Are there any cult favorites that just don't work for you?

Sashan

Underage l/g makes me look like death. It completely washes out my face. Which is a shame as it's meant to be the perfect baby pink
ssad.gif
I can only wear it if I put some Pink Fish TLC over the top to boost the colour. It looks kind of gunky applying over lipsticks too.

purrtykitty

Nars Orgasm is too glittery and the Multiples...I can find no use for them. Also, Great Lash is a tube of crap.

CellyCell

I HATE L'Oreals Double Extended Tube crap whatever it's called.
It gave lengths, yes - but it thinned out the lashes where they look so wimpy and less visible then before.
Maybelline Great Lash. It's cheap, I think that's the only reason why people still buy this crap.

Erm. MAC's foundations. Each single one broke me out and it feels heavy when you compare it to MUFE HD or even Revlon. Only plus is the color match.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I use and love Urban Decay Primer Potion, but it doesn't do diddly squat for me unless I lightly powder my super oily lids before and after I apply the primer.
As long as I do that, PP works like a charm.

I do this too... light coat of Studio Tech, then light coat of Studio Fix before applying UDPP... it creases on me otherwise.

Petticoat is just meh on me... the metallic look isnt great for massive pores...
ssad.gif

Also Feline looks like a hot mess on me - smudges all over the place, I look like a raccoon within an hour!

BBJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I use and love Urban Decay Primer Potion, but it doesn't do diddly squat for me unless I lightly powder my super oily lids before and after I apply the primer.
As long as I do that, PP works like a charm.

Oh I'll definitely have to try this tomorrow! I want to like UDPP sooo much especially now that they have the new wand.

starberry28

Foundation primers like Smashbox wreak havoc on my face. I think my skin hates the -cones. Still on the hunt for one that won't clog my pores..

wannabelyn

benefit dandelion

not that it doesn't work per se i just don't see the appeal. takes layers to show any colour, when it does i don't see the big deal.

LisaOrestea

I hate MAC foundations.
I swear that with both the bottles and the powders they get darker the further down the bottle/pan you get!

I always get the perfect shade in the shop...then after a week its really orange!

I also dislike Carbon. Can't get it to go on nicely. There are much nicer black shadows out there!

swaly

All those lip plumpers––DuWop, Urban Decay––that everyone was absolutely obsessed with just make me feel like my mouth is about to bleed.

TSIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJay
...Urban Decay Primer Potion and I are not good friends. I've given it chance after chance and I still crease.

Word. UDPP sucks ass.

The iconic Shu eyelash curler (any eyelash curler for that matter I'm sure): this contraption actually straightened my lashes. It was like using a curling iron to straighten hair. I'm fortunate enough to have eyelashes that are already curled. Great, but now I have the fancy 24K Shu just sittin' around (of course, if I was going to finally get one, it had to be the "best" one, right?)

xNeurocancer

Black Tied eyeshadow - The more I try to put on, the more it comes off!
Dark Soul pigment - Same as above
YSL Touché Eclat - I can't get my head around this one, it just doesn't work!

Elusive21

I can't stand Woodwincked eyeshadow. When I first started getting interested in MAC makeup, this was one of the first eyeshadows that I bought because it got such great reviews on YouTube. I do admit that it looks pretty in the pan but on my eyelid it just looks horrendeous. I can't seem to make it work.

kerasaki

I don't like L'oreal Voluminous mascara -- it didn't do anything for me. MAC Paint pots and shadesticks seem to be really popular, too, but they crease on me, so I rarely ever use them.

twilightessence

Woodwinked - I was NOT impressed by this color at ALL.

Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero - Ugh. Okay, I heard nothing but great things about this. It melts off my waterline before I even finish lining the second eye. I swear. I cannot wear it.

versace

ysl efc is nothing special to me
nars orgasm blush also,its not bad,but i dont understand why is it so special

fingie

IDK if skincare counts but Philosophy's Hope in a Jar totally f'd my skin up
ssad.gif

And MAC's "Feline" no matter what I did to try to set it it would always attempt to make its way to my cheeks. So I stick with Engraved.