Armani Discussion

EllaS

Interesting discovery about #10 Senso...while it swatches brown, it is 100% plum on the lid! At least on me. So I'm curious if others experience the same thing. I did see this shade described as plum in promos online so I'm guessing it's not just me. Fortunately I love plum so I still like the shade. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up because it does look quite different if you swatch it on your arm!

(below is Senso on the lid, blended out with a light brown matte shade in the crease)

allthingsglam

Interesting discovery about #10 Senso...while it swatches brown, it is 100% plum on the lid! At least on me. So I'm curious if others experience the same thing. I did see this shade described as plum in promos online so I'm guessing it's not just me. Fortunately I love plum so I still like the shade. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up because it does look quite different if you swatch it on your arm! (below is Senso on the lid, blended out with a light brown matte shade in the crease)
Looks so beautiful

EllaS

Looks so beautiful
Aww thanks Glammy!
blush-anim-cl.gif

ThatGaze

Here are more swatches: http://naturalnchicmakeup.com/2015/01/giorgio-armani-eye-tints-swatches-and-review.html Now I want #9 lol

EllaS

Here's Sara's review of Senso http://www.colormeloud.com/2015/01/giorgio-armani-eye-tint-10-senso-review.html Another rave review!

Not as plum on her as it is on me, though still a plummy brown. Maybe because I'm so warm it's pulling really cool on me? No idea! It's so cool on me in some lighting it looks silver lol.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Looks so beautiful
I'm trying to look at the shadow but I'm getting distracted by the beautiful colour of your eyes! I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive hobby for me. Thus far, my list looks like Emeraude Onyx Green iron Shadow Cold Copper Senso I notice in the Natural & Chic review, she says she got shimmer migration, but I haven't experienced that at all. (Wearing Rose Ashes for the third time in ten days today.) maybe some of the ones with heavier shimmer have this problem.

EllaS

I notice in the Natural & Chic review, she says she got shimmer migration, but I haven't experienced that at all. (Wearing Rose Ashes for the third time in ten days today.) maybe some of the ones with heavier shimmer have this problem.
Aww Katred it's the plum!
th_hug.gif
Plums/purples/mauves make my eyes pop like no other, even more than straight up browns. I concur totally with your list. I broke down and ordered Shadow and Minuit a few days ago. Supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday, so I will swatch those when I get them. I will definitely get Emeraude too. Then I might pause and wait until I hit a counter to see if any of the remaining agree with my skin tone.

Like you, I haven't experienced any shimmer migration, but I've only tried Green Iron and Senso on the eyes so far so we shall see. So far I'm over the moon with this formula and with the applicator. It does such a great job of applying the product. I even used the applicator on my lower lashline today and just smudged it out with a brush and it worked perfectly.

EllaS

Here's an Eye Tint promo from GA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWiJHDSue8E

They all look really shimmery here, but the ones I have are not that shimmery on the eye FWIW.

Icecaramellatte

To distract myself from the Eye Tints, I've been shopping my stash. I wore Rose Popillia eyes to kill. Oh my! I forgot how amazing this color is. I'm wondering if the eye tints would play well with the eyes to kill. Could you layer one on top of the other? Many of the colors look like they would coordinate well with the eyes to kill but I don't know how well the different formulas would play together. I'm eager to check these out.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Can we see a picture of you wearing Rose Ashes? Is this is one that is close to Rose Popillia? I missed that and I really want it.

Beautiful swatches! Makes me want #9 too. Also #11, 5 and 6. 6 looks complex. 7 is a unusal shade, I have not seen anything quite like this before. Love these.
It's not the one that looks like Rose Popilla, unfortunately. That one is Shadow (possibly Flannel). Sorry for the confusion, but I only had a couple of minutes access to the testers, since they weren't officially "there" yet. But if you feel badly about missing RP, this one is a perfect imitation, just slightly different in the final texture.

Here are a few photos of me in Rose Ashes:

Here it is on my lids, blended with plum shades all around it. You can see how easily it blends with other shadows, I think.

Here I have it on the lids, not blended so much, which gives a better idea of the way the colour looks on its own.

Thought I'd include this one too, since I find it shows how it brightens the area around the eye from normal viewing distance.

EllaS

It's not the one that looks like Rose Popilla, unfortunately. That one is Shadow (possibly Flannel). Sorry for the confusion, but I only had a couple of minutes access to the testers, since they weren't officially "there" yet. But if you feel badly about missing RP, this one is a perfect imitation, just slightly different in the final texture.

Here are a few photos of me in Rose Ashes:

Here it is on my lids, blended with plum shades all around it. You can see how easily it blends with other shadows, I think.

Here I have it on the lids, not blended so much, which gives a better idea of the way the colour looks on its own.

Thought I'd include this one too, since I find it shows how it brightens the area around the eye from normal viewing distance.

Love love love! I love that whole eye look. That whole makeup look for that matter. You look gorgeous! And you're right - it really does brighten the eye.

Regarding the Rose Popillia dupe, I just received Shadow tonight but it's dark outside so I can't swatch it unfortunately. I feel like it could be Shadow or Flannel actually. Which makes me want to buy Flannel now so I can mix the 2 together. Somebody stop me. No forget it, I can't be stopped.
th_happy1.gif

bunnypoet

I need Green Iron! Each additional swatch makes me fall more and more in love with this color. I didn't get a chance to see if my local Nordies or NM had this is in stock yesterday. Grrr... All of my other errands ran too long. I may just pick this up online instead.

Miss QQ

Love love love! I love that whole eye look. That whole makeup look for that matter. You look gorgeous! And you're right - it really does brighten the eye.

Regarding the Rose Popillia dupe, I just received Shadow tonight but it's dark outside so I can't swatch it unfortunately. I feel like it could be Shadow or Flannel actually. Which makes me want to buy Flannel now so I can mix the 2 together. Somebody stop me. No forget it, I can't be stopped.
th_happy1.gif
I think mixing them is an awesome idea. :) Shadow is such a unique colour. I think Flannel is a closer dupe to RP than Shadow, I don't remember RP being too purple.

allthingsglam

It's not the one that looks like Rose Popilla, unfortunately. That one is Shadow (possibly Flannel). Sorry for the confusion, but I only had a couple of minutes access to the testers, since they weren't officially "there" yet. But if you feel badly about missing RP, this one is a perfect imitation, just slightly different in the final texture. Here are a few photos of me in Rose Ashes: Here it is on my lids, blended with plum shades all around it. You can see how easily it blends with other shadows, I think. Here I have it on the lids, not blended so much, which gives a better idea of the way the colour looks on its own. Thought I'd include this one too, since I find it shows how it brightens the area around the eye from normal viewing distance.
Sooooo beautiful I'm loving the whole look