B2M in London

sweets4

In the UK or the Greater London area, only allows you to B2M for lipsticks (excluding viva glam stuff) which IMO doesnt make sense, as an eyeshadow is cheaper therefore saving MAC more money, but what do I know.
also the House of Fraisers let you just do the pot, not the pan are anything difficult.

Blushbaby

Oh I thought you were asking if you could use e/s pro PANS as well as pots to B2M with in London.

You can only get the perm and slimshine lippies as a B2M item (same goes for the Pro store too).

I wish MAC would just have the same flippin B2M rules worldwide cos it pisses me off how I can get lipsticks, e/s or lipglasses stateside and I'm restricted to only lippies here in England. Grrrr!

MAC sort it out!

Purity

Ah, thanks for sorting that out! Sucks that you can't get eyeshadows
ssad.gif
I might send my B2M's with a friend going to the US instead then... Allthough, lipsticks are better than nothing because we don't have B2M at all here in Sweden!

ThePostcardOrg

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of what is accepted as B2M in the UK?

In the US the packaging for brush cleanser and the mac wipes are accepted, are these accepted in the UK as well? What other items are accepted?

NatalieMT

Really it varies from location to location, which it shouldn't. However outlets in the UK seem generally more accepting of things like depots etc than in the US. Usually when I've taken items back they've not even looked at them.

I would expect the brush cleanser bottle to count, not sure about the wipe packets as I've never tried it, other items you might not think about such as lash containers are good too. Usually the rule is if an item has the B2M logo on it somewhere/on the box it's okay, this means it's classed as primary packaging. However this is what MAC states is not accepted and if it's not on this list I imagine it's good to return for recycling -

1. 1. Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags].
  2. Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits (unless you take them back as a set and it counts as 1)].
  3. Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers].
  4. Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, blot film].
If you're not sure about something you can always ask your local counter or customer services.
greengrin.gif

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
I would expect the brush cleanser bottle to count

I have returned brush cleanser bottles before (in store and by mail) and both were accepted.
yes.gif

Ggxox

I know it's not London, but in Brighton they didn't even look either. I really don't think they're bothered...which is fab!
smiles.gif

xoxo

banana1234

Re: Anyone tried B2M in London?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEclectic
iagree.gif

I B2M at the croydon house of fraser and they didnt check either

that's good to know, its my local, thank you X

banana1234

has anyone B2Md recently, i know in america they're now saying it has to have the metal pan in. I'm from croydon and go to the one in house of fraser, some one said in a post from january that they didn't check, but i don't want to depot them all, if they're gunna say i cant have a lipstick!

I just thought january is a while ago, and things might have changed since then?

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
has anyone B2Md recently, i know in america they're now saying it has to have the metal pan in. I'm from croydon and go to the one in house of fraser, some one said in a post from january that they didn't check, but i don't want to depot them all, if they're gunna say i cant have a lipstick!

I just thought january is a while ago, and things might have changed since then?

I'm not in London, I'm in Oxford - but I went to my local counter a couple of weeks ago and they did not accept my depots. (I've taken depots there before but they said they were having to toughen up recently due to the recession). Boo...

PixiLaura

Has anyone tried to give back the end of an eyeliner with a lid- Do you think they would take it anywhere in london?

Darkness

Yes, I did my first B2M a couple of months ago at the Covent Garden store. I had a couple of e/s that I had depotted. The MA didn't take them out of the bag, just counted them to see if there was six items and then she asked what colour of lipstick I would like.

lolcats

I took depotted eyeshadows to the mac in house of frasier in bluewater about 2 weeks ago and they was fine with them. The woman didn't even count them.

lotty_lot

Good to know! I'll be visiting London in a few weeks and I saved my empties to B2M them, since we don't have that policy in The Netherlands. Yay! I just hope that they accept my depotted eyeshadows...

TigerLilies86

I know this has been asked before, but I wanted to ask again...
but does anyone know if the wipes are accepted as B2M in the London area?

As for depoted eyeshadows, I've never had a problem getting those B2M.
yes.gif

Blushbaby

I know this has been asked before, but I wanted to ask again...
but does anyone know if the wipes are accepted as B2M in the London area?

As for depoted eyeshadows, I've never had a problem getting those B2M.
yes.gif
Not sure - they wouldn't accept my wipes packaging at a store in NY, saying it wasn't plastic. All you can do is try though, I guess.