another pregnant woman made me cry today

urbanlilyfairy

slightly long rant ...sorry for the run on sentences and mispellings ...im moody =/

ok well obviously I am a plus sized woman. I am 5 ft even and at 5 months pg I am at 251. I am about a size 20 or so(*pre pg i was an 18) ..I normally go around feeling good about myself ..i do my hair..i put on my makeup and I don't go around wearing mumus...although sometimes in my house I do lol..but what im saying is I try to wear stylish clothes and feel good about myself and am normally not that self concioues.

But since being pregnant I have been quite self conciouess (sorry on the spelling lol ) I have pretty much only expanded in my belly which is expected the rest of me looks like it did before well my feet look a bit puffy too. People that know me can tell that yes I am expecting maybe strangers think im just even bigger than before. I personally do feel like i can see my pg belly it might not be poking up and all at attention but it has definetly gotten rounder and more firm and my two belly thing is pretty much nearly gone and forming into one big billy lol.

ok so what happend to day it had to to with a Freaking Parking space. I was on the military base here in Aviano, Italy. ON base there is 2 desiganted handicapped/expectant mother parking on each row in the parking lot.(for the preggo ladies there is no sign to put up u just park) so i decided to use this spot today since It was raining ..it was cool outside..i was wearing flip flops ..my clothes where moist because I was previously outside directing my husband while he was backing out a big moving truck in a small street here in italy so i got a little bit wet in the process... I got in my car to go pick up 20 euro from the atm on base so my hubby could get gas in the moving truck (we were picking up some nursery furniture !) ..I was stopping for just that to get money out of an atm.

I go in the parking lot look for a spot and there is pretty much not any parking neither close by or all the way in the back..The only spot I saw close too me was one of the handicapped/expectant mother spots clearly marked for both uses. I pull in to the spot. Rummage through my purse for about 2 mins before getting out looking for my debit card. I walk up the atm ..and here comes this clearly skinny yet pregnant woman practically running up too me ..she comes by and says " EXxxxxcuuuuuuuse me mam ...but are you even pregnant?" It caught me off guard and I was a little startled because she spoke so loudly and her tone of voice was sord of patronizing and rude.... So with my surprised and slightly embarassed face i say umh yeah...and she goes oh and turns around and walks away ...some guy she knew that was walking in turns to her and says why did you ask that lady that ..and i could hear as they are walking into the store that she was explaining to him they have parking for pregnant woman and she was going to park there.

I hurridely got my money walked to my car and just began to cry. I felt so stupid for parking there as I have wanted to park there before especially one day that was super hott and I was tired from driving around town and I just wanted to run into the commissary and get a damn snapple..but I didn't park there because I thought well im ok I can walk a lil further..but today when i did park there i got shit for it.

anyway im just bleh atm and wanted to rant.

I wish I would of had told the woman something like wtf bitch you want me to pee on a stick and prove it to you ..jUst because im not showing doesn't mean I don't get as tired as other skinny pregnant bitches out there lol..
ok sorry for the curseword (i love skinny pregnant people too sorry ..just this woman hurt my feelings ) =/

/rant off

Obreathemykiss

I'm sorry that she hurt your feelings. *Hugs*. Some people are just very rude and feel the need to make huge scenes for nothing. You have every right to park in those spots...those are obviously for women that are preggers and tbh, it's none of her damn business to ask you something like that. If it were me, I would have seriously been like yes I am...and what's it to you?! Are you the parking police? So what if you're plus size, it isn't right for her to discriminate against you because you are and assume that you are taking advantage of parking. I'd say use the space every day-it's there for you so make use of it! And screw those meanies! I hope you feel better-don't let her get to you.

Hilly

Aww I am sorry hun
ssad.gif

That was really rude of that biatch!!! I bet you are a BEAUTIFUL pregnant lady (showing or not). She probably wanted to bring you down because she feels bad about her self (as most bitches do). Try not to waste your tears and feelings on her- she is not worth one bit!

purrtykitty

Aww, sweetie - I'm sorry. That was just mean of her. Pregnant or not - she was a skinny bitch, and she probably always will be. I'm glad to hear that man tried to put her in her place - even though it really did no good. I bet you're gorgeous, so don't let her get you down.
th_hug.gif

MACATTAK

First come, first serve (just like any other parking space). I agree with the above poster...this is what these spaces are for, so park there all you want. You don't have to be showing to be pregnant, and you don't have to explain yourself to anyone (except maybe the cops if you were questioned). Also, if she's "practically running" up to you, seems like she can just run her happy ass into the store just as easily.
th_happy1.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Also, if she's "practically running" up to you, seems like she can just run her happy ass into the store just as easily.
th_happy1.gif

Lol, very well put!

fjc62701

Forget her, don't let her get the best of you. She is just a really ignorant person that was never taught any manners. I'm sure she will get hers sooner or later. I feel bad for her, since she is the one that has to live with her ugly inner self. Keep your head up and just remember that you where the better person in all of this, because you didn't lower yourself like she did. I hope your day goes better.
winks.gif

benzito_714

this is a time for you and your husband to be happy and just that. first off, that beast had no reason to act that way. even if you weren't preggo we all know not to ask a woman if she's expecting-its rude. i've had people ask me that several times after i gave birth-just loud and wrong.

have fun with your pregnancy, walk with your pregnant glow and park in as many mommy-to-be spaces as you can. you are beautiful and so what if you have a little more on your bones-you got more to offer your husband and i am sure he loves it. keep your head up and be proud.

besides if you weren't pregnant you may have been able to give that chick a piece of your mind but being pregnant your brain gets scrambled and you can barely say your name without crying.lol.

all of this for a snapple and 20 euro
winkiss.gif

d n d

I would have told her unless she works at the base or owns the parking lot it was none of her bleeping biz if you were pregnant or not. That's what's wrong with the world today...people don't know there place.

Anyway, like all the others said before me...don't worry about what others think or say. Just concentrate on you and having a healthy baby. I know it may have felt like the skinny pregnant woman was targeting you, but I bet she would have approached anyone seeing that she was just mad about losing that parking space. You know fat or skinny, pregnancy sometimes brings the beauty and the beast out of all of us!

duckduck

Oh that's just plain shitty. Small or large, showing or not, no pregnant woman is going to feel good having that said to her. That's just downright mean no matter how you look at it.

KittieSparkles

The nerve of that (excuse my language) skank!
fight.gif
Please do not let her get you down. Those parking spaces are there for a reason and you have every right to use them and you do not need to explain yourself to ANYONE. So you go with your beautiful self and do not let these low life ignorant people get you down!
th_cheerup.gif

SkylarV217

weeping.gif
weeping.gif
omg.gif
weeping.gif

I'm SO sorry, Some girls can be really Bitchy . If she is that kindda girl she deserves to walk .... If i were you I would have been like , WTF Bitch why do you think I have this belly , You know your baby might like some food every once in a while ....

Not really but thats what I would have thought... Honey I'm sorry, Just remember You're a better person and your child will be a better person because they have you and your Military Husband. You deserve the spot just as much as she does ....

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Also, if she's "practically running" up to you, seems like she can just run her happy ass into the store just as easily.
th_happy1.gif

This is the GREATEST thing I have ever read on specktra ... It made my week
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

makeup_wh0re

That would of made me feel bad too. Since I have had my son I feel like now I still look pregnant lol. Some people are so shitty. I hope that you feel better and don't let stuff like that bug you. <3

sofabean

Aww, I'm really sorry that happened to you! I totally know how you feel about wanting to say something back! Why is it that all the good comebacks come AFTER the situation?!!! HAHA

Well anyway, from my experiences of douche bags, just try to forget it (as hard as it is). Learning to let things go will not only make you a better person but will also show you how to ignore stupid people and keep your confidence high
smiles.gif

babiid0llox

Grrr, some people just behave disgustingly...like do they even thing before they talk?

You had every right to park there and shouldn't be subjected to rude comments or questions like that. I bet you are beautiful just the way you are and from reading your post (correct me if I'm reading it wrong) but you should not be deterred to park in a parking spot in which you have every right to park in.

nunu

Aw i am so sorry this happened to you. You shouldn't feel self concious about yourself, you are carrying a life inside you, do you know how amazing that is?

That woman is so rude and please don't take it to heart!

stacylynne

People come in all different shapes, colors & sizes. Don't let 1 comment from a person with no common curtisey ruin your day or self esteem. They're not worth it.
Be happy that you are healthy & life is growing inside you.
Have a wonderful pregancy & think positive thoughts
smiles.gif

Next time this happens & someone comes across nasty & bitchy towards you. I would say yes, I am pregnant. Did you see the sign in front of the store, NO dogs allowed LOL Keep smiling
smiles.gif

Latest posts