Are you using powder with Studio Sculpt foundation??

Kaycee37

Hello,
I have tried the new Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation and I like so far
cutey.gif
!
But I'm very oily and I'm concerned about using powder with it.
Does powder change the finish of the foundation??
MSF seems too heavy to set this foundation??
I want the "glowy" appearance without appearing too shiny.
What should I use to set it???
Thanks in advance

mdjmsj

I set it with Mineral Skin Finish Natural in Light-NW15 here- and it looks perfect on me...I don't lose that dewy look at all. Maybe you could try a silica powder, such as MUFE's or Fyrinnae's Fluff though? I've heard good things about those and that they 'set' and create a flawless finish without altering the color or foundation effect. I haven't tried it myself, that is just what I've heard.

chickatthegym

I've been setting it with MSF Natural too... I have also tried blot powder which works pretty good too but I like the finish the MSF gives better.

rocketqueen

You can use the #187 brush to get a sheer MSF application! I love that with the Studio Sculpt. That, or the Select Sheer Loose powder.

MAC_Whore

If I use powder with it, I use either MSF Natural or Smashbox's Halo Powder (that stuff is amazing). Nice subtle glow.

blondie711

I have been setting my SSF (NW25), with a tiny amount of loose Mineralize Foundation in Medium. I use my 182 brush. I have been very happy with results, and have received quite a few random compliments. I also mix the SSF w a bit of Strobe Cream. I tried setting with Mystery Powder and it lost the dewy look.

obentick

I myself before applying the studio sculpt I use the tint moisurizer and then the sculpt, and after i use the minerlized press powder in midium and I love the look. And when i want more coverage I use some bronzer and there it goes a flwless skin.

Purity

I start with MAC prep + prime face. I sweep a tiny bit of loose blot powder over my studio sculpt, and then I buff some MSFN over it with my #182. I finish off by spraying Make up store face mist (dupe for fix+) and buffing this into my face aswell. Keeps my face oil-free the entire day, without having my face look powdery and it still looks glowy because of all the buffing
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity
I start with MAC prep + prime face. I sweep a tiny bit of loose blot powder over my studio sculpt, and then I buff some MSFN over it with my #182. I finish off by spraying Make up store face mist (dupe for fix+) and buffing this into my face aswell. Keeps my face oil-free the entire day, without having my face look powdery and it still looks glowy because of all the buffing
smiles.gif

Ohhh what's this Makeup Store Face Mist? Where can I find it?
smiles.gif

Purity

Make up store is a Swedish high end makeup brand, but I think you can buy it at some places in the US. Face mist is basically the same thing as fix+ from MAC. This is their website: Makeup Store it doesn't work properly in firefox, so you have to open it in IE to be able to see the menu :S

Kaycee37

Thank you so much ladies!! I purchased the fix+ and this keeps the glow!!!
The MSF's ,I use very lightly but it's really too heavy for an oily skin type like mine. I tried using loose blot powder in my real oily areas and then I spray the fix+ now Im going to try "buffing" it in to see if how that works.
But again thank you ladies for all the suggestions!

Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Thanks so much! I will have to check it out
smiles.gif
Or maybe just try Fix+? Which one do you like better?

I haven't tried Fix+ yet, I'm going to use up my face mist before buying a bottle
smiles.gif
Pretty sure they're almost the same thing though, since they seem to work in similar ways.

MissHyper

When using Stuid Sculpt I just take some beauty powder, right now the pink one from Hello Kitty, and just lightly brush it over my face. The face is shining but dosnt look oily!
th_DANCE.gif

Chrystia

Another powder I would like to suggest, is the new transparent powder being released by MAC in the Color Ready collection. This powder is comfortable wear and doesn't change the appearance of makeup underneath. I have been using my sample from update and have been loving it.

chickatthegym

^ That new powder looks really interesting. When does that come out? It goes underneath your studio sculpt right? Do you still use Prep + Prime primer too?

Ruby_Woo

Try it with the new Prep n Prime powder coming out. Its absolutly amazing!! I love the new powder. Its super light and doesnt change the finish.