Armani Discussion

cucomelon5

Quote:
I received an email (as one of the people whose orders were confirmed, then cancelled) that stated that more would be coming- and that I'd been placed on a waitlist for first access. That's fair, Armani.
Does that mean the 603 ODO lipstick will be perm now? It seems to be gone on the Armani website again..hope it comes back!

ashievic

It will probably be re-released in Feb. when Armani starts the new campaign. They are offering for the first time all the products they make on site for their fashion shows. I think the release of 603 was to see the response they would receive. This campaign is the date of the show in Milan I think....limited quantity, of course. The orders previously accepted for this on the one day sale are what are being filled. I spoke to a rep and she said it was not reposted for additional. It would have defeated the purpose of the one day only. Guess there was a glitch, and orders were being accepted when the product was actual already sold out. To make happy customers who had their orders accepted, they are filling only those. Hope this helps.

starletta8

It will probably be re-released in Feb. when Armani starts the new campaign. They are offering for the first time all the products they make on site for their fashion shows. I think the release of 603 was to see the response they would receive. This campaign is the date of the show in Milan I think....limited quantity, of course. The orders previously accepted for this on the one day sale are what are being filled. I spoke to a rep and she said it was not reposted for additional. It would have defeated the purpose of the one day only. Guess there was a glitch, and orders were being accepted when the product was actual already sold out. To make happy customers who had their orders accepted, they are filling only those. Hope this helps.

I was able to order my 603 when the batch came in. There was a link in the email that we were directed to follow, and I couldn't replicate the product page going straight from the homepage. That lines up with the "oops, sorry about our goof" MO.

dvdiest

Yeah!! Off to fill my cart........

I wasn't expecting the email until closer to Thanksgiving, and I'm surprised the sale lasts so long! Of course, it could just be my memory failing me, and it was the same as last year.
icon_eek.gif

What is everybody getting? I already ordered the ODO 603. It is being shipped now. I know I am getting some holiday lippies but I can't decide on the holiday palette. I need to go get matched for some winter foundation. I may go back to the Luminous Silk and I think they've added quite a few shades since I last bought that.

On a side note, I was in Honolulu during the Sephora sale, and I about fell over when I saw they carried Armani in that store. I'm sure they carry it in other stores, but not around me. I was pleasantly surprised ... though I didn't buy much that day (maybe a lipstick and a gloss).

GinghamDot

Yeah!!  Off to fill my cart........ I wasn't expecting the email until closer to Thanksgiving, and I'm surprised the sale lasts so long!  Of course, it could just be my memory failing me, and it was the same as last year.:shock: What is everybody getting?  I already ordered the ODO 603.  It is being shipped now.  I know I am getting some holiday lippies but I can't decide on the holiday palette.  I need to go get matched for some winter foundation.  I may go back to the Luminous Silk and I think they've added quite a few shades since I last bought that. On a side note, I was in Honolulu during the Sephora sale, and I about fell over when I saw they carried Armani in that store.  I'm sure they carry it in other stores, but not around me.  I was pleasantly surprised ... though I didn't buy much that day (maybe a lipstick and a gloss).
I know Honolulu has some really high end shops, so it follows that they'd be one of the doors to have Armani cosmetics. Did Sephora just start to carry it? It's not on their website and I know that's how they started with Estée Lauder, too. Sadly, even their sale is too rich for my blood. So I will admire everyone else's purchases here when they post. :eyelove:

katred

Specktra Bestie
I know Honolulu has some really high end shops, so it follows that they'd be one of the doors to have Armani cosmetics. Did Sephora just start to carry it? It's not on their website and I know that's how they started with Estée Lauder, too. Sadly, even their sale is too rich for my blood. So I will admire everyone else's purchases here when they post. :eyelove:
They're available at certain stores only. Not online and not ever in all stores. There are a few lines like that. My Sephora has some of the Tom Ford private collection perfumes, but they're not online either. As far as I know, there's only one store in Canada that has Armani.

Icecaramellatte

I just bought everything I wanted. I may just skip this sale. I did want to try another bronzer shade. I like the one I have but another color looked nice as well.

EllaS

I think I read earlier in the thread this is a February release? Is that right? Not sure I can wait that long LOL.

EDIT: Ok I see here they're being released in Dec http://www.allurabeauty.com/2014/giorgio-armani-eye-tint-collection-winter-2014/

katred

Specktra Bestie

Funny, the word "tint" made me think that they would be more sheer. I'll take pigmented, though. I just hope I can wear them.

EllaS

Armani has a tendency to do little "in-between" collections. They did the same in the Fall when they launched their new mascara alongside three Rouge Ecstasy and three Maestros. Now I'm wondering if we could get a couple of new lippies alongside these... Then again, these are more exciting on their own than a mascara would be.

Funny, the word "tint" made me think that they would be more sheer. I'll take pigmented, though. I just hope I can wear them.
Thanks for the info! I just can't keep up...with Tom Ford and Chanel releases alone, my holiday is full up! I really need to follow GA more closely because all of the products I've purchased have been stellar. That would be great if some new lippies were released with the eye tints...then again, my budget could wait until spring
sigh.gif

I need to go hunt for some swatches. I actually might prefer pigmented because at least you can use a light hand. Sometimes sheer shadows aren't so buildable, but who knows in this case. It's promising Eugenia said the textures were amazing. Both the eyes to kill intense shadows and the solos I've bought are fantastic, so I'm hopeful these will be as well.

cucomelon5

found this swatch while searching through instagram...can't wait to see more swatches of other colors!

http://instagram.com/p/wJ4r4VhcEs/