Armani Discussion

ashievic

It is now sold out, so I am sure ebay will be going bat sh** crazy with the price, ugh...for those who missed out :=(

EllaS

It is now sold out, so I am sure ebay will be going bat sh** crazy with the price, ugh...for those who missed out :=(
Oh wow yours already shipped, that was fast! Really feeling lucky I managed to grab one now - I know I wouldn't have wanted to pay Ebay prices to get one later. It wasn't on my radar at all but now I'm really excited to get it!

starletta8

OK, apparently I wasn't the only one who knew exactly nothing about this lipstick!

I nabbed one without looking for swatches, so here goes nothing...

ashievic

Here is the story of this release. In February, Armani will have a short release of the makeup he makes on site for his premier fashion show in Milan. If this is successful, it will be done next Fall too.
This lipstick will probably be re-released in Feb.

dvdiest

So did I!! Well, hopefully they realize that their little one day sale didn't work out very well and have it available for purchase again later!

ashievic

Mine is on the truck and will be here tomorrow. I will post a swatch once I receive. Maybe it will be super ugly!!!!

dvdiest

Here's this year's holiday palette, or at least the shadows: http://www.perilouslypale.com/2014/10/giorgio-armani-orient-excess-holiday-2014-collection-orient-excess-palette-review-photos-swatches.html And here are the three Rouge Ecstasy" lipsticks introduced with the second fall collection: http://ommorphiabeautybar.com/2014/10/20/giorgio-armani-beauty-rouge-ecstasy-404-spice-405-sultan-406-orient-all-limited-edition/ These same shades are also available in The liquid lipstick Maestro formula (see earlier swatches from the same blog). I cannot tell a lie, I want all three. I'm just trying to decide which ones I want in which formula.
Hi Katred. I bought all three in the ecstasy formula. 406 is my absolute favorite. It's a nice darker red that doesn't turn too burgundy on me. I may need it in the liquid Meastro formula too. 405 was a little too orange for my taste, I probably won't reach for it too much. 404 is a true red, I need to compare it to 400, which may be darker.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up 406 today! Agree with you that it's the best. I'm trying to decide whether to go back for the others. I have 400, so I'll want to check 404 against that. 404 looked very juicy, and I think you're right about it being lighter than 400. I'm becoming a real Rouge Ecstasy addict...

ashievic

Hi Katred. I bought all three in the ecstasy formula. 406 is my absolute favorite. It's a nice darker red that doesn't turn too burgundy on me. I may need it in the liquid Meastro formula too. 405 was a little too orange for my taste, I probably won't reach for it too much. 404 is a true red, I need to compare it to 400, which may be darker.
I love this formula too!!! Not too impressed with the Holiday collection except the lipsticks/glosses. Reminds me of Chanel Le Blanc base and the eyeshadow/powder. God made me white enough. If I use those I will look like I belong in the morgue....

katred

Specktra Bestie
I love this formula too!!! Not too impressed with the Holiday collection except the lipsticks/glosses. Reminds me of Chanel Le Blanc base and the eyeshadow/powder. God made me white enough. If I use those I will look like I belong in the morgue....
My only question about the holiday lipsticks is how different they'll be from the ones with the Red and Black collection. There's a burgundy and a true red, which kind of sounds like Oriental (406) and Spice (404). Alternately, there's already #400 in the regular line-up.

As pale as I am, I never shy away from highlighters, so I am actually interested to see how the powder and shadows from the holiday palette look on me.

For the lipstick that was only available one day (or not), does anyone know what colour it is? I'm always up for an Armani lippie, but I don't want to end up chasing down something that's going to make me look horrifying...

ashievic

Here is the ODO 603. The one on the left is 603 in the sheer formula and the darker one is 603 in the ODO lipstick.

EllaS

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

For the lipstick that was only available one day (or not), does anyone know what colour it is? I'm always up for an Armani lippie, but I don't want to end up chasing down something that's going to make me look horrifying...

I couldn't find an official swatch, but I believe this is what it looks like in the pot (it was created backstage)

(from: http://alive.armani.com/nyc-by-tim-blanks/it/one-night-only-new-york-beauty-look/)

And this is what it looks like on a model

(Info here http://makeupdot.blogspot.com/2013/10/one-night-only-new-york-by-giorgio.html)

It looks quite pretty. I think mine should be arriving tomorrow or Thursday so I'll post a pic.

EDIT: @ashievic beat me to it!

EllaS

Here is the ODO 603. The one on the left is 603 in the sheer formula and the darker one is 603 in the ODO lipstick.
Sorry I'm a little confused. Just to clarify - the one on the left is the Rouge d'armani sheer in 603? And the one on the right is the new Urban Nude Rouge Ecstasy 603?

ashievic

Yes, you are correct. The darker one is the one that was sold for only one day. I wanted to show there is quite a difference between the formulas for the same # 603....sorry for the confusion.

EllaS

Yes, you are correct. The darker one is the one that was sold for only one day. I wanted to show there is quite a difference between the formulas for the same # 603....sorry for the confusion.
No problem, just trying to get my bearings since I really knew so little about it when I bought it. Thank you for posting!

It looks darker than the backstage version shown in the video & promo photos, no?