Anyone know about Boots No7?

-moonflower-

^That bloody nail varnish takes days to dry! I have a red one and the colour is lovely but I just can't wear it. It takes longer to dry than it stays on for after. Grr.

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
Ok there's no reason to call me lame, I'm just expressing my opinion!

Exactly and I agree with you aswell. I don't really like No.7 simply because i've never been as satisfied with their products as I have been with other drugstore brands (and I do consider No.7 drugstore). As someone else said, their ranges are dated.

Carlyx

No7 is really expensive, the packaging is boring. You might aswell just goto MAC.

There lipgloss in the squeezy tube are REALLY REALLY STICKY.

-moonflower-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyx
There lipgloss in the squeezy tube are REALLY REALLY STICKY.

I had one and I loved it. It was sticky but it looked(and tasted) really good. But I used it the other day and realised it was gone off. It tasted and smelled like plastic, and had gone gloopy. I was really annoyed, cos I've only had it for a few months!

ritchieramone

I've had a couple of them as well and they smell fantastic! However, mine also went all weird after a couple of months - they sort of separated and turned into watery stuff with a big solid blob of colour floating in it. Both of the ones which did this were 'Lollipop', a nice bright red/pink shade with some little sparkly bits in it. I also bought a darker colour (don't remember the name, sorry) and it has stayed perfect for a long time. Perhaps some colours/finishes are more prone to this than others?

saspearia

I've never used these products, no reason why. But last year the country went crazy when Number 7's beauty serum was named the best anti-aging serum beating all other brands including all premium labels.
People just started buying it up - it was as if we were about to have a natural disarster and you buy up tinned goods!
I didn't ever give in to the craze and try it but there must be something behind those reviews.

ShesAFoxyLady

Personally, I'm not a fan of the boots No7 range, never seems to be particularly outstanding at anything & there always seems to be better alternatives.

ritchieramone

I got a GWP from No. 7 (though I can't remember what the purchase was!) and it had a variety of travel size products. The Protect & Perfect Serum was among them. I loved it as it has an amazing texture and feels nice on your skin. I later bought a fullsize bottle and used it over a number of months. It worked well as a night-time moisturiser and as a base for my foundation, making it go on smoother than over the L'Oreal moisturiser I had been using. I was surprised when there was the great excitement over it a few months later as I hadn't noticed any miracle results, but it is a really nice product.

unbelizable

When I was younger (around 13) Boots No 7 foundation was the first I got (I thought I was so cool) and it was HORRIBLE - that was nearly 8 years ago now so things may have improved - along with my make up skills, but I remember it having an awful smell and being extremely runny so I had to mix it up with my moisturiser to make it easier to glide onto my face!

A few people have mentioned how Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect Serum was completely sold out thanks to a program (How to Look Good Naked - AMAZING PROGRAM, I love Gok Wan), apparantly now thanks to the program again, they're predicting another sell out this time not Boots No 7 Brand.. but this time a skin cream from 'Aldi' one of the cheapest shops on earth, like so cheap a lot of people won't admit they've been in there. Just take a look at this! These tests are really good on the program, they get around a 100 women to test products and don't tell them what brand it is so you really don't know what you'r testing until the results come out! Sorry I get kinda excited about skin creams just for the simple fact I want to prevent wrinkles and aging for as LONG as possible (prevention is better than cure!)

Aldi skin cream 'as good as designer' - Telegraph

(Am I allowed to post links on here?)

I don't think I'd ever use Boots No 7 to be honest, saying that though I remember their Bronzing Pearls being really good (that was before I got addicted to my YSL bronzer)! I prefer my other brands though and doubt I'd spend my money here, I just use my Mum's vouchers that she gets in Boots and get some 'free' make up from whatever lines on the voucher - usually No 7, but sometimes Urban Decay (LOVE IT).

trollydolly

ive bought a few things from no7 in the past and theyve worked good enough for the price.

one thing that bugs me is that no7 is a uk brand yet we're still paying more for it than america, whats that about?

im not really into drugstore brands because i find a lot of them simply arent worth the money. drugstore brands in the uk are still quite expensive i think, for example an eye shadow can cost you £6/7 from superdrug or boots and id personally rather spend a little bit extra for a higer end brand with better pigmentation and quality, perhaps im being a makeup snob though.

i bought a lipliner today from no7 and its fantastic! its a creamy liner which goes with a lot of my lipsticks, i got it in the nude shade and its called perfect lips pencil. it pairs well with my nude/pink lipglosses and lipsticks

i also bought the beautiful brows pencil in black brown today and it is the best eyebrow pencil ive used to date! its a perfect match to my hair color (brunette) and makes my eyebrows look perfect when ive filled them in with it. it also comes with an eyebrow comb on the other end of the pencil. its so much better than the rubbish rimmel eyebrow pencil i have been using.

LMD84

i'm from the uk and hate no7 stuff! it's all very basic and blah colours and to be honest i actually prefer the boots 17 range because the colours are a bit more exciting and it's cheaper!!

red

I'm having a woman CP one N17 eyeshadow, the moss, really pretty from the photos I've seen.

The N7 hand cream is very decent as well.

-moonflower-

^ I have that Moss Green e/s and it's lovely. I've gone through a few pots of it, it's my 'in a hurry' eyeshadow,

stellastar

one of the first more expensive brands of makeup i also started out with, was pleased with results then. but now after using mac, lancome clinique and other department store brands i couldnt go back to NO7 it just doesnt compare. the range is fairly limited as colours go.

GirlyGirl18

I saw that this brand in Canada at my Shoppers Drug Mart and I was curious but didn't buy anything because I had never heard of it before. Does anyone recommend anything in particular from their brand?

ModelBoy

I've only used one product, but I've heard many good things about the skincare line, and mixed, but generally positive things about the makeup. What I've been using lately is their Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation.

I've NEVER gotten more compliments on my skin. My mother (one of the most critical of my makeup) commented yesterday how near-perfect my skin looked, and that if she didn't know I was wearing it, that she probably wouldn't have been able to tell it was on. I start with a silicone primer (Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel), dot this all over my face, and blend with the Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush. It has a thick, silicone-based texture, and comes in a lovely, Chanel-esque pot. It sets to a natural matte finish, but I still top it with a bit of powder to prevent the oilies by mid-day (mind you though, my skin is excessively oily). Doesn't set into lines, doesn't crease around my eyes, never oxidizes, completely covers pores and blemishes (no need for a concealer). It's VERY easy to touch up (you know how some foundations, especially liquid just rub off when you try to touch up where it may have rubbed off? Not so with this. Simply stipple with your finger around the area to readjust mild coverage, or stipple a bit more on top for a flawless reapplication). Provides a completely airbrushed finish, even up close. My only gripe with it is how easily it transfers after the oils in my skin have emerged. Fortunately, although it looks like a lot may have come off, your face will look exactly the same as long as you're not rubbing it. As well, a bit more powder can fix this temporarily. I've also found that this stuff DOES not stain clothes if you apply a stain remover before washing. Just my experience! MY HG foundation, for now.

makeupcupcake

I know it's an old thread but here's some info on Boots No. 7 products that I've used.

The No. 7 Protect & Perfect Day Cream is hands down the best moisturizer I have ever used. I also use the No.7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum underneath the day cream or at night before bed. It's so much better than the Olay serum. I've used both expensive department store lines and drugstore lines but for me nothing compares to these 2 products. Love them.

I also use No.7 Sunless Tanning Quick Dry Lotion in light/medium. It's the best, most natural looking fakebake I've ever used and I've used a million of them. Mostly department store ones like the Clarins radiant glow tanner/moisutrizer combo. It killed me to spend 50 bucks on a tanner. Although it looked good o,n it still had that odor that most of them have.Even after showering. The Boots tanner doesn't have that lasting odor and it's so natural looking.

As for Boots makeup, I've tried the Boots liquid foundation (in whitebox, just Boots not Boots No.7) and and returned it. The coverage wasn't good and the color wasn't what I thought it was after getting home and putting it on. I returned it for L'oreal True Match and love that one. I was looking for a drugstore dupe of my favorite liquid makeup, Estee Lauder Natural Linen. I found it in True Match. I've tried No. 7 e/s and it was good. I also have their pencil concealer and liquid brushpen concealer and both are really good. Blends easy and good coverage.

I also use their makeup wipes and they're the best ones that I've used. Neutrogena's wipes are really good too but Boots' are better.

So that's my 2 cents on Boots. Even thought it's an old thread maybe it will help someone undecided about their line.

montREALady

Old post I know but I just bought No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in the color Hazelnut for $11 + tx at Duane Reade (NYC) because Boots is running a 25% promo until the end of May.I matched it in the store and it seems to work. I doubt you can match in Target, but Duane Reade has that makeup "The Look" section with higher end products with testers and whatnot. We'll see how the coverage is. I don't need much and I'm looking for a lighter foundation for those days I don't want to look "made-up". Description from their website:
"Bright, beautiful and uplifted. An illuminating foundation with a polymer to visibly lift and give skin a firmer feeling. Our Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides boosts and maintains elasticity. It also contains a brightening complex to give skin a long-term boost for even skin tone. Power antioxidants, Vitamins C and E, and SPF help protect against the aging affects of free radicals. Minimizes the appearance of age spots, pores and pigmentation."

I was looking at their mascara's and wondering about them.