Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

mac-obsessed

Omg I'm out of control! Just ordered 7 more lipsticks today on top of the 7 I already have :/ Ugh and I still want the rest of these babies but I think I'll wait for when they come out in Macy's store

Vineetha

Omg
66a17364_image.jpeg

Sandy072

Sadly, her cream contours are just as orange as her powder ones.
Yes... What the heck ... How's that going to work?! Very bizarre that a brand with great vision in other areas totally misses the mark w contour products. Maybe I'm just basic but I don't understand why companies are all putting out kits instead of duos... Even if you feel you will need darker contour in summertime you'll never need 3 contour shades... Unless you're going for very dramatic? I just feel like the majority of people are buying these 6 pan contour kits and only using 33%. Makes me scratch my head

erine1881

Yes... What the heck ... How's that going to work?! Very bizarre that a brand with great vision in other areas totally misses the mark w contour products. Maybe I'm just basic but I don't understand why companies are all putting out kits instead of duos... Even if you feel you will need darker contour in summertime you'll never need 3 contour shades... Unless you're going for very dramatic? I just feel like the majority of people are buying these 6 pan contour kits and only using 33%. Makes me scratch my head
You're not basic at all! And sadly all these people are eating it up, and clearly they don't grasp the concept of contouring either, otherwise they'd understand that these colours won't contour. You're gonna be left with an orange stripe down your cheek (no matter how blended it is) and no carved out cheekbone whatsoever. Orange doesn't produce a shadow, no matter how hard ya try!

NaomiH

You're not basic at all! And sadly all these people are eating it up, and clearly they don't grasp the concept of contouring either, otherwise they'd understand that these colours won't contour. You're gonna be left with an orange stripe down your cheek (no matter how blended it is) and no carved out cheekbone whatsoever. Orange doesn't produce a shadow, no matter how hard ya try!
They'd need to be more grey toned, right? To create the shadow effect?

erine1881

They'd need to be more grey toned, right? To create the shadow effect?
Yup. All shadows (which is what contouring is, creating shadows that aren't really there) are grey in colour, cool grey. They aren't orange, which is why using warm colours like bronzers to contour don't work. You just look like a mess with your bronzer in the wrong spots in your face. Bronzers beling on the high plains of your face, not the hollows. Here's a pic from Jordan Liberty's YT tutorial of what contouring with a bronzer (or foundation or concealer cuz those aren't grey either) vs contouring with an actual contour looks like.
71c9b70d_image.jpeg

NaomiH

Yup. All shadows (which is what contouring is, creating shadows that aren't really there) are grey in colour, cool grey. They aren't orange, which is why using warm colours like bronzers to contour don't work. You just look like a mess with your bronzer in the wrong spots in your face. Bronzers beling on the high plains of your face, not the hollows. Here's a pic from Jordan Liberty's YT tutorial of what contouring with a bronzer (or foundation or concealer cuz those aren't grey either) vs contouring with an actual contour looks like.
71c9b70d_image.jpeg
Definitely looks better with the grey toned contour!

NaomiH

Right!? Sadly all these companies keep spittin out war contour palettes, and everyone is gonna be walking around lookin like the first pic :shocked:
No thank you! The only orange I want on my face is my Modern Mandarin blush! Or an orange eyeshadow. :haha:

honey on boost

Such a great comparison, thank you! What cool/gray contour shades would you recommend for fair skin, then?
I know I'm not Erine but I love Sculpt and Kevyn Aucoin's sculpting powder.

Quote: Originally Posted by erine1881

MAC Sculpt Powder is a great contour powder that doesn't lean too cool or too grey. It matches me perfectly and I'm an NC20.
iagree.gif

erine1881

I know I'm not Erine but I love Sculpt and Kevyn Aucoin's sculpting powder. :agree:
Kevin's are nice as well! I haven't used them personally, but his have the perfect cool undertone to them too. But ABH, KVD, and all these other sets that are out there are out there are just too warm to contour. But they make great bronzers!

laurennnxox

Kevin's are nice as well! I haven't used them personally, but his have the perfect cool undertone to them too. But ABH, KVD, and all these other sets that are out there are out there are just too warm to contour. But they make great bronzers!
Thanks, both of you! I will definitely check them out. :) I saw that Sculpt only come in a pan online. Is there a way to get a compact for it so it's travel friendly? I'm not really a mac user so I don't have a z palette or anything of the sort I could stick it in.

erine1881

Thanks, both of you! I will definitely check them out. :) I saw that Sculpt only come in a pan online. Is there a way to get a compact for it so it's travel friendly? I'm not really a mac user so I don't have a z palette or anything of the sort I could stick it in. 
Unfortunately it only comes in pan form.

nt234

I exchanged my Lovely (which looked horrible on me) for Carina and it still looks like a highlighter exploded on my lips. I feel bad making another exchange, but if I don't get Sad Girl this time (which I originally asked for and said Carina would be fine if SG was out of stock), I just want my money back. I'm so disappointed in the ABH liquid lipsticks - I'm not really impressed by the formula. I might just exchange for one of the single eyeshadows on my list.