Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
found this swatch while searching through instagram...can't wait to see more swatches of other colors!

http://instagram.com/p/wJ4r4VhcEs/
Wow. Pigmented indeed, although the skin swatch seems to show that you can also do a much lighter application. I so hope that these don't irritate my eyes!

Medgal07

I have no idea why, but they're the best kept secret of beauty brands. No one seems to get excited for what they do. Even when beauty bloggers cover them, the posts don't get as much response as other brands. I'm completely confused as to why that is, because they make some of my favourite products.

Wow. Pigmented indeed, although the skin swatch seems to show that you can also do a much lighter application. I so hope that these don't irritate my eyes!
What are those products Katred? I have ONE Armani makeup item---the Belladonna highlighter, probably because I'm addicted to highlighters. I've hardly looked at
anything else in the makeup line, perhaps because of the lack of fan-fare / hype about the brand. I would like to try Armani lipsticks. Any recommendations????

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
What are those products Katred? I have ONE Armani makeup item---the Belladonna highlighter, probably because I'm addicted to highlighters. I've hardly looked at
anything else in the makeup line, perhaps because of the lack of fan-fare / hype about the brand. I would like to try Armani lipsticks. Any recommendations????
I'm not Katred, but I would recommend to check out the Lip Maestros if you haven't yet. They have a very unique formula, I think you would like them, Med :)

Medgal07

I'm not Katred, but I would recommend to check out the Lip Maestros if you haven't yet. They have a very unique formula, I think you would like them, Med :)
Thanks! I just took a quick look. The few that I saw appear very pigmented. In terms of formula, do you know how they compare to Guerlain's 'Rouge G l'Extraits'?

Miss QQ

I have no idea why, but they're the best kept secret of beauty brands. No one seems to get excited for what they do. Even when beauty bloggers cover them, the posts don't get as much response as other brands. I'm completely confused as to why that is, because they make some of my favourite products.

Just speaking for me, I love all the GA products I have, which I don't have a lot. But I am less excited because GA is only available at one counter in my country, and there is no sale or promotion ever. If I have more access to it I would probably be buying a lot more. And because I have less access to it I end up spending my money on other beauty items that are more accessible, and I have no budget for GA anymore since they are pricey too, so I just don't visit the counter much.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks! I just took a quick look. The few that I saw appear very pigmented. In terms of formula, do you know how they compare to Guerlain's 'Rouge G l'Extraits'?
Sorry, I don't :-/ I haven't tried the Guerlain ones yet. The Maestros are very pigmented, and a little product goes a long way. I know in some swatches they appear to have some sheen to them, but on me they're defintiely matte.

Medgal07

Sorry, I don't :-/ I haven't tried the Guerlain ones yet. The Maestros are very pigmented, and a little product goes a long way. I know in some swatches they appear to have some sheen to them, but on me they're defintiely matte.
I'm definitely up for trying one---now to decide on a color
sigh.gif

Monsy

anyone know what shade of luminous silk would match mac nc15/20 ? it has to be yellow toned. maybe 4 or 5 ?

Medgal07

If you're trying something from Armani, Med, get some of the Eyes to Kill e/s! They're FABULOUS!
I'm so sorry I just look at those Anneri!!!
getyou.gif
I immediately saw a palette that has Meddy written all over it. I have about four Chanel palettes that I have not
yet used and I just ordered two more. I still have not used my Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel palette and I finally got around to wearing the Burberry holiday e/s
palette. I thought I'd start slow with the brand and now here you come enabling encouraging me.

yahoo.gif
I'm so glad you did
th_kiss.gif

Anneri

Happy you found something you like!!! And go and order at least one of the ETK in the little round glass pots - they're one of my fave formulas!

Miss QQ

anyone know what shade of luminous silk would match mac nc15/20 ? it has to be yellow toned. maybe 4 or 5 ?
Yeh it's 4 or 5. I took samples in tiny bottles to try them out about 2 years ago. The SA let me try 4 and 5 and I preferred 4. I'm NC15/20 too. I didn't know the foundation was repackaged.

Medgal07

Happy you found something you like!!! And go and order at least one of the ETK in the little round glass pots - they're one of my fave formulas!
I'll have to wait until the New Year now since I just bought nearly the entire Chanel Spring 2015 collection.
There are two ETK palettes that I want & fell in love with. I'll keep the little glass pots in mind too!!!

love.gif

Monsy

Yeh it's 4 or 5. I took samples in tiny bottles to try them out about 2 years ago. The SA let me try 4 and 5 and I preferred 4. I'm NC15/20 too. I didn't know the foundation was repackaged.
I forgot to ask for samples when I was at nordstrom. I should definitely try it first

Monsy

Not sure it's a general rule, but I know that the folks at my Armani counter are always pleased to offer samples.
when I walked up to armani this sales person jumped out of nowhere and she was literally in my face not letting me take a look at testers.
I managed to swatch some bronzers and blushes and I walked away. She was standing there staring at me and I could feel her breath that's how close she was... It kills my vibe to buy anything right away. I went home and order bronzers online which I LOVE btw. Superb quality. I think armani has some gems but it's not advertised as much and is not as widely available as some other brands.

Medgal07

when I walked up to armani this sales person jumped out of nowhere and she was literally in my face not letting me take a look at testers.
I managed to swatch some bronzers and blushes and I walked away. She was standing there staring at me and I could feel her breath that's how close she was... It kills my vibe to buy anything right away. I went home and order bronzers online which I LOVE btw. Superb quality. I think armani has some gems but it's not advertised as much and is not as widely available as some other brands.
It's too bad you didn't tell her that you would like to explore the products alone and you'd seek her help if you
needed it. There was no reason for her to invade your personal space like that. I'm glad you were able to get
what you wanted online.

katred

Specktra Bestie
 when I walked up to armani this sales person jumped out of nowhere and she was literally in my face not letting me take a look at testers. I managed to swatch some bronzers and blushes and I walked away. She was standing there staring at me and I could feel her breath that's how close she was... It kills my vibe to buy anything right away. I went home and order bronzers online which I LOVE btw. Superb quality. I think armani has some gems but it's not advertised as much and is not as widely available as some other brands. 
Reading this reminded me that I was thinking of my preferred counter. There is another downtown that has this same sort of agression, but I generally try to avoid them. (It's common to a lot of counters ar this particular retailer. I often pretend I don't speak either french or English.) I was at the happy Armani counter today and what do you think I found? The white unicorn maestro foundation. I tried a little on my hand and was surprised that it came out looking like milk- pure white and kind of opaque. I smoothed it out, but it still seemed to give my skin a weird white cast- the kind you get from some heavy duty sunscreens. I was wondering how the stuff ever passed quality control, but after a few seconds, the white cast disappeared and my skin looked noticeably smoother. Very noticeably. It also felt really silky. I realised afterward that I'd actually applied a lot- nearly as much as I'd normally apply to my whole face. The stuff really seems to be magic. I didn't pick it up this time (although I did get the burgundy lipstick from the holiday collection AND the one day only lipstick, which was hanging out next to the holiday goodies), but I think I'd like to give it a try. I have a feeling it would function sort of like a tinted moisturizer in terms of evening out the complexion, but with a finish that's closer to matte.

Monsy

hahahahah I do not know why I do not do that more often. English is anyway not my first language so I could get away with that

I did tell her that I would like to take a look at the products first and that I will let her know if I have any questions or I need help. She was still standing there... they are desperate for sales