B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

erine1881

Re: B2M Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
When I hit the bottom of the pan and it starts to get empty, I used to toss it since I already B2M the empty shadow container... but why can't I put the empty metal pan back in the depoted container and take that back to Mac?

uh, you can.

can someone please merge this thread with one of the many others like it please?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmae
Can I turn in an empty eyelash container as a B2M?

no. accessories and their packaging don't count.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
Can I take back an empty brush cleaner bottle? How about Strobe Cream tube?

yes.gif
and
yes.gif

You can take back everything but pencils that you sharpen, brushes and accessories (and their packaging).

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yes.gif
and
yes.gif

You can take back everything but pencils that you sharpen, brushes and accessories (and their packaging).

Thanks so much! That means I'll have enough empties to get 3 eyeshadows!! Yay!

Now if hubby would just drive me to the f/s in Tampa.....
sneaky.gif

kayley123

Could a MAC artist please tell me whether or not they will accept an empty LE Beauty Powder compact? I have the empty compact with the tiger stripes (Peaceful Beauty Powder from Raquel Welch line) I am guessing this has been asked on the thread already somewhere but I can't find it. I apologize for gumming up the thread with a question that's probably a repeat.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
Could a MAC artist please tell me whether or not they will accept an empty LE Beauty Powder compact? I have the empty compact with the tiger stripes (Peaceful Beauty Powder from Raquel Welch line) I am guessing this has been asked on the thread already somewhere but I can't find it. I apologize for gumming up the thread with a question that's probably a repeat.

i will quote myself. this was 3 posts above yours.

Quote:

kayley123

Quote:
i will quote myself. this was 3 posts above yours.

Oh dear...that's embarrassing.
sweatdrop.gif
Sorry!

viola84

Hi everyone!
Not sure if this the right place to ask, but Iam from the netherlands and the macpro shop in amsterdam and in antwerp (belgium) doesnt do back 2 mac.
Im going on holiday to prague does anyone know if they do back 2 mac?

erine1881

we got a memo the other day at work with the updated list of freebies you can get with the extended B2M program at stores. here ya go!

lipstick (including special packaging)
slimshine
prolongwear
prolongwear lustre

lipglass (including special packaging)
lustreglass
lipgelee
plushglass
prolongwear gloss coat
dazzleglass
tricolour lipglass
see thru lipcolour

small shadow (including special packaging)(not pans)
MES

Phannimal

Re: B2M Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustleRose
that sucks - i've been lucky with my local mac store. there is one girl that works there that will just look into the bag with the b2m items and make sure the right number of items is in there and then just toss them into the b2m bin. i make sure to specifically go there on days i see she is there on.

sneaky i know.
smiles.gif

HAHA. This sounds like my very first B2M experience...it could have also been that their place was super busy that night for me anyways.

I was surprised that the MA didn't inspect every single item I had turned in...then again, I didn't have any shadows or blushes, which have the strict "NO DEPOTTING" rule on them.
th_dunno.gif

MissBrittB87

I just B2M'ed a bunch of depotted eyeshadows and stuff and didn't have a problem with it. But I know the MUA very well so that might be why....*Shrugs*

Phannimal

Quote:
we got a memo the other day at work with the updated list of freebies you can get with the extended B2M program at stores. here ya go!

slimshine
prolongwear
prolongwear lustre

lustreglass
lipgelee
plushglass
prolongwear gloss coat
dazzleglass
tricolour lipglass
see thru lipcolour

MES

Thanks for that list
smiles.gif

But I had a confusing experience today with B2M.

I tried to B2M for a Saint Germain lippie at a MAC counter in Macy's for my sister. They told me that I couldn't do that cuz it's an LE lippie and only lippies in the permanent line are eligible. I thought MAC counters were allowed to offer any lippie besides VIVA GLAM cuz its funds go to charity (like the pro stores). I had previously B2M'ed for Way to Love which is a LE lippie (correct me if I'm wrong), so why is there a restriction on Saint Germain?

I even went so far as to call the pro store and ask them if there was a new rule. They said I should be able to B2M for Saint Germain, but that their store was out of stock.

So...the only thing I can think of is since Saint Germain is sold out in pro stores and this Macy's counter happened to have some left, they decided to make their own rule. Or that maybe a new memo about eligible B2M lippies came out recently.

Does anyone know what the deal is? I really want to get one for my sis...either that or I'll have to get Pink Nouveau or even Snob instead of the lippie she wanted initially
ssad.gif

erine1881

^^^you should've been able to get it. i work at a macy's mac counter, and i posted that memo info the day we got the memo. that's the mos recent information we've gotten about B2M. we've forever given LE lipsticks for B2M, with or without special packaging. we still take depots too.

Curly1908

Quote:

slimshine
prolongwear
prolongwear lustre

lustreglass
lipgelee
plushglass
prolongwear gloss coat
dazzleglass
tricolour lipglass
see thru lipcolour

MES

WOW!
th_DANCE.gif

Curly1908

Okay, I e-mailed Customer Service and got this reply for free-standing MACs "any Lipstick (excluding any of the Viva Glam Lipsticks), Clear or Tinted Lipglass (excluding Viva Glam Lipglasses) or a Small Eye Shadow (excluding Mineralize Duo and Pro Palettes)".

I'm guessing their info is outdated? They didn't exclude any LE items, but I really want a MES. I hope I don't run into any problems at the store.
ssad.gif