Anyone know about Boots No7?

xiahe

boots no 7 doesn't exist at my target....
weeping.gif

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
boots no 7 doesn't exist at my target....
weeping.gif

perhaps it's only at super targets. I don't work there anymore so I can't give you anymore information on why some have it and some do not.

yumemiru

NO.7 now can be gotten from Canada's selected(i believe) shopper's drugmart. They are quite expensive from what I've seen. They are more expensive than Lisa Watier, but it's suppose to be UK's hidden secret. Not much variety as mentioned already.

Macnarsandlove

I tried the lipgloss, shadow and makeup wipes. They were ok. Nothing special. All the colors were blah and maybe some of you dont realize Target is not that "upscale". In the US it's a classy version of Walmart. And for me almost every cosmetics over $10 I want to get I just say screw it I'm buying MAC. Oh yeah and the 10 shades of bisque, beige, and cream didnt exactly want to make me run over and buy it - nc45/50 here.

jenee.sum

I've been using a new cleanser for a couple weeks now (NeoStrata Oil-free cleanser for oily to acne prone skin) and it's been drying out my face b/c it has 4% glycolic acid in it, and since it's winter here, my skin is already dehydrated! So I've been getting a double whammy of dryness!

So I got No7's Intensive Moisture Face Mask and I LOVE it! You can leave it for a 3 min treatment or you can leave it on overnight while u sleep. So since my skin's been very dry, I leave it on overnight, and just from using it ONCE, I woke up to such hydrated and soft skin! It's so amazing! And I also got No7's Advance Hydration Day Cream to use during the day. I gotta say, I love their skin care products!

And it's definitely NOT a cheap drugstore brand! In my opinion, it's wayyyy better than L'oreal, Olay, etc! no question about it! It's not cheap, but with my staff discount, it's like buying Olay at regular price, plus a couple more dollars. But even at regular price, you might as well spend a bit more cuz u'll be getting a better product! It's like why bother buying Revlon/L'oreal when you can pay a few bucks more for MAC?!?!

No7 saved my nasty winter skin!
choochoo.gif

Lily_Lyla

Boots No. 7 is about the same as Max Factor.
It's not cheap stuff and has a number of little gems.
It is dated in it's colours and products though, I have to admit.

AmberLilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
....No 7 is actually a really good brand, their products are upmarket and of really good quality. It's quite expensive here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Boots is not a drugstore line. It's very well-regarded in the UK and isn't cheap at all..

^^ agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
I quite like no. 7, it was the brand I bought when I first started wearing makeup, and a lot of things I've bought over the years have been really very good.
Their colour range is not the most exciting in the world, and I don't care much for their lipsticks at all, but overall no. 7 is a decent, reliable and gentle range.

It was one of the first brands I ever bought too. I think the quality is high and it's pretty good value for money. (Wondering what the prices are like in the US? Are they comparable to UK prices?)
I guess i'm a bit biased 'cause i love this brand! I own more drugstore cosmetics than higher-priced stuff, and a lot of it is No7.

As for the range of colours, i think for basics like a white-grey-black smoky eyes palette and neutral-ish trio palettes and the nude or neutral lipsticks that No7 can be quite useful.

They also do a pretty red, not sure how it compares to MAC, (I'm going to swatch it again next week) 'Dare devil'. 'Red Carpet' is also a nice darker red.

Sorry to bump the thread, but wanted to add my 2c.
I'm going to post some e/s swatches soon.

MsCocoa

I haven't used any of they're products, it just seems a bit blah and unappealing to me; unless I have a recommendation I would probably only try a mascara or lipgloss at a push.

-moonflower-

I love their moisturisers and mascara.
Can't stand their eyeshadows though, except the metallic ones.
I don't like their brushes, foundations or blushers much either, they're alright but not for the price.
Another Boots brand, 17, is much better in my opinion. It's similar to No. 7 except cheaper and it seems to be aimed more at young people. Their e/s have much better colour than No. 7's and I love the foundations and blushers.

eye_pr0mise

i really like this brand. at first i was sorta iffy about trying it out but i like it. i rarely use it bc its not added into my normal everyday routine but still would buy it.
i think they started selling it at cvs before target. but i am super happy the sell it at target now (since i dont work at cvs anymore- lol no discount) hahahah.

xiahe

So awhile back I was on the hunt for a new mascara and I decided to try one from this line...it was a lengthening one (the brush looked cool lol). Got home to try it and it was ALL DRIED UP. The mascara was a little over $8, too...so I went right back to Target to get my money back. I was so irritated by this that I'm afraid to try anything else
thmbdn.gif

aefreema

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
The shadows certainly won't be as heavily pigmented as M·A·C but neither are Dior shadows which aren't a budget brand. You'll probably find that you have the same allergic reaction to some other brand mascaras too. I think you were just unlucky with this.

Target.com currently has their products for 7.99!!

user79

I agree the colours and the products are starting to be a bit dated. I really liked their glaze lipsticks though, they were sheer with just a bit of colour, and were comparable to the Clinique glaze lipsticks, no kidding. I had a Clinique one and a Boots one and besides the colour and the price, I couldn't tell much of a difference.

Unfortunately, the brand has disappeared from Switzerland in recent months. Shame.
ssad.gif

rosenbud

On the whole I think No.7 is overpriced, a few OK products but unless I am tempted with one of those darn £5 off vouchers I never go near No.7.

Here is what I have tried:

*Eyeshadows - The pressed powder e/s have very poor pigment quality, only buy if you like very very sheer colour payoff oh and they never stay put even with a base.
The Stay Perfect Eye Mousse shadows are OK, useless as a base and useless without a base, very sheer, you could probably get a much cheaper version of these.

*Precision Brow Pencil - Tug tug tug aweful

*Lipgloss - The Liplicious are very sticky but do have a pleasant taste and stay put even through eating and drinking.

*Eyeliner - The Pencils tug so much and getting any colour is like getting blood from a stone, the liquid are meh

*Lipsticks - I actually got quite excited about the Sheer temptation formulas....don't waste your money an inexpensive tinted lipbalm will have the same effect, also the packaging sucks, the lids have a tendancy to crack.
Moisture Drench - OK these are really good, long lasting, smooth finnish and don't dry your lips out.

*Mascara - Not too bad, quite good for an every day mascara.

*Sunscreen - I have tried numerous and have always gooten sunburnt when wearing No.7.

* Blush - No colour payoff and you will spend forever trying to get any powder nto you brush.

* M/U Brushes - Cheap Cheap Cheap, scratchy, awful.....don't even look at them.

* Instant Radiance Concealer - its No.7 version of YSL Touche Eclait and yes it worked better for my, I even did a side by side comparrison and the No.7 won hands down. Shame it chemically burnt the skin under my eyes...and I don't even have sensitive skin!

* Cleanse & Care Eye Make up Remover - OK, had better

*Gentle Foaming Face Wash - My MIL love this, she has dry sensitive skin, I however felt it left my skin feeling taut afterwards.

*Pre Holiday Kit - Not sure they still do this, however it was the best thing I've used, contained body exfoliator and hint of a tan body lotion....loved it so much I purchased the full sized. Smelt wonderful.

*Stay Perfect Nail Colour - Does chip quickly but has a good colour selection, ok if you have a money off voucher otherwise not worth it.