Amy Winehouse : Breath of Fresh old school Air

She's a real bitch though. I don't like saying that about people but she is. Some of the things she has said about other people have been really nasty. She's also very big headed. I do like her music though.

spectrolite

I've heard here name mentioned but never really took any interest until I got linked from another page to one of her video's on YouTube. She is amazing! I love her voice and style and the cd is fierce!

DevinGirl

I love her voice. As far as her looks go, I think that she's different & sort of uber masculine at times, but I think it's part of what makes her visually appealing. Now as a person (because I can differentiate between her looks, voice, & persona) I think there's a lot left to be desired. I read that during a show she was so drunk had to run offstate to throw up & never came back on. I think that's lame & really unprofessional. That being said, I envy the hell out of her voice & think she's got a sassy style.

Havenly

Unfortunately, I think some people, though they may be super talented, are not prepared to get on stage in front of thousands of people. Also, a lot of highly creative people have substance abuse and mental health problems. It just sucks that it impacts their fans when they miss shows or have to go running off stage to puke. I love Amy Winehouse for her lyrics and music, but I don't know if I would risk spending money on a ticket for her show. If anyone listens to Cat Power, she was the same way for a long time. She rarely made it through a full set. She seems to be better about that now, though. Maybe Amy Winehouse will eventually clean up a bit. In the meantime, I am thankful for her powerful lyrics.
smiles.gif

Urbana

i really love her new album, i cant stop listening to it. from the 1st song to the last!!!!!!!!!
my fav probably would be ' you know im no good'

circusflavouredgum

I like her voice and her music. I think her look is amazing too. I love the Ronettes, and she pulls off a kind of punk-Ronettes look that I really dig.

Her alledged alcohol/drug abuse is worrying, but doesn't affect what I think of her as an artist.

TM26

I had actually never heard of her before until this thread. I downloaded the song rehab, and I tried to like it. Honestly it was just not my thing, but that is what I love about music, so much variety
smiles.gif

flowerhead

I saw Amy Winehouse in a bar once, and she smiled at me! I didn't smile back.
I just find it hilarious that an alcoholic has a second name like 'Winehouse'

thelove4tequila

See did a show and she was totally trashed! You could totally tell something wasn't right with her. She's weird. Needs to get off the drugs, but I do like some of her songs I must admit.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I think she is so gorgeous! I wish that I could pull of the tattoo, dark hair, and severe (but beautiful) makeup. And her voice is so beautiful. I think she put such a great spin on old school music for today.
I had to go to 4 stores before I was able to find her cd. It has been flying off the shelves around here!
I have been playing this cd non stop! I totally recommend this to anyone!!
smiles.gif

She's cute from the front......but her profile looks like "Who did it and got away with it?"

amy1.jpg

LAWD.....^WTF?!?!?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
She's cute from the front......but her profile looks like "Who did it and got away with it?"

amy1.jpg

LAWD.....^WTF?!?!?

LMAO!!! You aren't right!!

I think she is soooo talented. I love her voice. She does remind me of Lauryn Hill in terms of her sound. The two things I don't like about her are that her lyrics kind of suck at times. I just don't get what she is saying. I also think she has an apathy toward her talent and her opportunity. I hope she can pull it together. It would be sad to see her piss away what could be a fantastic career.

MisaMayah

Amy Winehouse is amazing...she is a British Jewel, one of very few truly talented artists in England. Her style is mad- yes she's a self- confessed druggie & alcoholic- but she has such a beautiful husky, old skool, soulful voice..

But I was so upset & angry when she decided to cancel her gig at the last minute. I bought the tickets in Dec 06 and waited 3 months to see her. I took my sister with me because she had just had her baby and I thought it would be nice to take her out. We got to the venue and the people working there told us it's been re-scheduled.
I had just picked up the tickets from the box office 4 hrs before!!

I sold the tickets cos I didn't want to end up being disappointed again if she cancelled- as after I heard this is quite a habit of hers!! I'll be sticking to just listening to her on cd in the future..

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I got the Cd, I ended up liking the song Rehab, I tried really hard to listen to the rest of the cd , but I honestly.. can not do it...its awful

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥

amy1.jpg

LAWD.....^WTF?!?!?

lol.. at the toothless pic only because its funny how she has alot of positive comments here but on another makeup forum i visit most only had negative things to say about how she looks and her music.. i think the poster mention she looks like a witch in the toothless pic..lol
i dont think i ever remember hearing any of her music and dont know anything about her...

mystikgarden

I really like her music. I don't normally listen to this kind of stuff, but I love her voice. I think it's smokey and sexy. I can care less about how she looks or what she does in her private life. It's good music some of her lyrics just crack me up and some just make me feel like yeah I know what your saying!!

Diskordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I got the Cd, I ended up liking the song Rehab, I tried really hard to listen to the rest of the cd , but I honestly.. can not do it...its awful

WHAT!!!???? did we listen to the same CD? Her album is da bomb! Honestly, I think she is one of the best, unique and "real" artists out there. I can't wait to see her live

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by little teaser
lol.. at the toothless pic only because its funny how she has alot of positive comments here but on another makeup forum i visit most only had negative things to say about how she looks and her music.. i think the poster mention she looks like a witch in the toothless pic..lol
i dont think i ever remember hearing any of her music and dont know anything about her...

LOL. She looks like Ms. Gulch from "The Wizard Of Oz" in the side view pic. Honestly, I've only heard part of "Rehab" and just wasn't feeling it.

tania_nia

The first single I heard was "You Know I'm No Good" and I was hooked. I like the whole mix of a soulful sounding girl who looks like she's about to ROCK! Funny thing my mom (who is African American) thought that Amy was black just judging by her sound...interesting huh? Yeah she's got problems I mean who doesn't? It's not like she's trying to be an idol for little girls like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears. No offense to those ladies!