Anyone know about Boots No7?

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
Lol, it's lame. Imagine if Wallgreens tried to come up with a makeup line and pretended it was 'upscale'.

Yeah, you are lame.
No 7 is actually a really good brand, their products are upmarket and of really good quality. It's quite expensive here. I like the lipgloss tubes, they're like juicy tubes but smoother. And there has been loads of hype over the beauty serum, apparently it really does reduce wrinkles.

caffn8me

Boots No. 7 brand has been around since 1935 and is very well regarded. It is not a budget brand. You can find out the history of the brand here. Quite a few of the products within the No. 7 brand have won awards - see here.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

hmm I was excited to see it at target..
hmm.gif

Boots is one of my favorite places to go when I am in the U.K

Showgirl

I quite like no. 7, it was the brand I bought when I first started wearing makeup, and a lot of things I've bought over the years have been really very good. Of their current (recently revamped) product line, the sparkly glosses someone mentioned are good, and I got a free sample of a volumising mascara they do, which I found really surprisingly good, I may go back and enquire after it once my current mascara tube's done.

One of the big selling points about no. 7 is that every product is designed for very sensitive skins. So if you're a contact lens wearer or have allergies, it's not a bad place to have a look.

Their colour range is not the most exciting in the world, and I don't care much for their lipsticks at all, but overall no. 7 is a decent, reliable and gentle range.

And their nailvarnishes are really pretty. They do one at the moment with an interesting (and AFAIK unique) "quirk": they change colour radically on the application of a transparent top coat; the idea being, you can be out at work wearing a perfectly innocent and professional nail colour, champage, beige whatever - then at the end of the working day, slap on a topcoat and your nails turn a bright 'n vibrant "party" colour.

http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/...tionid=1031582

neeshie

my first ever lipstick was a no 7 one called shiny conker....i wonder if its still around

caffn8me

Quote:
Ok there's no reason to call me lame, I'm just expressing my opinion!

Which No. 7 products have you actually bought and tried?

giz2000

I just picked up a few of their things the other day, and I have to say I am quite happy with them. I got the makeup wipes (which I really really like...a lot!), and some of the skin care items. I passed on the makeup for now, because I really, truly don't need anything (seriously!!), but I am eyeing their foundations, since I am always on the hunt for bigger and better.

giz2000

Quote:
Lol, it's lame. Imagine if Wallgreens tried to come up with a makeup line and pretended it was 'upscale'.

Boots is not a drugstore line. It's very well-regarded in the UK and isn't cheap at all..

Indian Barbie

I'm from the UK, I'm just living in Florida for 2 more months. I bought no 7 stay perfect mascara which my eyes had allergic reaction and a eyeshadow, but in my opinion I found the line to be a bit too expensive for what its worth.

But one thing I do like from the line is the nail paints, this glitter one is good to wear for a night out.

lara

Boots is awesome. You can always score something good without dropping serious dosh.

caffn8me

Quote:
I'm from the UK, I'm just living in Florida for 2 more months. I bought no 7 stay perfect mascara which my eyes had allergic reaction and a eyeshadow, but in my opinion I found the line to be a bit too expensive for what its worth.

The shadows certainly won't be as heavily pigmented as M·A·C but neither are Dior shadows which aren't a budget brand. You'll probably find that you have the same allergic reaction to some other brand mascaras too. I think you were just unlucky with this.

angi

I'm not a big fan of No.7 make up, but I've only tried the mascara and the eyeshadow. I think that the skin products are really good- the face wipes, eye gel and face creams are all really effective- especially the night cream. A lot of the face products are sold out over here at the moment, because of a BBC program where No.7 face products were found to be just as effective as a lot more expensive products.

However, I HATE the Boots trap (well not hate exactly!), where they give you a £5 no.7 voucher when you spend £5/10/15. I always spend about an hour in a vicious circle between the no.7 counter, and the tills (where depending on what you buy, you get another voucher)- I just can't leave a free £5 voucher unspent!

sparkler

ahahhaa, tell me about it! although i had 2 vouchers which expired on saturday just gone and i totally bloody forgot about them, £10 down the drain. boo.