B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Okay, I e-mailed Customer Service and got this reply for free-standing MACs "any Lipstick (excluding any of the Viva Glam Lipsticks), Clear or Tinted Lipglass (excluding Viva Glam Lipglasses) or a Small Eye Shadow (excluding Mineralize Duo and Pro Palettes)".

I'm guessing their info is outdated? They didn't exclude any LE items, but I really want a MES. I hope I don't run into any problems at the store.
ssad.gif

I'm sure it's outdated, because I was coming to report what Erine1881 posted above.I was so excited about the MES! The artists at my freestanding seemed to be very pleased about the change; I'm assuming because they don't have to tell B2M customers that they can't do this or that. I imagine it makes the experience a bit more pleasant for artists and customers alike.

eskae

This may be a stupid question and may have been answered already but I can't really find the answer...

I'm almost close to finishing my pro pans for blushes and I've heard that at some places you can actually B2M these as long as the original magnet is attached at the back (showing that it is from a pan, and not depotted). Is this true? Or maybe it depends... because the Vancouver pro and freestanding stores say no, so I just wanted to make sure.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we got a memo the other day at work with the updated list of freebies you can get with the extended B2M program at stores. here ya go!

lipstick (including special packaging)
slimshine
prolongwear
prolongwear lustre

lipglass (including special packaging)
lustreglass
lipgelee
plushglass
prolongwear gloss coat
dazzleglass
tricolour lipglass
see thru lipcolour

small shadow (including special packaging)(not pans)
MES

YAY! Thanks for the info Erin!!

Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskae
This may be a stupid question and may have been answered already but I can't really find the answer...

I'm almost close to finishing my pro pans for blushes and I've heard that at some places you can actually B2M these as long as the original magnet is attached at the back (showing that it is from a pan, and not depotted). Is this true? Or maybe it depends... because the Vancouver pro and freestanding stores say no, so I just wanted to make sure.

I think it depends on the store. I know that in Calgary they take the pans. Or at least they used to.

kayley123

For some reason I thought I read somewhere that they are limiting the number of empties you can B2M at one time to 4--is that true? I have enough for 5 or 6, and since the closest MAC counter is about 75 minutes away, I'd hate to have to make 2 trips.
Also, if they are limiting it, I was planning to go to a mall that has a freestanding store and a counter in one of its department stores; would I be able to do 4 at the freestanding, and then the others at the counter?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
For some reason I thought I read somewhere that they are limiting the number of empties you can B2M at one time to 4--is that true? I have enough for 5 or 6, and since the closest MAC counter is about 75 minutes away, I'd hate to have to make 2 trips.
Also, if they are limiting it, I was planning to go to a mall that has a freestanding store and a counter in one of its department stores; would I be able to do 4 at the freestanding, and then the others at the counter?

some stores that have received the updated memo accepting depots are enforcing the 4 item max rule that is new. some places aren't. i'm not sure if keystone has put a cap at 4, but if they have, yes, you can pop over to nodies or castleton for more.

we haven't gotten any notice putting a limit, so you should call and see what each location is allowing.

LeeleeBell

My experience with B2M today...

I went in to the MAC store with my 6 eyeshadow containers (sans plastic and tin pans)...
having followed a tut on how to depot....all excited to get my free lipstick. The MUA
at MAC said "oh no, it has to have the plastic AND tin pan in it, not just the container"...
sigh. I had the plastic melted pans at home, but the tin pans? Nope wasn't going to be able to
give her that.

SO....have you all been told the same thing? Just wondering if I had an extra special person
taking care of me lol...I decided to drag my butt down to the Nordstrom store and see what
the lady at the MAC counter there said. She said technically they are supposed to have the
other part of the container too, but she would take it. Phew!

So I walked out happy, with my new lipstick "Craving"
icon_e_biggrin.gif

I doubt I will be doing anymore B2M cuz I like the idea of having a palette (will just buy the refill pans from now on)...but I just wanted to know if anyone else was told the same thing?

gildedangel

Re: My experience with B2M today...

Yes, it is MAC policy to have to have the tin pans in the pots. I buy the tin pans online for cheap for when I depot. I push the new pan in there while the plastic is still hot and the extra glue in there holds it in. Extra pans are nice to have anyway for broken shadows and piggie pressing. The refill pans themselves are B2M-able as well, so when you run out of a shadow you can turn it in. Enjoy your new lippy!

TISH1124

well actually people are being told two different things...so we are unsure what the "Policy" is.....One store says the policy is they can take them and another says the 'Policy" is they cannot...So since I have not seen the policy I have no clue what the real rules are. But it is frustrating to be told different things at different stores..One of the MAC Mgrs on this forum says that that is not the policy and they are supossed to take them...I just wish everyone would be consistent.

fash10nista

I had another B2M haul yesterday and the MA was okay taking the pots without the pans in them...

I also agree that consistency among all MAC locations (stores/counters) would be nice...
thmbup.gif

Susimoo

Hi Everyone
I did my first back to mac on saturday and they accepted my depotted shadow cases. Surprised they did though cos I had read before that it was a bit of a hit or miss depending on counter/sa. I got hug me and I love it and not just because it was free!!
mac_addict.gif

Susanhttp://www.specktra.net/forum/images/smilies/mac_addict.gif

DILLIGAF

I was told at my counter that they technically aren't supposed to take them without the pans. However the MUAs at my local store take them from me. It may help that I'm always in there. Plus me walking through the door is usually a guaranteed sale.

kayley123

I went to the MAC freestanding at Keystone in Indianapolis (Indiana) last week and got 4 freebies. The MA had no problem with my depots without the pans, but I did have problems because she said I couldn't get anything with LE packaging or LE colors. I sort of wanted one of the See-Thru lip colors and a rose romance e/s but I also didn't want to be a pain in the butt for her, especially since she was generally very nice and helpful, so I just chose some other stuff. And I don't know if this a a little snarky of me, but I was afraid she might decide not to take some of my stuff if I argued with her.
I assume MAs don't get commission for B2Ms, do they? I felt a little bad since I took up some of her time (the store wasn't crowded, but my presence kept 1 or 2 people waiting while she helped me pick a lipstick color...there seemed to be only 2 people working at the time, a 3rd showed up when I was leaving) so I bought some wipes so that she would get some commission from my being there. Does that help her?

erine1881

Quote:
I went to the MAC freestanding at Keystone in Indianapolis (Indiana) last week and got 4 freebies. The MA had no problem with my depots without the pans, but I did have problems because she said I couldn't get anything with LE packaging or LE colors. I sort of wanted one of the See-Thru lip colors and a rose romance e/s but I also didn't want to be a pain in the butt for her, especially since she was generally very nice and helpful, so I just chose some other stuff. And I don't know if this a a little snarky of me, but I was afraid she might decide not to take some of my stuff if I argued with her.
I assume MAs don't get commission for B2Ms, do they? I felt a little bad since I took up some of her time (the store wasn't crowded, but my presence kept 1 or 2 people waiting while she helped me pick a lipstick color...there seemed to be only 2 people working at the time, a 3rd showed up when I was leaving) so I bought some wipes so that she would get some commission from my being there. Does that help her?

Only the nordies mac artists get commission since they work for nordies and not mac.

I'm surprised that they wouldn't let you get LE colors. I'm not surprised they didn't let you get special packaging. Unfortunately they dont always read up-to-date on policies.

Do you remember who helped you?

kayley123

Quote:
Only the nordies mac artists get commission since they work for nordies and not mac.

I'm surprised that they wouldn't let you get LE colors. I'm not surprised they didn't let you get special packaging. Unfortunately they dont always read up-to-date on policies.

Do you remember who helped you?

I don't remember her name...she had to have the other MA put in a code for the B2M items though.

erine1881

Quote:
I don't remember her name...she had to have the other MA put in a code for the B2M items though.

I'll ask about it at update tmrw and let you know. We got the paper that lists what is and isn't allowed for b2m. They must not have gotten it or failed to read it.
th_dunno.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I don't know if this is the proper place for this (mods please move if it isn't) but if there is someone whose MAC free-standing store takes depots without the pan, could you please PM me. I'd love to work something out where I can send my depots to someone. Thanks!

kayley123

Quote:
I'll ask about it at update tmrw and let you know. We got the paper that lists what is and isn't allowed for b2m. They must not have gotten it or failed to read it.
th_dunno.gif

Thanks erine, that's very nice of you!
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I don't know if this is the proper place for this (mods please move if it isn't) but if there is someone whose MAC free-standing store takes depots without the pan, could you please PM me. I'd love to work something out where I can send my depots to someone. Thanks!

Twinkle, I think all the stores and counters are supposed to be taking depots now...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Thanks erine, that's very nice of you!
yahoo.gif

Twinkle, I think all the stores and counters are supposed to be taking depots now...

Okay, well I will try again at my store. Thanks!

Strawberrymold

B2M empties

Hope this is in the right place...

Do the pigment vials count as empties?
Do I have to turn the whole set in at once or does each one count?

thanks