Am I the only one who is disappointed with the Naked palettes?

Jaymuhlee

I bought 1, 3, and the basics and returned all three of them. Me and the NAKEDs just aren't meant to be. I love UD but I'd rather buy a single or two in colors I actually like that vary wildly than 12 colors that are so. close. to. one. another. I have and love the LORAC Pro and Unzipped palettes. I also love my Stila in the Light palette. I could have kept basics but I thought I could put that money to better use.

cakewannaminaj

I have owned the first one but I didn't like it as much and thought I was the odd one who is always like opposite to everyone! I sold my first one, then when Naked 3 came out, I got that and I absolutely adore the colors! Downside is, my Nake3 came broken, like yours. Like the tin case is just not sturdy! But it doesn't bother me much :)

BrknFlwr85

I have all of the Naked palettes and use them quite often, but I hate that I always have to reach for different mattes because there just aren't enough in the palettes. Also, there is a glitter bomb shade in all three of them that I absolutely cannot stand. I love glitter, but I don't feel the need to have them in my everyday neutrals palettes. I honestly think I would be a lot happier if UD would release a full-size Naked palette with nothing but matte shades.

Pippilotta

I almost bought the first one, but before I pressed the button, a friend of mine bought one so I could test the colors a bit before ordering. However, I didn't like the texture and didn't order it. I liked the colors of #2 more, but I didn't order it because I thought the texture probably was the same as in #1.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I liked the colors of #2 more, but I didn't order it because I thought the texture probably was the same as in #1.
Most of the shadows in the Naked 2 I have are easy to work with. The only one that's a bit difficult to work with is Tease. (If you like the colour of that one, go for MAC Quarry or Makeup Geek Unexpected. I own the latter and it's fab.) And then you have YDK which, much like Sidecar in Naked, is fallout city. Anyhoo. If you like the colours but are concerned about the quality, there are options. http://myeyeshadowconsultant.com/2012/09/04/mac-dupes-for-urban-decays-naked2-palette/ This lists MAC dupes for shades, but I think you may be able to find closer dupes in other brands. http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/coastal-scents-revealed-palette/ Seems to me like Coastal Scents' Revealed palette is like a mix of favoured shades from the first two Naked palettes.

infinitize

I had naked1 palette and ended up returning it.
maybe my expectations were too high, but I didn't understand the hype.
I have Asian smaller eyes, so I tend to prefer the natural, soft look. I do like shimmers, but I found that the naked palette's shades gave "metallic glitters"
I looked too "sharp" and "over done" with this palette.. almost like something I would only use if I were to go clubbing.
The burgundy color in the pan when swatched wasn't burgundy but some kind of a color with heavy metallic silver in them..

the lasting power and the texture was amazing though..very blendable, non creasing, and soft to touch.