Archetype Cosmetics

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
The actual makeup is AMAZING, it's the customer service that sucks ass.

Irony of ironies. The really sad part is if she could get her act together, she could probably make a lot more money with her makeup than she does with that part-time antique mall thing.

Kragey

My order arrived today. A week after I attempted to file a PayPal dispute...hum, fishy. Regardless, I will re-do my review tonight and open the new package right on camera.

bhevarri

im almost-sorta wanting to place a teeny tiny order, just in case something ends up actually being sent. Maybe if I pester relentlessly every day it might help? I just love some of the colors >.<

SakurasamaLover

Yeah she sell like dozens of colors even more cool then the Style Black MES were, but for me, it took 6 months to receive my package 0_0.....

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
Yeah she sell like dozens of colors even more cool then the Style Black MES were, but for me, it took 6 months to receive my package 0_0.....

Man, that's ridiculous. Put your shit on Etsy, hire some help, whatever it takes. UGH.

Annalese24

Placed my order on 10/01/2009... send 20 emails... called the lady... still no product.... THANKS ARCHTYPE for stealing my $15...grrrr

AngelaMH

I got my order from Feb. 16th yesterday. Thought it would take three months so was really shocked to see it in my mailbox!
yahoo.gif
I really love the colors!

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaMH
I got my order from Feb. 16th yesterday. Thought it would take three months so was really shocked to see it in my mailbox!
yahoo.gif
I really love the colors!

Hmmm...that is amazing considering my order from DECEMBER 12th has yet to be seen. And I only ordered 1 full size item. How'd you manage that??? Lucky girl!
cutey.gif

AngelaMH

Hmmm I only had one full size item too & the rest were all samples. I had emailed them asking about the shipping timeframe but never got a response. Now on the site it mentions shipping is going to be done differently & the price for it went up. I've always gotten my orders but I've gone in knowing it would take super long to get them. It's a shame so many people are having such a hard time getting their orders because the colors are so awesome.

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaMH
Hmmm I only had one full size item too & the rest were all samples. I had emailed them asking about the shipping timeframe but never got a response. Now on the site it mentions shipping is going to be done differently & the price for it went up. I've always gotten my orders but I've gone in knowing it would take super long to get them. It's a shame so many people are having such a hard time getting their orders because the colors are so awesome.

I've ordered from them probably 4 or 5x total and only once did I get my order in what I would call "record time" which was actually about 2 weeks. One order took the grand total of probably about 3 and a half months so this order is creeping up on that. I just emailed to ask about it even though from experience I know I may or may not get an answer. Awhile back they used to somewhat keep shipping times updated on the site but I don't remember that being updated last time I visited which was about 2 weeks ago or so. I guess we'll see what happens!

shatteredshards

Holy hole in a donut Batman, she updated with a Valentine's Day collection.

Ugh, it burns my britches that she has the time to put up new collections but refuses to respond to emails and contact attempts or send out orders within a decent amount of time.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Holy hole in a donut Batman, she updated with a Valentine's Day collection.

Ugh, it burns my britches that she has the time to put up new collections but refuses to respond to emails and contact attempts or send out orders within a decent amount of time.

Thank the lord I'm not too excited by any of those Valentine's colors. Although maybe it's my past experience with her slow-ass turn around time that's turning me off.

Artemisia

I'm not tempted by the newest update either, not after all the hassle I've had with this company.
If she cleaned up her act I'd order from her in a heartbeat as there are still so many shades I like to have, but I'm not expecting that to happen any time soon.

Flowitu

Know what's really funny about her new update? She now only ships priority anywhere. It's cheaper to send to US, but kind of expensive to ship elsewhere, so I don't think it's worth people purchasing now since the cheap price and high shipping intl fees cancel each other out.

However, I do not think it's the postal office's fault that they're so behind their orders. They don't answer emails, nor do they care. Even if you send a complaint in PP, they don't respond to it. (I guess occasionally they do) Even if now they only ship using the safest method, if they can't keep up ther customer base, this new rule is useless. Many people have reported problems, so it's really hard for them to argue that all those mails got lost - not all. They're giving off a bad image.

It's like Earthen glow minerals now. When they came out, their customer services were great. Now people complain that EGM don't answer their emails regarding questions or the orders. Some small business need to lie back and think how they can re-vitalize their business and maybe cut down something in order to win customers back with their used-to-be great services.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowitu
However, I do not think it's the postal office's fault that they're so behind their orders. They don't answer emails, nor do they care. Even if you send a complaint in PP, they don't respond to it. (I guess occasionally they do) Even if now they only ship using the safest method, if they can't keep up ther customer base, this new rule is useless. Many people have reported problems, so it's really hard for them to argue that all those mails got lost - not all. They're giving off a bad image.

Is she blaming the PO for her troubles? Because she's going to out herself on that one - she says she's using click-n-ship with the automated email, which means people will get the email saying it's been done and then not get their order until months later, or they'll wait months to get the automated email.

I take fingers pointed at the PO with a grain of salt - my PO is pretty great, and I do not know of it ever losing one of my packages, even when I was selling pigment samples and such on eBay.

Flowitu

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
Is she blaming the PO for her troubles? Because she's going to out herself on that one - she says she's using click-n-ship with the automated email, which means people will get the email saying it's been done and then not get their order until months later, or they'll wait months to get the automated email.

I take fingers pointed at the PO with a grain of salt - my PO is pretty great, and I do not know of it ever losing one of my packages, even when I was selling pigment samples and such on eBay.

Well, she's not out there pointing fingers at PO office in obvious gestures. It just seems so sudden now that she turns to priority shipping on every order. I just do not think it would solve the CORE problem - her turn around time and not answering emails. it has less to do with missing orders. many of her orders just go out slowly. Well, we'll see if this actually works to solve the essential problem. Only time will tell
winkiss.gif

Kragey

Ever since she updated her shipping policies, people have been giving the site much better reviews. I try to be fair, so I figured I would place another order for a couple full jars of some of her great neutrals (I love Autumn Leaves on the inner lid with Brat Prince on the outer half and crease, then topped with some brown eyeliner...gorgeous combo). But...ArchetypeCosmetics.com appears to have disappeared! Maybe she forgot to pay her hosting fees...?

Latest posts