Aromaleigh?

sigwing

Re: Anyone tried Aromaleigh?

I've only used a bit of mineral powder foundation to mix with my liquid foundation if I want a little extra coverage or to dry it out or something, so I'm just for now trying these eyeshadows, but the quality of them is really a 10 in my book! I need to branch out and try some more of their products!

I've ordered some more colors along with the eyeliner sealant stuff that is only $4 for the bottle of it, which is very reasonable assuming it's the same kind of thing as a primer potion.

Brianne333

Re: Anyone tried Aromaleigh?

I spend a lot of time over at bpal.org and a lot of people over there love Aromaleigh. I finally decided to try them and bought a crateload of samples last week! I haven't gotten them yet but can't wait until I do, as I want very much to love their cream blush and lip gloss!

Makeuplovingal

I have been using Aromaleigh for 4 years now and they have been in business, I think, 2 years before I started using it, so they have been around a long time. I Love them!! Their 2W foundation is a perfect match for my NC20 skin. Other products I love are their lip gloss, it isn't sticky at all and has a nice choclate aroma to it. Also love their colorwashes and I loved their skin care when they had it. They might be bringing some of the skin care back.

I don't care for their lipsticks as they are natural and they dry out too quick in the tube. I had one that only lasted 1 month and I had to throw it out.

Also, their gel eyeliners are similar to MAC fluidlines, but are a bit drier in consistency. They stay on better than fluidlines do. However, the formula dries up in the pot much quicker than fluidlines, unfortunately.

I also loved their blushes and eyshadows, but my skin changed drastically after having my son and I can't wear those any more. They fade and crease (eyeshadows) no matter what I use as a base. That is one of the reasons I started using MAC as I could no longer use Aromaleigh eyeshadows.
ssad.gif

Jillipede

Hello! I posted this in the bargain hunters thread too, but wanted to give a shout here as well:
Aromaleigh 15% off entire order June 19 is last day
special code is SUMMER15 June 19 is the last day for this...!

This is 15% off even already discounted items and they have a lot of my favorites in their weekly sale too. I just made a huge order and stocked up on my favorites which are the illuminating powder, perle powders and color correcting powders which are also on sale this week for 25% off in addition to the 15% off entire order! I completely love Aromaleigh for any of my foundation, blush and finishing powders, then I use MAC or NARS for my eyes, lips etc.

nyrak

I have tried all kinds of MMU from BE to LM and most of the online etailers and I honestly believe that Aromaleigh's foundation is the best; non-cakey and just glides on. I use Voile formulation (C1) NW20 for reference, BE Fair, and it hasn't got that 'dead' look that a lot of matte formulations have.

Edited to add - I take it back! I think Aromaleigh is my 2nd favourite as I have just tried Meow, which is fab and relatively cheap. Their finishing powders are just fantastic as well! Aromaleigh is also really hard for me to get hold of as they don't ship internationally so I have to use a hideously expensive mail forwarding service (grrr)

MadchenRogue

I have never ordered from AL...however, I did read here and there that costumer service is bad. I have read of inconsistencies with their colors. That means if you buy a sample, loved it and decided to buy a larger size of that color and THAT COLOR is not the same color as the sample ( by this I mean if you bought a hot pink pigment sample, you ordered that same hot pink in a larger size except it is not as pink as the sample you purchased or is not mixed well)--- you are screwed because they won't accept returns at all, nor give you some store credit because of a bad batch either.

Just becareful.

sweetsweettart

i really love aromaleigh. the girl that owns it is awesome and very hip/cool. I use only her products on my face. They have been around since '98/'99. I use Glissade powder in 1N (i am an nw15-20). I really like their sonic rocks blushes. they are very pigmented (and work well w/ the little skunk-type brush she sells). I also like the highlight pearl powders. Pretty much everything. The eye stuff is good. But I already have tons of eye shadows, that i will never ever use up.

they are also making this new eye sealant gel which looks really cool.

if you read her blog she often has deals and coupon codes ( weekly sales on different products). Thats usually when I try to stock up a few times a year.

Obreathemykiss

Pretty sure I just fell in love...Oh my, my eyes are yearning for some of these! Swatches anyone? I mean different from the colors on their site...thanks.

widdershins

I definitely agree with Sweetssweettart--I LOVE the Rocks! blushes. Lately, I've been really into the porcelain doll look with the bright pop of pink on the cheeks, and boy do they deliver. I bought the entire line of sample Rocks! blushes and I think they will last me a year. They're small sample (compared to Meow Cosmetics samples) but they're so intensely pigmented you only need a tiny tiny amount.

I also really enjoy the coupon deals every week--they're really tempting!

If anyone has tried Aromaleigh and Meow foundation, how do they compare?

widdershins

I feel so bad about doing a double post, but I must sing the praises of You're a Doll! Metamorphosis Finishing Powder. Amaaaaazing! I have crazy oily skin so glitter on my skin is a no no, but this creates a soft glow--like you're lit from inside. It's like an old Hollywood filmy veil, masking all your imperfections. It's quite greenish gray in the package, which really scared me...but the green really counteracts the redness of any blemishes/broken capillaries.

AmyAngel

Aromaleigh's foundation doesn't seem to work for me, unfortunately, but I love their eyeshadows! I only have samples (which I just bought some tiny jars for) but am considering buying a few full size. The free samples they sent me were colors I never thought I'd wear, but they both turned out to be great when I tried them!

I keep going to Aromaleigh and Fyrinnae and thinking "I'll just get a few samples..." but then I end up with $30 worth of them in my cart...

I'm trying not to buy any more makeup this week, but it's so tempting!

euphrosyne_rose

I ordered a few of their samples last week and actually got the samples in this past Friday! I was really impressed with their colors and I also got a few freebie samples, including a lipstick sample. The lip sample was a little hard to try even using a lip brush, but it was a pretty color. I tried their color Brianna on my lids yesterday and it was an outstanding color but I noticed that even with UDPP it didn't last all day like some of the other mineral pigments I've tried. I still love all the colors I got and even though they are a little more expensive than places like The Shespace or Archetype, I'll probably order again in the future. It's also a plus that if you order nothing but samples you get free shipping!!
thmbup.gif

Willa

I just wanted to add my comments on this company.

I orderer pigment samples. I received it yesterday.
I didnt have time to look at the texture and colors yet, but I wanted to say that they are very cheap on the amount in the baggies...

Some companies put more product than they say when you order, them : no, nothing more, nada, rien de plus.

I personnaly think it's really disapointing, and because of that, even I like the colors I wont order from them again, and wont recommend them to anyone I know.
thmbdn.gif

I prefer waaaaay much better TBK Trading.

daphneM

I agree that Aromaleigh's samples are a little skimpy, especially as most of the eyeshadow ones are over $1. But, they do have soooo many eyeshadow colors that frankly I can order a couple dozen samples and never feel the need to order a full-size shadow. I haven't yet fallen so hard for any of their shadow colors that I've felt compelled to buy a full-size one after sampling.

But their blush samples were different - I loved their blushes and had to buy mini jars of several colors because I went through the samples so fast. That said, I am a blush fanatic.

There's a lot of stuff I'm going to keep buying from them. They'll definitely have my business for blush and they do a great job with the sheer lippies, which is totally my lip style (way more than opaque lipsticks or high-shine glosses). I've gotten some brushes from them too that really pleased me for the price. The thing that's so much fun is their shipping is so fast...I can haul myself a little treat on Thursday during a long work week and I can get home on a wearying Monday and find my packet in the mail. Yay!

I don't use mineral foundation yet, so I haven't stepped my toe into that water, but I'm curious. My roommate just got samples from them so I'll be curious to see what she thinks. In general, I haven't ordered from other small label MMU companies because honestly, Aromaleigh's site is by far the most professional and the easiest to use. I'd like to try Meow! at some point, but their focus seems to be the foundation, with a much smaller line of eyeshadows and no lippies, so I haven't felt compelled yet.

callison

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsugar7
I love MAC, I really do, but I have become a loyal customer of Aromaleigh. This is the first mineral makeup brand that I LOVE. The eye shadows do not disappear like some others, they actually blend and last all day.

My favorite things are the perle powders (like MSF's, but better!), Elemental Lustre Shadows, Glissade foundation (my HG), and all the finishing powders.

The business is run very professionally. Shipping is VERY fast. Sales often.
Also they have an awesome online community that is very helpful.

If you'd like to see some looks with Aromaleigh shadows you can check out my makeup gallery, most of my eye looks use their products.

Makeup - a photoset on Flickr

Love your photos, just ordered a whole bunch, so excited!! Do you have fave colors??

Glad to see them posted about here. I loveeeee their eyeshadows along with Fyrinnae. Their new LE line is gorgeous, especially the color elegie which I know need a full size of and sylph! Their Rocks collection is beautiful as well for eyes. I have sooo much eyeshadow from them. For foundation, EGM is the best for heavy coverage and staying power. I think mineral companies tend to excel at certain things.