Anyone going to Red She Said launch?

sambibabe

Melbourne Myer is having Red She Said VIP night tomorrow. I really want to go, but can't go all the way to the city after work. Is anyone going? I got my Threesome and Stark naked today and they are fabulous.. I want to buy everything from that collection and maybe it is a good thing that I can't make it to the VIP night
yes.gif

sambibabe

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting the eyebrush set. I wonder how much MAC Australia would sell those brush sets though. Did you see how Nordstrom is selling those sets for US$35 each (MAC US sells for US$49.50)??? Sucks they don't do international shipping.

cassandra-ellen

yeah, i saw that. i really want the brush set too! i and also want the basic brushes one to, so i think im going to try and work some overtime!!

sambibabe

If MAC Australia sells the holiday brush sets for $118 (like they did with those red/green/blue set), then I will pass.
Apparently Chapel St store is having Red She Said launch on Thursday - are you going?

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
If MAC Australia sells the holiday brush sets for $118 (like they did with those red/green/blue set), then I will pass.
Apparently Chapel St store is having Red She Said launch on Thursday - are you going?

yep - the prices will be about the same as the Colour Forms sets.

miss_bailey

Im going to a sydney one on thursday. Cant wait.
Im not really looking to get any of the pallettes or brush sets cause i have enough brush sets and never use the pallettes but wouldnt mind taking a look at some of the other stuff.

spectrolite

I went to the Myer Melbourne one today after work. I kind of got there a bit early because I didn't want to deal with crowds etc.. I got a migraine earlier and just wanted to get my stuff and go home. I got to play around with everything which was good. The lip and eye palettes didn't really grab me but I must say the Warm Eyes one has the most gorgeous green shade in it! I stayed away from the brush sets too because I have plenty from previous collections and really only buy full sized now.

There were drinks and little red cupcakes that were cute. Everyone was in red lips and had red flowers in their hair. I ended up getting Danger Zone, Persuasive some Dazzleglasses and some other stuff. I think those Dazzleglasses are going to sell out really fast so get em while they're hot ladies.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Im going to a sydney one on thursday. Cant wait.
Im not really looking to get any of the pallettes or brush sets cause i have enough brush sets and never use the pallettes but wouldnt mind taking a look at some of the other stuff.

So Red She Said lauch will showcase other holiday collection as well? Yeah, I am not interested in palettes either. Lucky that, because I need all the money for Little Darlings and Dame Edna collections.

Thanks redambition! Ha! Even with Aussie dollar so low, it is still cheaper to get the set from the state..

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
I went to the Myer Melbourne one today after work. I kind of got there a bit early because I didn't want to deal with crowds etc.. I got a migraine earlier and just wanted to get my stuff and go home. I got to play around with everything which was good. The lip and eye palettes didn't really grab me but I must say the Warm Eyes one has the most gorgeous green shade in it! I stayed away from the brush sets too because I have plenty from previous collections and really only buy full sized now.

There were drinks and little red cupcakes that were cute. Everyone was in red lips and had red flowers in their hair. I ended up getting Danger Zone, Persuasive some Dazzleglasses and some other stuff. I think those Dazzleglasses are going to sell out really fast so get em while they're hot ladies.

Wow.. what looks did they do? Do you think Persuasive is similar to Electroflash Sea & Sky? I thought they might be similar and got Threesome instead. Ooohhh.. I am so getting all the Dazzleglasses!!

cassandra-ellen

Quote:

Do you have to rsvp or anything to go? And if you dont what time is it?

spectrolite

Quote:
Wow.. what looks did they do? Do you think Persuasive is similar to Electroflash Sea & Sky? I thought they might be similar and got Threesome instead. Ooohhh.. I am so getting all the Dazzleglasses!!

You know the looks were not that amazing? Everyone just had on what they came to work in for the day which was either smokey eye, Ungaro look etc.. with a red flower stuck somewhere on their person.

Persuasive is not really like Sea + Sky at all. Sea + Sky is a much brighter blue and the pale side is less glittery and more of a sky blue than Persuasive. Persuasive duo is more like Deep Truth + Moons Reflection (more glittery version). I thought it was really pretty so I had to get it. I might go back for that purple one... or that Browny/Bluey one.. or both lol. I got home and there was a Myer one voucher waiting for me which saves $10 on every $75 spent on cosmetics. Woohoo!

sambibabe

Quote:
with a red flower stuck somewhere on their person

LOL.. I was told that they would do demo on two looks from Red She Said collection?
Dang! I was hoping Persuasive would be similar to Sea & Sky! I applied Threesome (pink, plum and gold trio) on top of Fresco Rose p/p and it was so pretty - I am tempted to get more trios. Not brave enough to get Dangerzone though. Whoohooo! It helps to take Myer 1 card with you.. I always forget and leave it at home.

Cassandra-ellen, you have to ring the store and book yourself in. I only rang to ask about the release date and MA was so eager to book me in.

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
Cassandra-ellen, you have to ring the store and book yourself in. I only rang to ask about the release date and MA was so eager to book me in.

Ok. Thanks for your help.
I think i might savee my money though for the holiday brushes collection. Thats what im hanging out for!
th_DANCE.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
Ok. Thanks for your help.
I think i might savee my money though for the holiday brushes collection. Thats what im hanging out for!
th_DANCE.gif

You got your priorities sorted
smiles.gif
I am undecided.. I don't like going to Chapel St store!

cassandra-ellen

Haha. Thanks, well i dont really lol. I have a massive list of stuff that im getting next week and then im going to get the brushes. Haha, i lied. Lol
greengrin.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite

I got home and there was a Myer one voucher waiting for me which saves $10 on every $75 spent on cosmetics. Woohoo!

If this is the one I recieved, doesn't it end Sunday... and they don't come out Til Monday
cry.gif

I'm so annoyed!!!

Adelaide was disappointing. Didn't have ANYTHING I wanted... and I want a lot of stuff LOL!!!

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bAbY_cHiCkEn01
If this is the one I recieved, doesn't it end Sunday... and they don't come out Til Monday
cry.gif

I'm so annoyed!!!

What the? I would be annoyed too!
What did Adelaide store have then? Did you get any Dazzleglass or Trios?

cassandra-ellen, I have my wishlist, which seems to get bigger everyday