Avant Gold release with A Muse?

OnaFyre

I went to my counter last night and got a behind the scenes preview of A Muse. My MA actually took me into the employee area to show me the display, but the cosmetics manager saw us, so I hope she doesn't lose her job or get into too much trouble.
ANYWAY, she mentioned that the Avant Gold stuff was coming out tomorrow as well. Now, I know the official release is next week, but are any other counters or stores putting both out tomorrow? I think she was just wrong or confused, but I'm sooo hoping she's right. I need that 182 brush!

aziajs

Hmmmm....I thought A Muse came out tomorrow and Avant Gold next Thursday. Who knows...

glittergoddess27

Okay after letting this bake in my brain for a bit,.. if Avant Gold was coming out with Amuse wouldnt it be on the site already?? I do think that some stores come out with stuff early, but if this is the case I doubt my freestanding will.

OnaFyre

Ya, I agree. I don't think MAC is releasing them at the same time, but I'm just wondering if certian stores or counters are.

pugmommy7

well, i forgottoday was wed and not thursday and the idiot sa at my fs didn't even know what A muse was and looked as if she didn't know what the hell i was talking about.
jerkit.gif

my fave mua-april, always takes me aside to the supply closet and gives me a sneak peak when she can
graucho.gif

so i'll be back tomm.

koolkatz

Since A Muse came out a week early in pro stores, it makes sense if AG also comes out a week early in pro stores that it would be released on the 20th. Does that make sense? :p A Muse wide release and AG pro store release on the 20th...?

OnaFyre

Okay okay, this could be good. I kinda jumped the gun and ordered most of my A Muse stuff on the website, but if Avant Gold stuff is out then I'll be able to buy more stuff and give my fav MA some business. Were the new brushes out as well? I assume they were, but just want to be sure...

scrapbookromance

I saw the new brushes - AG was out at my store. the fan brush looks like a thinned out smushed 187. its soft on the tips too. the MA told me that its good for highlighting the cheeks with the regular MSFs and can highlight the collar bone when used with the AG MSFs.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaFyre
Were the new brushes out as well? I assume they were, but just want to be sure...

yes the new brushes were out too
smiles.gif

*Stargazer*

My counter didn't have A Muse out when I arrived, so when I asked the MA to get it, she came back with Avant Gold as well. The brushes are AWESOME! I didn't buy any, but I think I'll be going back for them.

I ended up with a very small (for me) haul, but nothing really jumped out at me this collection. I got Shooting Star but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. The Avant Gold MSFs are really interesting and I have a feeling that I am going to wish they were permanent.

divaster

My freestanding store didn't have AG out yet. I wanted to see it! I should have checked at the Nordstrom in the mall while I was there.

By any chance did anyone here happen to see it at any of the LA area Nordies? Farmer's Market, Glendale, Santa Anita or West Hills by any chance? I didn't even see it out at the Pro store this past weekend.

ette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life In Return
So has anyone seen it in stores yet ? Avant Gold ?

I saw it at the pro store and the coverage was super light, and I believe the shades run paler than usual, I thought I would be a light but took a medium. I did not purchase but I may get them when they "officially" come out.

Makeupluvr

You hit the nail on the head! Avant Gold should be out at Pro stores today since the Pro store releases collections a week early. So A Muse was out last Thursday at the Pro store but offically launches today and Avante Gold will be out at the Pro store today and it will officially launch next Thursday. HTH
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkatz
Since A Muse came out a week early in pro stores, it makes sense if AG also comes out a week early in pro stores that it would be released on the 20th. Does that make sense? :p A Muse wide release and AG pro store release on the 20th...?

Katgirl625

I was at the counter this afternoon, and Avant Gold was out right next to A Muse. The m/a was showing me the update book, and she flicked to the page on Avant Gold and said "crap, is this supposed to be out yet?" - in the book, it said the 27th, but she went to the display, read something off the back, and she said it said the 20th. Then she just shrugged and said oh well, it's out. Haha

PigmentJunkie

The MAC freestanding store at Mall of America had Avant Gold out today... The MA said that Avant Gold actually runs a bit darker on the skin than it appears in the pan. The MAC counter inside Nordstrom's downstairs didn't have it out yet.

HTH anyone in the Twin Cities area.
smiles.gif

Latest posts