Applying your makeup: Face first, then eyes... or vice versa?

kimmy

i always do my eyes first, then face, then eyebrows and then lips right before i leave. i think doing the eyes first makes it easier to clean up fallout or mistakes.

pookus

I go back and forth depending on what eye products I plan on using that day. For example if I am going to use pigments dry, I will do eyes first since i generally make a mess, but most pressed shadows I will do after face.

mommymac

Eyes first, starting with eyebrows then e/s, liner, mascara then face. That way I can clean up any smudges and my face only takes about 5 min so I try to do the most time consuming job first.

kuuipo1207

I think it's just basically a personal prefence. My whole life I had been doing face first, then eyes, only to have to touch up the makeup around my eyes again because of fall-out. Then I discovered the concept of putting extra powder under the eyes. I've just recently switched to eyes first, then face. I think I like doing it better this way because 1) less concealer/powder/foundation gets used, and 2) my face still looks fresh as I'm walking out the door. Before, I was always having to touch up my face makeup but my eyes looked great! Now, everything looks great when I put on the finishing touches and walk out the door.
But sometimes, I still do my face first then eyes. I guess it just depends on the color of e/s I'm wearing. No matter what though, my mascara and lipstick/gloss always goes last after powder or e/s. lol.

MACHOMULA

I do eyeshadow first, concealer, eye liner, blush, powder (i wear powder over strobe cream instead of foundation), mascara, lipstick.

This prevents raccoon eyes from eyeshadow fallout.

My MAs do it this way too, including their manager who was a MAC trainer.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Face first. it gives a seamless finish to the base, rather than having a subtle but noticable demarcation line where the two applications meet.
smiles.gif

I agree with this. I've tried doing the eyes first and then using a wipe or something to clean up, and it looks odd when I out the foundation on after because you have to be careful not to smudge your eye makeup.

SmileyfacedPen

I do my face first, but for a different reason; if I run out of time, I'd rather have an even face than nice eye make-up. Sadly, this happens more often than you'd think! I can't count the number of times I've had to run to school without anything on but foundation, powder, and a sloppy coat of mascara.
rofl.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I like to do face first. Then brows, eyes, and cheeks. Doing eye's first helps to prevent shadow fallout from getting on your face, but a tissue under the eye does the same really.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyfacedPen
I do my face first, but for a different reason; if I run out of time, I'd rather have an even face than nice eye make-up. Sadly, this happens more often than you'd think! I can't count the number of times I've had to run to school without anything on but foundation, powder, and a sloppy coat of mascara.
rofl.gif

That is SO true. And when that happens to me, I just put on a swipe of one color, or just go with an eye liner for the day. Eye makeup is the most fun, but I rather have everything else done and have to skip the eyes than the other way around.

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I like to do face first. Then brows, eyes, and cheeks. Doing eye's first helps to prevent shadow fallout from getting on your face, but a tissue under the eye does the same really.

...As does a generous dusting of powder on the nose, under the eyes and on the tops of cheeks. I do mine with a large cotton ball. Then you can whisk away the fall-out with a brush.