Aromaleigh?

jasper17

Just checking to see if anyone can speak to how the Aromaleigh Pure Hue Intense Mineral Powders compare to MAC pigments.

Link here: http://www.aromaleigh.com/purhuemincol.html

Thanks
thmbup.gif

mac_obsession

they look nice! Let me know what you think of them once you get em..consistancy, staying power yada yada you know
greengrin.gif

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
they look nice! Let me know what you think of them once you get em..consistancy, staying power yada yada you know
greengrin.gif

Definitely! I can't wait until the order gets here!!

jasper17

Ok, my samples and foundation and stuff from Aromaleigh came today (we won't discuss the UPS guy, who annoyed me thoroughly).

I can safely say I am in love with these things.

They are, except for also being basically multipurpose powders, not really anything like MAC pigments. They are finer and all of the samples I ordered have iridescent/ dually toned looks to them. I don't know if it's because I got primarily golds and greens - very mermaidy look to these colors. They are all absolutely gorgeous. Mmmm.

I'll try to do swatches, if anyone is interested, at some point in the next couple of days.

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn
i'd like to see some pictures of them.

I started doing some swatches; will post when I get them together.

jasper17

Aromaleigh Rocks! Loose Powders

These are new, according to the website, and they look really interesting, based on the swatches - a pretty decent range of shades to choose from. Some are black-light reflective, which is neat. Some of the shades also look like they might be close to Parrot but since I don't actually own Parrot, that remains to be seen.

Link to swatches

I'm hoping they're similar to MAC pigments in consistency. Thinking about ordering a few different sample shades to see what they're like.

Not to vainly attempt to decide what colors to try out.

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodie
Have you ever used any of there stuff? Is it good?

I've used the foundation and I like it - it's similar to BE but more sheer. I love their lip balm and I also really like the fragrances. Oh and I've had samples of some of the other mineral powders Aromaleigh makes - very sheer and lots of really pretty iridescence.

Good stuff!

darkbeauty27

The eyeshadow shades that I have tried have been good. I have a lot of the Rocks! samples and they are pretty and vibrant. I did hear that since these are handmixed pigments that each sample/full size will have a slight variation in the shade. This goes for all of the Aromaleigh pigments.

sigwing

Anyone tried Aromaleigh?

www.aromaleigh.com

They claim to be better formulations than other mineral stuff out there. I'd never heard of this one, but sounds like another online home business. I'm getting ready to order some great colors, but maybe should have just picked out sample sizes. I can tell tho when they're shades I'll probably want to order the full ones, tho, so I'm saving time if not money!

Looks like a great selection!

TeaCup

Re: Anyone tried Aromaleigh?

I loved their foundation! It was great for my pale,warm toned skin

Holly

If you do a search on here for Aromaleigh, there's tons of reviews on most of their products

sigwing

I read a couple things where people were really pleased with them, so now I can't wait for all the ones I've ordered!

I also noticed one of the reviews of an eyeshadow was from 2005, so they've been around quite some time!

dreamqueen

They have an awesome eye brush that is like a skunk brush. It is amazing to use with pigments. I have 2 of them!

sigwing

I got them today! I ordered several matte shades in sort of dusty peachy and clay colors, and umber, a black/brown, and they are absolutely gorgeous! I have just tried them on my hand at this point but love the application!!!

They have a really nice selection of frosts, satins & mattes that are worth looking at if you like these type!

sigwing

Update:
Yesterday morning around 7 I put on my makeup, I used a dampened Vanilla from PureLuxe as a base, and then just some light colored stuff. last nite I wanted to try a couple of these Aromaleigh colors and put some on to play with them & just loved the application! Very smooth & even! Anyway, this morning, there's no creasing & they're of course faded a tiny bit overnight, but still there!!!

CincyFan

I've been using Aromaleigh foundation for years and I love the formula. I use Glissade because it's better for my dry skin. The silicone really helps it glide on my skin.

Latest posts