B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

mel0622

Re: back to mac empties

Does anyone know if you can bring a lip pencil for B2M? I know its any plastics but the cap is made out of plastic. lol And what about the fluidliners and pigment sample jars?

twilightessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0622
Does anyone know if you can bring a lip pencil for B2M? I know its any plastics but the cap is made out of plastic. lol And what about the fluidliners and pigment sample jars?

You can't bring in pencils. Probably not sample jars either. I'm wondering about my mini sample of Zoomlash but I'm guess not on that too LOL.

erine1881

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/b...ck-mac-112982/

and again

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/n...05/index7.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0622

yes to cremestick lip pencils, no to regular lip pencils.
yes to fluidline jars.
no to any and all sample jars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightessence
You can't bring in pencils. Probably not sample jars either. I'm wondering about my mini sample of Zoomlash but I'm guess not on that too LOL.

no to mini mascaras.

candisum

thanks for the info, ladies. it had just been a while since my last B2M. and that is a great idea with the pans. its worth that much for the lipstick.

jungleland

Hi,
could someone please tell me if they accept depotted eyeshadow in Singapore?
I just got my 15 palettes
th_DANCE.gif
and I asked the Ma but she gave a confused look and then said no, so I think that between the blasting music and my italian accent she didn't really understand me!
I was in a hurry so I didn't press the point but if someone could answer me I would be very grateful
smiles.gif

Thank you!

replica

Has anyone been told different things about whether you can choose a limited edition lipstick as you free one when you b2m ? One lady told me I could, so I went in today got another girl serve me who refused, said it was never allowed and even checked with the managers :0 , so that was fun, just wondering if there is an official policy with this ?

fallenang3l211

UPDATE! Girls you will be happy.

So I went to pick up some of my pre-sales from Starflash today and I was chatting with the manager of my MAC counter @ Nordy's. She informed me that they recieved a voicemail saying they can now take eyeshadow pots WITHOUT the metal pan. She called over to the Pro store (San Francisco) to verify this. Policy still remains the same, you can bring in up to 24 empties - enough for 4 lipsticks, shadow, lipglass..whatever. I'm so excited! I have 48 empties, mostly depotted shadows! I thought it'd take forever to b2m these! However once you recycle your plastic pots, the metal pans are no good..so throw them away bc they won't take them. The only metal pans acceptable are the palette refills WITH magnets still attached.

Hope this helps you guys! I'm headed to my Pro store tomorrow so I can b2m for some more goodies
smiles.gif

mizz-marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
UPDATE! Girls you will be happy.

So I went to pick up some of my pre-sales from Starflash today and I was chatting with the manager of my MAC counter @ Nordy's. She informed me that they recieved a voicemail saying they can now take eyeshadow pots WITHOUT the metal pan. She called over to the Pro store (San Francisco) to verify this. Policy still remains the same, you can bring in up to 24 empties - enough for 4 lipsticks, shadow, lipglass..whatever. I'm so excited! I have 48 empties, mostly depotted shadows! I thought it'd take forever to b2m these! However once you recycle your plastic pots, the metal pans are no good..so throw them away bc they won't take them. The only metal pans acceptable are the palette refills WITH magnets still attached.

Hope this helps you guys! I'm headed to my Pro store tomorrow so I can b2m for some more goodies
smiles.gif

Ditto to the bolded. I just called my local freestanding store, and the MA said they "prefer" them with the metal pans in, but you can return just the plastic...i'm going tomorrow!!!

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizz-marcy
Ditto to the bolded. I just called my local freestanding store, and the MA said they "prefer" them with the metal pans in, but you can return just the plastic...i'm going tomorrow!!!

I brought 24 empty shadow cases without the pans to one of my freestanding stores today (in San Francisco on Fillmore St.) and they took all 24 no questions asked. I did call before going in so I wouldn't feel like a reject if they wouldn't take them.

I picked up 4 shadows from Love That Look and left a happy girl! Time to depot
smiles.gif

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyobsessed
Can someone tell me if they take limited edition depots (hello kitty)? I wanted to depot my Tippy blush.

it shouldn't matter if it LE or not, as long as you follow the b2m guidelines it should be fine. if you want to know forsure i'd call and ask
smiles.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
again, its any glass, metal, or plastic mac packaging.

whether its perm or LE doesn't matter.

Poor Erin, having to repeat herself all the time...

plasticLVR

so, this is true for ALL mac freestanding stores? That they WILL take depotted shadows/blushes? I got turned down about a month ago saying that they can't take depotted pots without the metal pan....? And I only had 6 at the time so it's not like I had a crap load..
nope.gif

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticLVR
so, this is true for ALL mac freestanding stores? That they WILL take depotted shadows/blushes? I got turned down about a month ago saying that they can't take depotted pots without the metal pan....? And I only had 6 at the time so it's not like I had a crap load..
nope.gif

They should! When I went the other day the MA wasn't informed of the program changing again, not until she asked one of the other MA's if they were taking depots. I believe they've only been taking depots for about a week or two..so not everyone may be informed! I've learned this the hard way. I didn't want to sound like a bitch about it either, but I've heard stories of MA's reject depots from patrons and not giving them back. I've got 2 freestanding stores near me, one being Pro so I guess I'm kinda lucky. If you bring in depots, you cannot bring back the pans separately to b2m again. The only pans you can bring in are refills! HTH! Sorry for getting so wordy

plasticLVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
They should! When I went the other day the MA wasn't informed of the program changing again, not until she asked one of the other MA's if they were taking depots. I believe they've only been taking depots for about a week or two not..so not everyone may be informed! I've learned this the hard way. I didn't want to sound like a bitch about it either, but I've heard stories of MA's reject depots from patrons and not giving them back. I've got 2 freestanding stores near me, one being Pro so I guess I'm kinda lucky. If you bring in depots, you cannot bring back the pans separately to b2m again. The only pans you can bring in are refills! HTH! Sorry for getting so wordy

Thank you! You are very informative
th_wink3.gif

aeroerin

I've read back about ten pages, but I haven't seen this question asked:

If I mail in my B2M, can I have a choice of free e/s? I'm not near any freestanding store, and I would much rather have another e/s rather than a l/s. TIA!