Am I crazy?

user79

I'd spend maybe $500 on stuff you have to have, and either save the rest or invest in something that will last longer or that you will get some other use out of. That's just me...

User49

I think that's too much to spend in one go on just makeup. Think about it... are you really going to use up 2000 worth of make up? What if it got stolen while you were on holiday. I would have a think about it seriously. I understand wanting to spend money on mac. YOur talking to someone who is in debt because of mac! But now I look back and think you dont need that much make up! Just get a few things that are special and save your money for things like memories with friends or a new car or something! x

Karen_B

I'd probably look for cheaper MAC alternatives. For example, cherryculture.com which sells NYX products ships internationally for 20 USD. It's expensive shipping, but if you're willing to spend 2000 USD on makeup, does it matter? NYX has some great MAC dupes at 1/3 of the price.

rosenbud

I know you are planning to spend all this money as MAC will be cheaper for you abroad.......but have you considered the import duty that buying outside the EU inccurs if you are travelling from an EU country and try to buy products outside the EU that are over a certain value.

For example here in the UK we can have up to £135 ($270) over that amount of goods they add 'value added tax' on top, I think it is a minium of around 17.5% depending on the goods bought.

So I would advise you first to check out Norways policies on buying goods outside the EU and your personal allowance.
th_wink3.gif

UyenNhii

Thank you guys very much for your thoughts! I guess I'll have to reconsider the whole thing again xD

And rosebud, thanks for informing me! I have not thought about that! But Norway is not a EU member, we are a European country, but not a member ;P And I belive the limit is about US$1000
tong.gif
Oh well.. We'll see.