Any CCO employees?

crystrill

I did a search and didn't see a topic like this.

From browsing the boards I haven't seen anyone say they work at a CCO other than me. So any of you out there?

And I find it *funny* how The Cosmetics Company Store gets abbreviated to CCO for everyone, but when I am at work, everyone refers to it as CCS. Because there is no OUTLET in the name.

TISH1124

I worked at the CCO for 1 week to help the mgr out here ..me and retail hrs just not a good match for me personally...However the discount was 50% off and I think for birthdays you get like $150 worth of products which was great when you keep in mind l/s and e/s are like $5 for employees...I don't think the disc was a secret...Just like the gratis isn't for MA's

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I worked at the CCO for 1 week to help the mgr out here ..me and retail hrs just not a good match for me personally...However the discount was 50% off and I think for birthdays you get like $150 worth of products which was great when you keep in mind l/s and e/s are like $5 for employees...I don't think the disc was a secret...Just like the gratis isn't for MA's

Jealous!!

Yea me and retail don't mix.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill
I did a search and didn't see a topic like this.

From browsing the boards I haven't seen anyone say they work at a CCO other than me. So any of you out there?

And I find it *funny* how The Cosmetics Company Store gets abbreviated to CCO for everyone, but when I am at work, everyone refers to it as CCS. Because there is no OUTLET in the name.

I think it is called that because most are located in the Oulet Malls ...Is yours not?

crystrill

Quote:
I think it is called that because most are located in the Oulet Malls ...Is yours not?

Yeah, I figured that's why it gets shortened to that, because I call it that too. But I just find it weird?

Yeah, the gratis is no secret. Love it! Sometimes I think that's why I stay there. But I'm still in college... I'm not making this my career... but it's THE perfect "college job". And everyone I work with is wonderful!

TISH1124

hell yeah it would keep me there!!!! Make sure you get all the makeup you can at that price ...Even when you get another job work part time here and there to keep your discount....I have a 7 y/o son so the Retail hours just didn't work

crystrill

Quote:
hell yeah it would keep me there!!!! Make sure you get all the makeup you can at that price ...Even when you get another job work part time here and there to keep your discount....I have a 7 y/o son so the Retail hours just didn't work

OMG I KNOW!!!! I'm always like, "I don't want to leave. Discount!" AND PLEASE BELIEVE I have a big hold box for stuff I WILL buy before I leave. But new things always come in. Ugh.

And the 30% off at MAC, Origins, or any other EL owned STORE is great too!

pumpkincat210

At the CCO i went to the employees couldn't give out suggestions regarding color..I was really surprised, i know they don't have the same requirements or training as regular mac employees have but a color suggestion? The employees answers were all the same, out of the book, we are not trained color professionals, blah, blah, blah...
that would be frustrating for both the customer and employee.

TISH1124

Girl I used to have that same hold Box...in the back...I would go in and help with Inventory when it came in and all the onsies went in my box LOL

They do not give out color suggestions...Because most are not trained MA's and they are not technically qualified to do so...Even though they may know and be qualified by experience... They are not working a counter...but a outlet retail store

pumpkincat210

Quote:

They do not give out color suggestions...Because most are not trained MA's and they are not technically qualified to do so...Even though they may know and be qualified by experience... They are not working a counter...but a outlet retail store

I totally understand, that they could definitely make the wrong suggestions, they weren't trained to know anything? Like what something is for? I know the inventory comes in quickly and goes fast but sheesh, to only be able to ring people up at the register would drive me nuts.

TISH1124

They do offer some suggestions to their regulars and they make a lot of friends there...When I go in we play and go thru all the goodies...and picking out all the goodies for themselves makes the time go by
smiles.gif

crystrill

If you ask about a product, like skincare, I'll tell you what it does... if I KNOW. And I can only tell you what's on the back TECHNICALLY. But sometimes I just don't know. There's like 10 versions of one cream. Sometimes we get shipment on a day I'm not there and I'll come in and 10 minutes later someone is asking about a product I have never seen a day in my life.

I rather tell you I don't know than to make something up, which I HAVE done before because people just want "an answer" sometimes and saying you really don't know apparently isn't one. A lot of the times when they ask I go up to them, pick the box up, and read the back of the box to them and they'll be like, "Oh, thanks!" And it's like you couldn't do that yourself? YOU'RE the one wearing it, NOT ME.

I'm not a completely mean person though, I will help you find a shade. Like I can't tell how many times a light skinned person picks up MY color foundation asking if "it will work if I use it lightly". NO. IT WONT. GO TO MAC AND BUY THE RIGHT SHADE! Is saving 5 bucks worth looking a FOOL? When I see things like that I feel OBLIGATED to step in LOLOL.

Or if they want a color match I pick the two I think will look best on them and tell them to try it on to see what they like, and sometimes I give my input... but I won't just come out and say "buy this one". And some days I don't care and WILL pick your lipstick out LOL. This little old lady came in and she was sooo cute and waited so patiently for me so I helped her pick out a lipstick and gloss.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill
If you ask about a product, like skincare, I'll tell you what it does... if I KNOW. And I can only tell you what's on the back TECHNICALLY. But sometimes I just don't know. There's like 10 versions of one cream and sometimes we get shipment on a day I'm not there and I'll come in and 10 minutes later someone is asking about a product I have never seen a day in my life.

I rather tell you I don't know than to make something up, which I HAVE done before because people just want "an answer" sometimes and saying you really don't know apparently isn't one. A lot of the times when they ask I go up to them, pick the box up, and read the back of the box to them and they'll be like, "Oh, thanks!" And it's like you couldn't do that yourself? YOU'RE the one wearing it, NOT ME.

I'm not a completely mean person though, I will help you find a shade. Like I can't tell how many times a light skinned person picks up MY color foundation asking if "it will work if I use it lightly". NO. IT WONT. GO TO MAC AND BUY THE RIGHT SHADE! Is saving 5 bucks worth looking a FOOL? When I see things like that I feel OBLIGATED to step in LOLOL.

Or if they want a color match I pick the two I think will look best on them and tell them to try it on to see what they like, and sometimes I give my input... but I won't just come out and say "buy this one". And some days I don't care and WILL pick your lipstick out LOL. This little old lady came in and she was sooo cute and waited so patiently for me so I helped her pick out a lipstick and gloss.

that's cool that you help to the best of your knowledge and are polite about it if you don't know. I wouldn't expect a cco employee to know every brand, product etc.. that would be too much info to learn . my cco was very strict though..no rec's nothing.

crystrill

Honestly, I don't see the harm in pointing someone in the right direction. I've seen the manager tell people what to buy. But it's usually for skincare products. Like if you have wrinkles, I'll tell you our wrinkle products. However, don't ask which one works best... I'm 22, why the hell would I know that? I don't wear the product. I don't work at a counter where they train me which is best for each type of skin, etc.

And sometimes I hate wearing makeup, especially eyeshadow... because then people think you're an MUA or something and want you to pick out their whole face. I can pick things out FOR ME. As for other people? It's hit or miss. I don't want you to blame me for picking out a horrible shade of lipstick.

And to be honest, the way I see it... if you want a personal consultation then pay the "personal consultation price" (full price) at a MAC, Clinique, BB, wherever counter/store.

TISH1124

I am sure you are experienced in MAC that you can tell them what colors you like yada yay....One of the younger girls that work at my CCo ...tells me all the colors she likes and asks me my opinions etc....I mean as far as shadows, blush...it's really what the person likes..it's hard to tell them what they will or will not like ...they get to try it on so at least they have some idea...

Ok...My pet peeve though.....There is no alcohol to dip the l/s and you guys keep the tips on the lipglosses...Now that bugs me about my CCO so I don't try on lip products by any means

Latest posts