Aussie Girls - What are you lemming?

sambibabe

^^ I agree.. When I bought $700 worth stuff from US last month, I did a spreadsheet of all the items in MAC US pricing and MAC Aus pricing and I probably saved $500-$600 lol.

xLongLashesx

Just think.. if MAC adjusted their prices to similar to the US I reckon their sales would go nuts.

I was looking on the Inglot threads and their prices are pretty much the same the world over. A US spektrette was saying how the price of some items were similar to MAC.. OMG could you imagine if MAC was priced like Inglot here? I'd take one of everything!

sambibabe

To be fair, we are not paying more for just MAC though. We are paying nearly double for the most High end brands. Wait.. drugstore brands too! lol

simplyenchantin

Mecca is just unaffordable.
ssad.gif

sambibabe

Lucky I am not lemming anything from Mecca. Isn't it annoying that everytime Myer does Cosmetics sale, it is always excluding Mecca and Kit?

sunniechan

^^ Thanks you
heart.gif

I'm leaning in the way of not getting the sigma but save for mac, hakuhodo and stila brushes. I know people say they like sigma brushes, but I dunno... they not exactly the same and I kinda like to know what I'm exactly getting with brushes, try and play around with those brushes before I purchase it.

Because after buying adesign brushes without playing with them beforehand, I'm sort of turned off in buying brushes that I've never tried. Though flat top foundation brush from adesign is amazing and some other brushes are good. I hate 4 of the 8 brushes I got, and will never used them. Though in the end it worked out since I got it in a sale, and buying the individually would've cost about the same. But still, only one I would've actually got if I would've played with them is 2 of them.

aussiemacluvrrr

^^ I feel the same way! I want allll the sigma brushes but then I keep thinking I should just save the money and get more MAC brushes... But I hate using my MAC brushes for every day use so I want a semi decent set of "everyday" brushes....

sunniechan

^^ lol!

@Carina: Yeah, I can see the temptation. The old me would've got the sigma brushes in a heart beat. Because when I like something a lot, I try and not use it so I'll have it for a long time and use it for special occasions. So I would've got a cheaper one to use all the time. But, because of that trait, I've wasted a lot of stuff, so I've learned my lesson. hehehe For example, the old me with the quad 3 would've just used it very rarely and stared at it often.

Totally off topic I found a big eyeshadow by mac called Spice among my nail stuff. I totally forgot about it and it ones one of my first mac purchases around 2000. It's a matte finish and it's soooooo much nicer then matte finish nowdays, also better than matte2 finish. I want matte finishes like that in the current mac now. XD It's like the perfect brown colour for me, too. I'm so excited! ^__^

sambibabe

Haha my Pretty Twisted e/s from 1998-99 feels the exactly same? You should try MUFE mattes.. They are sooo soft and way pigmented!

sunniechan

I'm dying to try MUFE. I'm going to wait until IMATS to try in person, if I can hold off that long
lol.gif

I did some googling of the spice shadow, and it seems that it can be used as a blush, but I won't be able to use it as blush though! The thing is huge!

aussiemacluvrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunniechan
used it very rarely and stared at it often.

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

You just described my makeup habits in one sentence!

sunniechan

^^
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
Yay! Someone like me
greengrin.gif

Another strong underlying reason was, it's so pretty to look at I don't want to ruin it by using it.
lol.gif

aussiemacluvrrr

^^ Haha yep I totally do that too.... My Beauty Powder from Rose Romance has not been touched for this reason.. Such a shame!

Thats why I didnt get the Pearlmatte Face powder from lillyland... Because I knew it would just sit there... :p