Anyone lining up tomorrow to get the iPhone?

TRUEFASHIONISTA

I wanted to but my husband strongly advised on waiting until the second generation phone is released. I still have the itch tho'....

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyaddict
I will... hee hee... doors open at 6pm at my local Apple store.

You are a stonger woman than I!
lol.gif
I just don't have the drive to wait and wait and deal with all the grumpy jerks in line. I will wait til the buzz dies down a bit.

Make sure to let us know if you get it and what you think of it.

Good luck!
smiles.gif

Tash

There is no way in hell I'm paying that much for a phone. Mine does everything that one does and looks better doing it
smiles.gif

juicyaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
You are a stonger woman than I!
lol.gif
I just don't have the drive to wait and wait and deal with all the grumpy jerks in line. I will wait til the buzz dies down a bit.

Make sure to let us know if you get it and what you think of it.

Good luck!
smiles.gif

My husband gets off early and will go there early, so he'll deal with the grumpy jerks... hee hee. I will meet him there before 6. I just can't wait to surf the net with it and stare at the pretty pictures. I don't have unlimited data service, so have to get that for $20 more per month. We'll see tomorrow if I'll come home with one.

amoona

I was considering getting it but I'll probably wait a few months. The first batch is gonna have tons of faults, just like the first ipods when they had to recall them. I rather wait and get one that I don't have to send back. Plus I want to see them first before I spend all that money on them.

juicyaddict

guess it is going to be crazy tomorrow, at the apple store and the AT&T stores. i want mine tomorrow so bad i may order it online
type.gif
if i can't get it from the store. well, trip to the mall won't be wasted, in any case, i'll get to play with and pre-order noveltwist at nordies.
clap.gif

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
How much are they retail?

$499 or $599

And they're not sure if they're going to do rebates or not.

*Stargazer*

Not I. I loathe the Apple company more than words can express. Good luck to those of you trying to get it, though
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

I really really really want it, but I know Apple's history of first generations so I figure that I'm going to wait until my Sidekick contract is up & probably transfer over to Cingular....I also figure that once the phone is out for a while they will start running deals & dropping the price & stuff.

My only hangup now is the fact that they don't have insurance for this phone...I have bad luck with phones & need at least a handset replacement option.

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
I really really really want it, but I know Apple's history of first generations

Totally agree. I'm waiting for the next batch when all the mess-ups are fixed.

lipshock

I am waiting for the second generation iPhone.

I love Apple and all Apple products but their first batches of tech products always have kinks that need to worked out. The same could be said of any company that sells tech toys but when you're paying well over 700$ for a phone (rather than a laptop, printer, etc.) it's best to wait.

yummy411

oooh! how tempting, but in light of really not having the money or the service to get the iphone... i think i'll see how they work out the last of the bugs....

sprint (my carrier) has/will have a version soon i'm sure..

i hope you love it!!!

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
oooh! how tempting, but in light of really not having the money or the service to get the iphone... i think i'll see how they work out the last of the bugs....

sprint (my carrier) has/will have a version soon i'm sure..

i hope you love it!!!

Sprint is usually one of the last carriers to get new phone models, so you'll probably be waiting awhile. Hell, the Pearl had been out for almost a year and they still didn't have it when I went phone shopping in January.

kaliraksha

Sadly, the price will probably stay near that stated since Apple is very big on price control. Also, AT&T has a 2-yr exclusive contract with the iPhone- so don't expect to see it on any other carriers sooner. My problems with the iPhone is that a package to take advantage of it's full purpose will be like 40/month on top of what you pay. Also, the phone is not using 3g for internet which is the best. It is very attractive and seamless to use but I will wait for upgrades, updates, a slight price drop and 2nd gen models. If you want an alternative that does all of this look into the LG Prada.

SerenityRaine

and just imagine how much it'd cost to repair something on one of those suckers probably just as much as a new one if they're anything like the ipod.

giz2000

no...on top of the fact that we don't need a phone like that at all, everyone that's a mega-techie told us to wait for the 2nd generation phones...

xJUDYx

as muuuuuuch as i want one NOW! i'm waiting. by that time my contract with TMO will be O-V!

when i see someone with it ...i will lead them to an alley way and ....tell them how lucky they are! haha

AppleDiva

:dancey:I love that Mac brand too, (hence the name Apple Diva) but I am not interested in the iPhone. I don't even have an iPod.
nonono.gif