do you buy other than Too Faced and MAC?

Latest posts