Am I the only geek who loves giving her brushes a bath?

arbonnechick

Gawd, what a geek I am.
greengrin.gif

It's a ritual I just love, lining up all my dirty MAC brushes and lovingly washing each one of them, and then lining them up, all purty-like to dry.
eyelove.gif

I think I need therapy.
fluffy.gif

Gisselle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbonnechick
Gawd, what a geek I am.
greengrin.gif

It's a ritual I just love, lining up all my dirty MAC brushes and lovingly washing each one of them, and then lining them up, all purty-like to dry.
eyelove.gif

I think I need therapy.
fluffy.gif

I love cleaning mine as well.

koolmnbv

Mine is like a chore, I have to make myself. But I have like almost 40 brushes and I think all but 2 are mac (not that that matters whatsoever) but I just always feel like I don't have time and then when I go to put on browns or neutrals and there is pink e/s still on the brush I wanna kick myself lol...and it's all my own fault for neglecting the poor brushes.

KJam

I love it, they look so brand new when they're all done and smell like lavendar!

user2

No I adore it!

I do it every sunday when I watch the rerun of my fav show!

It's so relaxing!
greengrin.gif

Sushi_Flower

Well can any of you self proclaimed wierd 'geek's who actually love doing it give me any tips and advice to make it easier, quicker and more 'enjoyable' for me? I hate doing it and i don't even have that many brushes.

koolmnbv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Well can any of you self proclaimed wierd 'geek's who actually love doing it give me any tips and advice to make it easier, quicker and more 'enjoyable' for me? I hate doing it and i don't even have that many brushes.

Hahah I was beginning to think I was the odd one for disliking it! Everyone else seems to love it, maybe I'm missing out on some amazing part of the process

I agree if anyone has a trick/tip to make this better I'd also like to know!

mspixieears

I go through love/hate stages, I've been ignoring it for a while, but usually I like doing them all in a row. That sounds a bit sus, doesn't it...?

Jennifer Mcfly

I love it. I hate when I've been slacking and they are dirtier then I like. I panic and must clean them asap!! I do love cleaning them though, it is like having a new set of brushes!!

asteffey

haha i've even converted my roommate to cleaning her brushes! i think living with me she's dished out more money than ever on makeup. she witnesses my addiction & spends by proxy.
smiles.gif

Wattage

Haha, I love washing mine! I even have a special towel for them. When I am done, I line them up according to size and admire then.

DORKNESS!

greengrin.gif

arbonnechick

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
i like it hah that is so sad i even condition them
icon_eek.gif

Oh wow, you're even sicker than I am!!!!!
rofl.gif

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbonnechick
Oh wow, you're even sicker than I am!!!!!
rofl.gif

lol rrrr but it makes them so nice nd soft
greengrin.gif

Katgirl625

I hate washing mine, and I delay as long as possible - I'll rinse out right away when I'm using something with a ton of pigment, or a paint, and just leave it on my counter, but otherwise, I'm horrible...especially with my 150 big fluffy powder brush...I use it every day, and I'm sooooooooooooooooooo lazy about washing it.

Turbokittykat

I don't like washing mine but I do it regularly anyway. I can't stand the thought of using a dirty brush on my face.

arbonnechick

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
lol rrrr but it makes them so nice nd soft
greengrin.gif

I did use the Grins and Giggles Baby Wash last night on my brushes, and my 187 doesn't smell like a stinky old goat today.
lol.gif

noteventherain

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
Hahah I was beginning to think I was the odd one for disliking it! Everyone else seems to love it, maybe I'm missing out on some amazing part of the process

I agree if anyone has a trick/tip to make this better I'd also like to know!

haha noooo, I'm the same as you two. I wash mine daily, or as needed really, but it's such a chore. I like doing makeup, not the cleaning aspect of it! It's like doing dishes. . .I like to eat, but not cleaning after myself.

any of you who love to clean their brushes: feel free to come over to my house and give mine a good clean! :p

Latest posts