Am I crazy?

UyenNhii

Gahh.. I have a big problem! Me and my family are going to a vacation this summer, and I plan on getting ALOT of MAC makeup, since there's only one store here in Norway, and it's waaay overpriced! I made a list over stuff that I HAVE to get, and the total is over 2000 US$. And that is all my MUST have. Gad, am I crazy? What should I do? 2000 is a lot of money, and I don't even have a job xD I have the money though :p

Xqueeze_me

If you can afford them, WHY NOT?!
winks.gif
I wish I don't have to work but still have the money to spend! hahaha

Please take a picture of that US$2000 haul when you're back!!

purrtykitty

If you have the money to spare, then it's your choice to do with it what you want (I really hate it when I get chastised for spending my money how I want). Have you thought about going through the Specktra sale thread and looking for some of the stuff you want, though? It would probably save you a huge chunk of money.

Edit: Oh yes, and do post pics of your haul when you return. I'd love to see what that all looks like!!

Obreathemykiss

Gosh that is quite a lot of money. It's your money, do what you want! You only live once! If it were me in your shoes, I would def search the clearance bin for some of the items you really want...like the above said-save you a huge chunk of change. Then you might be able to spend some of that cash on clothes or something else that we women must have.

Xqueeze Me, I wish I didn't have to work but had loads of cash to spend on my obsessions!

marinasmith

I think you should buy whatever you want. I say that 'cause last year I went to NY and bought over $1000 worth of makeup. I live in Brazil and here everything is over the top expensive. A MAC eye shadow costs R$66 Reais, which is equal to U$ 38 dolars. Another example: a 136 brush costs R$300 Reais here (or U$176 dolars). It's insane!

So I see where you're coming from. I'm going to NY again on december and I'm already saving to get a bunch of new stuff.

Ithica

It seems like alot to spend in one go, but when i think about how much most of us girls have worth in make up its hardly different, its just that your doing it all in one go. If you can afford it then why not - i say take advantage of it being cheaper there ^_^

And if these things are things you've really wanted/waited for then go ahead but don't feel guilty, just enjoy it!
greengrin.gif

panda0410

Just make sure you do it at a DUTY FREE store, dont do it while you are cruising about your holiday - your haul will be slightly bigger then
winks.gif

fondasaurusrex

I say go for it ! If you buy all the things you want in Norway then you will probably be spending a lot more than $2000 . Just think of it as saving money ! And the MA's will love you !

KikiB

Well if you are somewhere where you can get the things you want for less, then it is your God-given right to do so. I do have to agree about going duty-free though. Where exactly are you going? If you're going to be here in the States, make sure you get yourself to a CCO. You might be able to find some of your must-haves, but also get some other fun things as well (like the much-loved BB Peony shimmer brick). Hell, if I was in an area with overpriced MAC and I was going on holiday somewhere that it was less expensive, then I would haul big-time.

It's like it is at my store-because my store is only in the lower 48 right now, we get significant business from Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii, but also people from Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, the UK, and even Turkey.

talste

I'm kinda in the same boat, I'll be moving soon to a remote location with no MAC and a very unreliable postal service so I wont even be able to buy online, I am buying up like crazy now, If you can afford it, Go for it.

UyenNhii

Thank you guys soo much! I feel alot better now, I worried about it for a while, but I really belive it will be worth it! And hey, I'm SAVING money, 'cause in Norway, I actually pay US$25,5 for an eyeshadow! I find that very expensive!

KikiB: I'm going on a trip to Vietnam and Thailand (maybe Singapore), and on the way we are going to pass through Denmark (they have MAC at the airport!) and Singapore (I've heard that they have 2 MAC stores at their airport
greengrin.gif
)

lovely333

It would be easy to for me to say that's too much but it cost less here in the states. But you have the chance to buy it for a lot less then at home. Go for it just make sure it's stuff you love so you will have no regrets. I wish I had that kind of money to spend I would go crazy.

talste

Quote:
Originally Posted by UyenNhii
Singapore (I've heard that they have 2 MAC stores at their airport
greengrin.gif
)

There are 2 stores but they're in different terminals, I last went through Changi 5 weeks ago and the stock was kinda limited
ssad.gif

M.A.C. head.

Go for it.

If you have the money [NOT A CREDIT CARD! lol] then do what you please with what's YOURS!

Have fun!

UyenNhii

Quote:
Originally Posted by talste
There are 2 stores but they're in different terminals, I last went through Changi 5 weeks ago and the stock was kinda limited
ssad.gif

Really? Did you buy anything? Remember any prices? :p
greengrin.gif

talste

I only picked up some mac wipes as nothing caught my eye, When are you heading off for holiday? as I'm next in Singapore on the 22nd this month, so if you haven't left by then send me a list of what your interested in and I can have a quick look & check availability for you.
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

Just remember that if you're buying in the states, you will be getting more MAC for your money!!! If an eyeshadow cost $25 or so in Norway, you could be getting almost 2 in the US for that price!!! Besides, one eyeshadow or any product can sometimes last forever so go for it LOL and show us pics!

UyenNhii

Quote:
Originally Posted by talste
I only picked up some mac wipes as nothing caught my eye, When are you heading off for holiday? as I'm next in Singapore on the 22nd this month, so if you haven't left by then send me a list of what your interested in and I can have a quick look & check availability for you.
smiles.gif

You can?? You will? ;O OMG! That's so nice of you! I'm leaving June 19th
tong.gif

talste

UyenNhii, sure its no troubles, just pm me your list, I'll have a look for you & post the details after I get back home on the 25th
smiles.gif

Latest posts