Am I the only one?

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by asraicat
hey hunnies, whats the general concensus on the softsparkle pencils?
great? meh? major fallout? cast your vote now
i'm torn b/t HOPING & DREADING that the SC piggies will be soo damned similar to recent past releases
they need to mix them up a bit i think- they've all been so similar that it makes me question the new pigment collection launch later this yr

I was never planning on getting them. MAC pencils are horrid on me. They run and ghost all over my eyes - now Fluidlines- that is another story. I LOVE those.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEyez
Okay, I understand the unimpressed-ness and things like that....but I thought Sweetie Cake was being used to target basically highschool Seniors and Juniors for their Prom? Did I not read that somewhere? or is that another collection coming out soon...

but back to the point. So if it seems plain and boring to some, and not wearable to work, etc....that's because it's not supposed to be. It's basically One Occasion Only makeup...

That is a very good point

Vennie

I am not interesting in this collection at all. Even the pigments don't thrill me. sigh. Well, it does leave more money for the new fluidlines coming out.

Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelly
i love the collection! its so cute n girly! - your just a freak jude <3

Takes one to know one beeyotch! <3

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
Takes one to know one beeyotch! <3

You guys are hilarious!

Oh, damn! New fluidlines...wish I hadn't read that, now I'm all excited about that collection.

Please let the new pencils not melt and make me look all skanky (or skankier, heh heh), please!

SMMY

Okay, how many naysayers in here caved and bought something from the Sweetie Cakes collection anyway.
*raises hand and hangs head in shame*

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
What colors are coming out in Fluidlines?

I am so into liquidlast- I am willing to pass on the pigments from sweetiecake if necessary to save for them.

I only wish we could see this stuff so we could save for all of it- esp the new pigments coming out in June.

Here you are my dear. I really like the blue-ish one.

http://www.beautyplaza.de/board/inde...howtopic=28967

user4

i actually really like the collection... im not a huge fan (and actually really dislike) the glitter eye kohls or whatever they are. they are harsh as hell and that was just on my hand... i cant imagine how much it could irritate the eye... but i like most of the l/g and i really like the petit glosses... i like the quad... its pretty... i guess it could be a little too girlie (for me at least) but its def workable. i like it!!! and i actually wore the colors to work today... i still havent used the blue but eh... thats my least fave lol. i really like the purple!!! and ummmm, lets see, i think thats it!

JUDE STOP BEING SUCH A HATER!!!!!!

Sprout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
Who is not impressed with Sweetie Cake?

<ducks>

The more pics I see, the less I want. I wasn't interested at first, then some of the hype got to me. Now, I may get Petit Four lipglass. Maybe. Possibly the 2 lightest pigments, but I honestly don't care too much either way on them. They both look similar to things I already own.

Everything else just looks, blah to me. If the glittery eye pencils had some warm shades in the collection, I'd go for them maybe, but no.

And I really, really hate the pot glosses with the drizzle effect on them. So 2004 Revlon.

booters78

I don't think I am going to get any of it..I wanting to get the quad but the colors look alot like ones that i already have..so poo..just i will just wait for something else..

user79

Went to the store today to take a closer look. Thumbs down from me. Everything was girly pink and mauve. Boring!

Although, I think it will be good for high-school girls wanting prom make-up I guess, which is the audience they want to target. The pencils were ok but not worth the $18.50 CAD in my opinion.

I left with nothing from the collection.

pumpkincat210

I went to the MAC store today planning on getting some Sweetie Cake.. The only things I got were the Pinked Mauve and Apricot pink pigments. I thought I'd like the quad, but the colors looked too similar.. Seedy Pearl and Aquadisiac come to mind.. and the purple wasn't that outstanding.. I ended up passing on the glitterliners too because I realized I'm not a sparkle person. The online swatches of this collection look better than in real life.

kannan

i'm so sad to hear about the painful liners. i wonder if you seal them with she-laq or something it'd be better?

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
You know I saw it all at the counter the other day and didn't get a thing. I will still keep it on my list of wants, but don't think there is anything I will actually purchase.

gigiproductions

can u say womp womp
i was like WTF MAC
the pigments are eh but im only getting em cuz my friend is giving em to me as a gift
the pencils sucked except peacocked
and dejarose lg is better than sweetie cake imo
im just all blah over this
and that quad is effin fugly thank god im not a quad collector cuz yuck!
those are 12 yr old barbie colors..def not for moi..gimmie inventive eyes and thunder quad!