Anyone lining up tomorrow to get the iPhone?

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
all the finger prints would drive me Insane! I dont like my Ipod having prints all over it, and I use my phone way more often!

as for the concealing the bags inside another bag. Its a good idea, a ton of people got mugged when the xbox 360 and the PS3 came out , mugged walking out of best buy or Frys electronics. No good.

I also and curious as to How many GB the phone is, IE-my Ipod is a 80 GB, is the Phone also an 80Gb ?

Oh god no. Not even close.

They're only 4GB or 6GB.

franimal

did you guys here about iWAIT? Its a business started by college students to wait in line for your iphone for you, lol. I thought that was so funny. Theres this really rich guy who comes into my work and I just knew he got one so I asked and he said he paid a kid $300 throuh iWAIT just to wait in line for him. That's insane.

as_cute_as_pie

i havn't really heard anything about the iphone. but it looks BIG i prefer smaller ordinary phones that do the norm, i already have a ipod
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
Oh god no. Not even close.

They're only 4GB or 6GB.

oh forget it then. I have way more music than that.
I thought you could watch movies on it?.. good to know its large enough to hold one movie at a time.

baby_love

my dad works for Apple and he found out on Thursday that he gets a FREE 8GB IPHONE! I'm so jealous. I want one for my graduation present but he said that I should wait for the next generation, he said that the first ones that come out will have a lot of problems.. I got an Ipod like 5 years ago, when they first started coming out and it had SO many things wrong with it, I had 4 of them during the duration of my 1 year warranty. so I guess he's riiiight.

and it's completely untrue that it doesn't have texting...it has everything a regular phone has and more. it's amazing. I just don't want to get it dirty haha.

baby_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
did you guys here about iWAIT? Its a business started by college students to wait in line for your iphone for you, lol. I thought that was so funny. Theres this really rich guy who comes into my work and I just knew he got one so I asked and he said he paid a kid $300 throuh iWAIT just to wait in line for him. That's insane.

that's so rediculous! at my apple stores, they were just selling them like normal!

lipshock

So, I definitely was not planning on getting one of the first generation iPhones but I when I woke up this morning there was a black bag sitting next to the side of my bed. I get up and look inside and it's the iPhone box. Apparently, my mother went out yesterday and got it for me as a gift for doing really well this semester. I am really taken aback about even owning one right because it is so much money and I definitely did not want my mother paying that much, at least for right now if there happen to be any problems with the device, but this truly shows the awesomeness of my mom. I wrote her a really long thank you this afternoon.

I cannot stop staring at it. It's such a gorgeous "mini computer." I didn't have any problems with activation, but maybe it was a little easier since I'm already an AT&T/Cingular customer. I am so glad to finally be rid of that damn Motorola RAZR, whattapieceofshit.

Maybe I'll post pictures but I'm sure people are getting fed up of hearing/seeing about the iPhone.
greengrin.gif

kaliraksha

What a sweet Mommy!!

The 4gb version is $499 and the 8gb version is $599. Also, from what I can tell that is not after contract (like renewing a contract) like most people assumed it would be. They are on sale just straight from Apple's site right now.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
So, I definitely was not planning on getting one of the first generation iPhones but I when I woke up this morning there was a black bag sitting next to the side of my bed. I get up and look inside and it's the iPhone box. Apparently, my mother went out yesterday and got it for me as a gift for doing really well this semester. I am really taken aback about even owning one right because it is so much money and I definitely did not want my mother paying that much, at least for right now if there happen to be any problems with the device, but this truly shows the awesomeness of my mom. I wrote her a really long thank you this afternoon.

I cannot stop staring at it. It's such a gorgeous "mini computer." I didn't have any problems with activation, but maybe it was a little easier since I'm already an AT&T/Cingular customer. I am so glad to finally be rid of that damn Motorola RAZR, whattapieceofshit.

Maybe I'll post pictures but I'm sure people are getting fed up of hearing/seeing about the iPhone.
greengrin.gif

Does your mommy need a new daughter? hehehe

The most I could expect after doing good a semester was MAYBE going out to dinner...(spent all but 1 semester at a 3.7 or higher in college and had a 95+ average every year k-12).

For real though, what a great mom!..not just for buying it, but for thinking of you like that. I'm glad you wrote her a thank you letter .
thmbup.gif

(I will never be sick of seeing pics, I'm just a very impulsive person & the more I see it, the more I want it NOW & don't want to wait a year or so for another generation & I can't really afford it right now, but since I have an apple credit card....)

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock

greengrin.gif

Don't you just love it? The phone speaks for itself and I don't have the patience to wait for another year to get the next gen one. By then I think I will decide to wait for the 3rd gen one.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Does your mommy need a new daughter? hehehe

The most I could expect after doing good a semester was MAYBE going out to dinner...(spent all but 1 semester at a 3.7 or higher in college and had a 95+ average every year k-12).

For real though, what a great mom!..not just for buying it, but for thinking of you like that. I'm glad you wrote her a thank you letter .
thmbup.gif

(I will never be sick of seeing pics, I'm just a very impulsive person & the more I see it, the more I want it NOW & don't want to wait a year or so for another generation & I can't really afford it right now, but since I have an apple credit card....)

My mother is definitely not the type of parent to do something like this regularly, trust me. It was just a really hard and tough semester for me and she pretty much saw how I was crumpling under the pressure. Not to mention, I was having a serious problem with my place of employment and my co-workers, so much so that I had to take leave of absence for a month.
ssad.gif
Seriously, it was so hard for me having to deal with classes, work, boyfriend troubles, and etc. Actually having it in my posession after obsessing over it since I first heard the "rumors" of Apple making a phone makes me feel bad though for the times when I act like a brat and am pouty to her about something really small and insignificant.

But yes, MisStarlight, if you move to Maryland and promise to help around the house, she'll let you be her daughter (lol). Lavishing you with good home-cooked food, that Caribbean hospitality, and (semi) expensive gifts when deserved.
smiles.gif

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyaddict
Don't you just love it? The phone speaks for itself and I don't have the patience to wait for another year to get the next gen one. By then I think I will decide to wait for the 3rd gen one.

I mean I am definitely patient when it comes to waiting for the best version of a product but it is nice to have something when it first comes out. But seriously, it's such an awesome phone.

Essjica

I heard they were going to be able to easily fix the problems with updates like the iPods get except through your service. Is that true?

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essjica
I heard they were going to be able to easily fix the problems with updates like the iPods get except through your service. Is that true?

More than likely, that's what most phone companies do.