Armani Discussion

EllaS

Oh gosh, I need this one too! I still haven't gotten #7, because I saw TF's Blush Duo on Saks last night when I was picking up Frantic Pink and purchased it on the spot. I also need to save money to get more primer and foundation this week. So I guess these pretties will have to wait a little while longer. :'(
I would have done the same thing! I'm so glad you stumbled on that duo!
cheerleader.gif
And even though we don't know for sure yet whether the eye tints are perm or limited I think you still have some time before you really have to worry about anything selling out (in the event they are LE).

laurennnxox

I would have done the same thing! I'm so glad you stumbled on that duo!
cheerleader.gif
And even though we don't know for sure yet whether the eye tints are perm or limited I think you still have some time before you really have to worry about anything selling out (in the event they are LE).
They only had Stroked. Luckily for my wallet... or else I would've bought both! I was surprised to see it up there. Now I want to hunt for Softcore. And thanks, I'm hoping I can snap up a few in a month or so, granted they're not LE. I can't find my Chanel Camelia De Plumes highlighter *anywhere* so I have to pick up another one.
ohboy.gif
I explained to my SA the situation, and she has one on hold for me for a week incase it decides to show up. If not, I'll probably drop the $$ on it again. It's too beautiful to not have any more. So with that expense, and Frantic Pink and Stroked... these eye tints need to go on the back burner. BUT OH GOODNESS! You are tempting me with these BEAUTIFUL swatches! I neeeeeeeeeeeeed!
eyelove.gif

Vineetha

Ok ladies. Here is Flannel, and as others have mentioned, this is definitely the Rose Popillia "dupe" (in parens because I don't have that one and haven't seen any official comparisons). Dupe or not, I'm CRAZY for this shade! There's a video on my instagram (see signature) if you want to see more of the dimension of it. I did not think this shade would show up on my eyes but it absolutely does. Definitely one of my favorites of the line for sure!
Okay you win!! :lol: ordered flannel and sensei :blush: another rabbit hole???

EllaS

They only had Stroked. Luckily for my wallet... or else I would've bought both! I was surprised to see it up there. Now I want to hunt for Softcore. And thanks, I'm hoping I can snap up a few in a month or so, granted they're not LE. I can't find my Chanel Camelia De Plumes highlighter *anywhere* so I have to pick up another one.
ohboy.gif
I explained to my SA the situation, and she has one on hold for me for a week incase it decides to show up. If not, I'll probably drop the $$ on it again. It's too beautiful to not have any more. So with that expense, and Frantic Pink and Stroked... these eye tints need to go on the back burner. BUT OH GOODNESS! You are tempting me with these BEAUTIFUL swatches! I neeeeeeeeeeeeed!
eyelove.gif
Oh no! Of all the makeup to lose, it had to be that! I'm in a state of serious makeup disorganization though so I can totally relate to misplacing things. Hopefully you find it so you don't have to dish out the money for it a second time!

And as for Softcore, you never know! TF stuff seems to sell out and then pop back up A LOT, so you could get lucky if you get good at stalking lol.

EllaS

Okay you win!!
lol.gif
ordered flannel and sensei
blush-anim-cl.gif
another rabbit hole???
YAY I win I win!
cheerleader.gif
Wait, we both win because we both have these amazing eyeshadows!
yahoo.gif

And yes, these have serious rabbit hole potential. I'm falling down fast. I'm ready to put 2 more in my cart lol.

laurennnxox

In these swatches, #8 looks soooooooo much pinker! :( I don't know if I'd like it if it pulled that pink on me. Hmmm. I wish I could go play with these in person!

http://naturalnchicmakeup.com/2015/01/giorgio-armani-eye-tints-swatches-and-review.html

laurennnxox

Oh no! Of all the makeup to lose, it had to be that! I'm in a state of serious makeup disorganization though so I can totally relate to misplacing things. Hopefully you find it so you don't have to dish out the money for it a second time!

And as for Softcore, you never know! TF stuff seems to sell out and then pop back up A LOT, so you could get lucky if you get good at stalking lol.
I KNOW! I would lose that piece... I have never lost something before. I fully believe it's only a matter of time before I stumble across it. I've torn apart my whole apartment to no avail. I think it's one of those things where I need to stop looking so hard, and it'll pop into my mind where I've placed it! But, I could always pick up the BU and not open it in the event that my used one turns up. I'm sure I can return it unopened and unused. :)

allthingsglam

Ok, I am just hopelessly in love with this whole eye tint line. Look at how freaking gorgeous this blue is! With the green and purple flecks? It's just so rich and complex but without any over-the-top sparkle...:heart: :heart: :heart:
omgosh I'm in love thanks for posting Ellas

laurennnxox

yahoo.gif
I FOUND IT! I am doing my makeup for the night, and thought to myself. "Hmph, the Chanel highlighter would be *perfect* for this look... Shame I can't find it." And I thought to look once more, while relaxed and not rushing to find it. It fell behind my MASSIVE vanity, through a crack just big enough to fit. I had checked the floor behind it, but didn't think it would get stuck between the wall and vanity. I aimed a flashlight behind it, and saw something small and black stuck. With help from a broom I gently got it to the floor. The compact and beautiful design emerged completely unharmed!! $72 saved! I feel so relieved! Needless to say I shoved that dang dresser to rest flat against the wall. Perhaps I *will* order some eye tints, soon!
th_happy1.gif

EllaS

yahoo.gif
I FOUND IT! I am doing my makeup for the night, and thought to myself. "Hmph, the Chanel highlighter would be *perfect* for this look... Shame I can't find it." And I thought to look once more, while relaxed and not rushing to find it. It fell behind my MASSIVE vanity, through a crack just big enough to fit. I had checked the floor behind it, but didn't think it would get stuck between the wall and vanity. I aimed a flashlight behind it, and saw something small and black stuck. With help from a broom I gently got it to the floor. The compact and beautiful design emerged completely unharmed!! $72 saved! I feel so relieved! Needless to say I shoved that dang dresser to rest flat against the wall. Perhaps I *will* order some eye tints, soon!
th_happy1.gif
WooHoooooo!!!
yahoo.gif
What a dramatic rescue! LOL. Seriously though I'm SO glad you found it. And now you've found an extra $72 with which to buy GA Eye Tints!
girlhaha.gif

Monsy

Ok ladies. Here is Flannel, and as others have mentioned, this is definitely the Rose Popillia "dupe" (in parens because I don't have that one and haven't seen any official comparisons). Dupe or not, I'm CRAZY for this shade! There's a video on my instagram (see signature) if you want to see more of the dimension of it. I did not think this shade would show up on my eyes but it absolutely does. Definitely one of my favorites of the line for sure!

this is STUNNING!

Winthrop44

75b96847_GAFlannelSwatch.jpeg
I have Rose Popillia and ordered Flannel, but not sure how soon it will get here. If my camera is behaving that day and there still aren't any comparison pics I'll try to take some.

EllaS

Found this link on instagram for the runway capsule collection: runwaylab.armanibeauty.com

Here's what it says: "Giorgio Armani Beauty will soon present its first makeup couture collection directly inspired by Giorgio Armani Spring Summer 2015 runway, with colors created backstage." You can enter your email to be updated on "Armani Runway Lab" news.

If you scroll down there are images from the runway, as well as a countdown which says there's 41 days (and change) to the release. So I wonder then when the regular Spring Collection will be released?

EllaS

Have you tried using it as a liner Ella?

I have Rose Popillia and ordered Flannel, but not sure how soon it will get here. If my camera is behaving that day and there still aren't any comparison pics I'll try to take some.
I haven't tried Minuit yet, but I have used Green Iron and Flannel to line the lower lashline. I just dip my smudger brush into the product on the wand and apply it that way and it works great. I'm assuming Minuit could be used this way or with a more precise liner brush on the upper lashline.

That would be great if you could do a comparison of Flannel and Rose Popillia. I'm curious to see how close they are!

laurennnxox

I think I'll be ordering these on Thursday :) I want to pick up 4. I'm definitely ordering, #7 and #8. I'm considering #10, but unsure what the 4th should be. I wish I could play with them in stores! Any ideas?

EllaS

I'm considering #10, but unsure what the 4th should be. I wish I could play with them in stores! Any ideas?
I agree wholeheartedly with 7, 8 and 10. As to the 4th...that's so tough! I personally think 5 and 6 are both stunning, and I also think 11 may be a front runner as well. It looked great on @katred and someone commented on my instagram that if I liked 8, I'd like 11 because it has a duochrome effect. Go with your gut Lauren! I don't think you can do wrong with any of them really.

laurennnxox

I agree wholeheartedly with 7, 8 and 10. As to the 4th...that's so tough! I personally think 5 and 6 are both stunning, and I also think 11 may be a front runner as well. It looked great on @katred  and someone commented on my instagram that if I liked 8, I'd like 11 because it has a duochrome effect. Go with your gut Lauren! I don't think you can do wrong with any of them really.
Is 11 one of the peachy ot gold shades? I have a couple of eyeshadow sticks that might be close. So I'd need to see more swatches. I might go with #1, obsidian to try something different. I'm ordering from Nordstrom so I would be able to return it if I didn't like it. :)

EllaS

Is 11 one of the peachy ot gold shades? I have a couple of eyeshadow sticks that might be close. So I'd need to see more swatches. I might go with #1, obsidian to try something different. I'm ordering from Nordstrom so I would be able to return it if I didn't like it.
smiles.gif
I haven't seen too much on Obsidian - Minuit was as dark as I dared to go lol. Yes 11 is the "rose gold"/peachy one. Buying from Nordies is always a good move...juuuust in case ;-)

Latest posts