Am I crazy or did this MAC artist do a bad job?

AiriMagdalene

I don't think the issue is that the brows are too dark. They're the same darkness that I would have filled in your brows. The problem is that they're too red. You seem to have cool toned dark brown hair from these photos, and the brow color is too warm toned for you. That's why they seem off.
Your crease is very pronounced, and should have been utilized better. The thick band of color that extends almost, but not quite to the crease, makes the depth of your eye confusing. Especially since, from there, the artist built up two extremely similar colours, with one only slightly lighter than the other. When using a strong color (such as blue) with a frost finish, the brow highlight should definitely be matte.
The shade of pink used on your waterline and the outer portion of your lower lashline makes you appear high. However, seeing what I've seen, I'm more apt to believe that the artist was high.
I'm sorry about your bad experience with a MAC artist. I would suggest getting your makeup done at a different counter. It's a shame this happened! You're an adorable girl and you deserve better! Haha.

EOTD-Fanny

I think the brows are just a little bit too dark an defined.
The biggest issue in this look is however the highlighter (in my opinion, ofc!).
I think it´s too shimmery and the colour is a bit weird.
It´s a bit too 80-90´s for me.
So yes, your not crazy, this make up doesn´t look professional.

BUT!
I must say, you are very pretty! :)