Am I the only one?

michy_mimi

I wnat to see them first, but I really am not all that impressed either...but that could be because I am on a major lotion and bath binge at the moment! lol

SMMY

I like the pigments, but I am new to MAC and don't have very many to my name yet. I also like the pencils. The quad doesn't look as pretty in actual photos as it did in the promos. Nothing else is really a must have for me from this collection. I think I'll be spending most of my money on the summer collections instead, especially the new eyeliners.

Wattage

I can agree with you. I really like one of the pigments and one of the glasses but I don't think I will be getting the quad, the laquers, the glosses or any of the liners.

Too much of the collection is not "wearable" for me. And by that I mean wearable to work and school. I am really into collecting beautiful neutrals and sheer, soft colours right now and unfortunately (but fortunate for my CC), Sweetie Cake is just a little too loud for me. Also, anything with cool colours (blue & purple esp) tend to look horrid on me - and blue and purple seem to be what SC is all about!

I enjoyed last year's collections much more than anything that has come out thus far this year. Culturebloom was a big disappointment for me.

You're not alone!
greengrin.gif

glamella

I'm not into the summer stuff. Lure/Bait/Hooked and Sundressing... I'm hoping Turquatic will be good.

brandiisamonkey

I like the pigments... the eyeshadows are eh to me... and the liners are cool... the lil gloss pots are cute but I dont think id ever use them... so im not overly impressed by it... I'll probably get the pigs and 2 of teh pencils and thats it... *shrugs* I like all the colors in culturebloom better...

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
Who is not impressed with Sweetie Cake?

<ducks>

I was waiting for a thread like this
graucho.gif
..I'm not feeling this collection at all. I'll send my b/f to the store to grab me a post card if there is any otherwise I'll just save my money for Sundressing.

Gloriamgo

I got a lot, but only for collection purposes...i guess? That and I have no self-control!

The things that I really like are Pinked Mauve pigment and mouth watering lipglass, everything else can be passed on (even though I didn't!).

Winthrop44

Being warm complexioned and somewhat older than alot of folks on here, none of it appeals to me with the possible exception of Petit Four l/g.

72Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
Who is not impressed with Sweetie Cake?

<ducks>

I can see where you wouldn't like these colors. I on the other hand am a NW20 and I can't wait for this collection.

Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cosmo
I can see where you wouldn't like these colors. I on the other hand am a NW20 and I can't wait for this collection.

Me not liking the collection has nothing to do with my skin color. I am in love with Culturebloom and feel that this collection isn't as pretty.

blueyedlady87

I'm only hyped for the 2 darker pigments (Apricot Pink and the mauve one) , the glitter pencils, and one lipglass. It's okay. The quad doesn't interest me at all. I think they could have done a lil better job, don't worry! Your not alone.

<3

bebs

well I thought I would like all of it and was getting ready to buy almost all of it, -now only getting the pigments and maybe a few lipglasses- I then got to test it out and play with it today and I talked to a few ma's that got to take it home and play with it and 3 of the 4 that I talked to said the glitter eyeliners hurt -cause the glitter got into their eyes and said they wouldnt sugest it- and then nothing else but those really looks good.. the quad is a bit to light and already have many colours that are the same.

Ambi

Nope, everyone's especially excited about the quad but all the colors in it are so similar to permanent colors it doesn't interest me, and the pigments, bleh.

d_flawless

def. not! i'm only getting a pigment, sweetie cake gloss, and peacocky. i can't WAIT until lure/bait/hooked though, hopefully it is not as disappointing!

Gloriamgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
well I thought I would like all of it and was getting ready to buy almost all of it, -now only getting the pigments and maybe a few lipglasses- I then got to test it out and play with it today and I talked to a few ma's that got to take it home and play with it and 3 of the 4 that I talked to said the glitter eyeliners hurt -cause the glitter got into their eyes and said they wouldnt sugest it- and then nothing else but those really looks good.. the quad is a bit to light and already have many colours that are the same.

I can see how the glitter can hurt...the pencil colors are sooo pretty, but the glitter is crazy! There is so much that goes on with every, ummm stroke?, it almost overpowers the color! I was pretty sad about that
ssad.gif

Corvs Queen

Nothing for me either. I really like the new Fluidlines that are coming out with Lure/Bait/Hooked too, but I really think that I'm going to wait for the Luquidlast liners. I am sure that I'll end up getting all of them.

bluegrassbabe

I'm getting the pigments, just because I never skip out on pigments. Pigments are as addictive as crack to me.
I'm probably not getting anything else. The quad doesn't really appeal to me. I don't have much use for the glitter liners, it's something I would wear maybe one or two times. The little lipglosses look kinda cheap to me. They remind me of lipglosses I had when I was a little kid.
I'll be saving most of my cash for the summer collections.

lara

I might get the lip glosses for myself, and everything else can go straight to my kit. I can see myelf using a lot of the sparkly junk at the end of the year for formals, or on young bridesmaids.