Aromaleigh?

thezander

Hm, I've been using their foundation for a couple years now. I may have to try MAC's mineral powder/foundations and see how they hold up as a replacement...

nebbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
The samples are only good for a couple sparse uses in my experience.

Lol I read this after placing my order for like 18 samples :[
I did get two full-sizes, tho. Wysteria & Kookie.

queen_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish
Lol I read this after placing my order for like 18 samples :[
I did get two full-sizes, tho. Wysteria & Kookie.

I have sample shadows that I've used numerous times (like 5-6) and still have plenty left, I haven't run out of one yet. The shadows are really pigmented in my opinion, and you don't need that much per use.

lilibat

I just hope I can find a replacement for the glitters. I have yet to find any place that has those colours including a really purple, purple.

nebbish

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_kitty
I have sample shadows that I've used numerous times (like 5-6) and still have plenty left, I haven't run out of one yet. The shadows are really pigmented in my opinion, and you don't need that much per use.

That's even better news! I mean, I understand a sample is just that, but it's hard to justify $6+ on colors I don't know if I'm going to like :[

queen_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish
That's even better news! I mean, I understand a sample is just that, but it's hard to justify $6+ on colors I don't know if I'm going to like :[

My favorites are definitely from the Retro Hi-Fi matte line, they're especially nice if you like matte shadows but you also like a bold look. Cat's Pajamas, which I originally bought for the name only, turned out to be a complete favorite! I never thought I would wear a color like that, but I had to make sure to buy a full size before they're gone. My favorite colors that I've tried from the whole line are Ophelia, Ruthless Indulgence, Poison Utopia, Majick and Metal, Cat's Pajamas, Real Gone, In the Mix, Aqua Nightmare, Wonderland, Forget-Me-Not (completely gorgeous, blue and green like a mermaid's scales), Arabesque, Waltz, Unicorn, Golden Chrysalis, Pink Negligee, and Persian Kitten. I don't think I've ever gotten one that I didn't like at all though. It's a shame that their Sonic Rocks eyeshadows were discontinued to be reformulated, because they also had some incredible colors. I guess now we'll never see them again
ssad.gif
Their Pure Mineral Rouge and Gothic Lolita Rouge are all really lovely too. My favorites are Candy and Dolly. I just don't know what I'll do without their amazingness, hopefully I've suitably stocked up, I'm dissapointed to not be able to see more new colors. I'm sure I'll find new favorites when I get what is probably my final order in the mail.

According to Twitter it looks like Kristen decided to extend the time before she closes, that way she can try to sell out of stock. This should allow people to try out the samples first and then buy the full sizes if they want to.

Courtney <3

i am so sad to see them go!!
i love everything about her line.
and with all the drama around it, it makes me kinda afriad to start my own mmu company.
but in the end i got some things, im just waiting on the package to arrive.

apocalypgloss

I discovered them after the announcement and went WILD over the next couple months getting colors. During her final clearance at one point I think I bought something like 25 colors in one whack. Certain formulas gave better payoff than others but I would say that any one of them stood up to MAC, especially the pigments that I purchased after 2007 or so when they began to add more filler. I bought a couple of her grab bags too at the very end during her blog sale.

There's a lot of Aromaleigh to be found on MUA if anyone out there missed out on finding her while she was still in business.

Eisleyan

Does anyone know where I can find Aromaleigh eyeshadows these days? I am desperately in search of a few favorite, especially "Torment" elemental lustre!

mac_aiken

Recently I did orders with several indie mmu companies. So far AL and Fyrinnae have been the best with selection/quality of product, price, sample size, shipping costs and customer service (which includes turn around time). I am losing patience however with Evil Shade, Morgan Cryptania and Concrete however.