Any CCO employees?

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I am sure you are experienced in MAC that you can tell them what colors you like yada yay....One of the younger girls that work at my CCo ...tells me all the colors she likes and asks me my opinions etc....I mean as far as shadows, blush...it's really what the person likes..it's hard to tell them what they will or will not like ...they get to try it on so at least they have some idea...

Ok...My pet peeve though.....There is no alcohol to dip the l/s and you guys keep the tips on the lipglosses...Now that bugs me about my CCO so I don't try on lip products by any means

Yeah, I'll tell them what colors I like... but it's always different from what they like. Or someone asks for something peachy, you show them peachy, and then they're like, "no", and points to something so obviously pink-pink. But I'm sure that happens at a regular makeup counter as well.

We're not required to take the tips off. The first time I went there and saw that I found it a bit weird too. I don't know where we would place the dipping alcohol though. Whenever I help someone with lipsticks I always ask if they want me to clean it with the alcohol. Or if someone asks me, I will. But other folks just take it and put it on and I'm like... gross. But even without tips I'm sure there are still people who will put it on their lips directly. I'm NEVER amazed anymore by the weird and unsanitary things customers do.

But really, I usually don't mind helping you if you're nice. 98% of the time I am willing to help because hell, why not? The only time I DON'T help is when I work with the assistant manager. And that's because whenever I help someone she's like, "Next time, tell them you can't help them." Which is really annoying because the manager lets me, and does it herself sometimes. But the assistant manager doesn't know what she's doing half the time, doesn't do anything, and always needs help or an explanation on how to do things twice or more. I COULD be like, "Well the manager allows me to", but I rather save the drama.

Also, our makeup brushes are behind the counter at my store. So you have to ask to see them. Sometimes I will give someone the brush to try a blush out, regardless that we have cotton balls, especially when the person wants to buy a brush as well, and she'll be like, "Don't give them the brush, that's what the cotton balls are for. They can have germs, blah blah blah." But seriously, when someone asks to see the brushes they touch them just the same, still rub it on their face, etc... minus with makeup... so what's the difference? But as I said, she knows NOTHING.

TISH1124

The CCO here as a set of sample brushes out for the customers to use and try....Fullsize just marked sample.....they only have cotton balls and wedges for other items.....

crystrill

Quote:
The CCO here as a set of sample brushes out for the customers to use and try....Fullsize just marked sample.....they only have cotton balls and wedges for other items.....

I've seen that at the CCO in Ft. Lauderdale. They had it out in the middle of the store for you to play with. Ours is behind the counter. When you ask we give you the cup to look at them. I honestly like it that way though because if we had it out in the middle I think people would steal them!

I don't see the problem in giving someone the brush to try something on with. Because when you give them the brushes to look at they still rub it all over their face and stuff. What's the difference if they do it with makeup or not? She makes no sense to me.

Today a customer asked me about the expiration of perfume. I told her when it was made and she just went on and on and ON about how she's not going to use it right away so she doesn't want it to spoil and blah, blah. I just wanted to smack and be like, "LOOK LADY WE DON'T SELL EXPIRED CRAP!" That and, it's perfume. I mean REALLY, when do you ever see perfume going bad? I'm sure it can happen, and does... but STILL.

TISH1124

Only because I come from the mfg business, I can say ...the cusomer is correct....Cologne just like everything else does have a shelf life...after so many years and depending on how stored...the scent starts to fade...I would not want a 2-3 year old cologne either if I had a choice

The shelf life of most perfume, from production date, and if stored properly, is a maximum of 3 to 5 years. Perfumes with higher content of essential oils have a longer shelf life. Essential oils contain no fatty acids, and are not susceptible to rancidity like vegetable oils.
Perfumes made with quality ingredients will last longer. Perfumes/Colognes are best kept in a cooler area not exceeding 70-75 degress nor under 50 degrees

TISH1124

To be honest I go to the CCO for good deals....Not to try on anything...because I know nothing is sanitized....cleaned etc.....My CCO does not even clean the brushes...so all in all...I have the look but don't try on policy at all times anyway

crystrill

Quote:
Only because I come from the mfg business, I can say ...the cusomer is correct....Cologne just like everything else does have a shelf life...after so many years and depending on how stored...the scent starts to fade...I would not want a 2-3 year old cologne either if I had a choice

The shelf life of most perfume, from production date, and if stored properly, is a maximum of 3 to 5 years. Perfumes with higher content of essential oils have a longer shelf life. Essential oils contain no fatty acids, and are not susceptible to rancidity like vegetable oils.
Perfumes made with quality ingredients will last longer. Perfumes/Colognes are best kept in a cooler area not exceeding 70-75 degress nor under 50 degrees

My problem wasn't her asking for the expiration, it was her going on and on and on about it after I told her when it was made (which was actually less than a year ago). As if I was lying to her about when it was made. Anything made over 3 years gets thrown out. And we pull things 6 months earlier than that.

I think a lot of people think we're just some "random" store that "somehow" gets a hold of Estee Lauder's stuff. Because I get a lot of those, "So... how come you guys have this? Is it really old? Did it come from EL/MAC/ETC? I just saw this at the counter for way more money." Some things really ARE just over stocks! And nothing is expired, etc.

But yeah, a CCO really is just a place to go to get a good deal. It's like... "Damn, I missed out on *so and so* collection. Let me check the CCO if they have it!" And if they have it, GREAT! You still get a piece of the collection at the fraction of the cost.

The first time I went to a CCO I was in there for a REALLY long time. Actually, the first time I went to one... is the same day I grabbed an application and applied and got the job!!! It was meant to be I guess! LMAOO. I wasn't even LOOKING for a job!

darkbeauty27

So in order to apply for a job at one, you have to go to the store to pick up an application, correct? No way to apply online?