B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
Yay!!

Any word if this is just in Canada or the US also?

It'll take me forever to go through a whole vial of pigment unless I dump all of the product out into a separate container which I might do, just so I can B2M soon again!

[\quote]

I'm not too sure.. I would give your local store a call. I think I may also pour out my vials since I can't get a brush in those silly little things anyways. But they are just soooo darn cute. I am a sucker for little glass containers of anything
winks.gif

I must admit that they are cute lol! But nope, you can't use a brush with them. I've got to carefully pour out a small amount of pigment on a tissue or something.

I already got a special bead storage container from Michael's for them. The individual like compartment locks. So if I have one compartment open and happen to knock the container over, all my other pigments won't be spilled. Just wish they made it with more compartments though.

I asked my MA at the counter and she said yes I definitely bring them all in and I can do B2M! So wooohooo!!

brittnance

B2M Problem

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the B2M sticky or not- wasn't sure if this was considered a question about the policy, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I went earlier this evening to my local MAC store with some empties to B2M, and they would not accept them. They were depotted (eyeshadows & blushes) but had the pans. I was told that they "just received an email recently" saying that they weren't allowed to accept anything depotted because now all of the packaging had to be intact.

I haven't B2M'ed anything for awhile so, I was wondering just how new this policy is? I haven't heard of this, but maybe I just missed it. lol
th_dunno.gif

minni4bebe

Re: B2M Problem

It seems like it depends on the place you go too. My freestanding has one person who will always deny them and everyone else takes them and then all the counters I go to take them, so I guess it depends =\

mrsdarcy001

I'm in Orlando too. The SA warned me the last time I bought potted shadows that if I depotted them I couldn't B2M them. That was at the Millenia Pro Store. I don't know about the FL Mall store.

brittnance

The Florida Mall store was where they told me this today. I was thinking of maybe trying a counter or something before I just tossed them all, just to see. It really sucks to just have to toss all of that packaging.
ssad.gif

X4biddenxLustX

^^ I know, it's such a waste really. Cause I'm sure not going to stop depotting and those empties are just gonna have to be trashed out =[

My counter as of last time I B2M'd ( just like a week or two ago really) still took depots.

skankinj

If you can't get another counter to take them, you can always take them to the Origins counter and they'll recycle it. You won't get the free product, but you'll keep it out of the landfills.

koukla032487

The counter at my house still accepts them. The manager told me they still take them because they can check if it's a "fake" pan or not by the sticker at the bottom...so it doesn't matter if you just take by the pans themselves (as long as they're the original) or the depotted piece as a B2M item. So it depends on the MAC counter/store you go to!

brittnance

Hmm. Maybe that's why they didn't take them- I'm very OCD about the pans sticking to my palettes so I always clean the glue off the bottom, and usually just keep the sticker stuck in my palette. They probably thought they were fake pans. haha

HustleRose

that sucks - i've been lucky with my local mac store. there is one girl that works there that will just look into the bag with the b2m items and make sure the right number of items is in there and then just toss them into the b2m bin. i make sure to specifically go there on days i see she is there on.

sneaky i know.
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankinj
If you can't get another counter to take them, you can always take them to the Origins counter and they'll recycle it. You won't get the free product, but you'll keep it out of the landfills.

My Origins buddy told me that they give a sample. Not sure what kind, though.

xxManBeaterxx

I depot my shadows carefully so it doesnt deform the plastic insert too badly, and i just glue on an empty 26mm pan, dirty the pan a lil bit, it really looks like i didnt do a thing to it

B2M rules varies greatly amongst MA's and stores

kittykit

I believe the rules vary in different counters. I'm in Europe and I read about the B2M thread before bringing my empties there. I asked the MA if it was OK that my e/s pots were without the pans. She said it didn't matter because they wanted the 'plastic'.

I hope you find another store that will accept your empties.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I depot my shadows carefully so it doesnt deform the plastic insert too badly, and i just glue on an empty 26mm pan, dirty the pan a lil bit, it really looks like i didnt do a thing to it

I have a sneaking suspicion that they're cracking down all over, especially with this economy. Refusing to accept depots is one way they can control what's going in and out. I'm going to take a page outta ManBeater's book and buy some pans. I'm not going to waste all those depots I already have. Plus LE shadows only come in pot-form, and I'm trying go to strictly palettes. From now on, I'll buy only perm shadows in pan form, and get some pans for my LE depots. I know there's a link around here somewhere where you can buy those pans cheap...

Oh, and does anyone know if there are blush pans available? I really want to depot one more palette's worth of blushes, but I won't if I can't turn 'em in.

ETA - the heat method seems to work best for depotting as it doesn't mangle the pots beyond recognition.

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I have a sneaking suspicion that they're cracking down all over, especially with this economy. Refusing to accept depots is one way they can control what's going in and out. I'm going to take a page outta ManBeater's book and buy some pans. I'm not going to waste all those depots I already have. Plus LE shadows only come in pot-form, and I'm trying go to strictly palettes. From now on, I'll buy only perm shadows in pan form, and get some pans for my LE depots. I know there's a link around here somewhere where you can buy those pans cheap...

Oh, and does anyone know if there are blush pans available? I really want to depot one more palette's worth of blushes, but I won't if I can't turn 'em in.

ETA - the heat method seems to work best for depotting as it doesn't mangle the pots beyond recognition.

Heat by a candle is definiately the best method to use. I've tried the hair straightener method (which btw actually ruined 2 of my eye shadows because it acts like an oven which baked my eye shadows into soild rocks) The non non heat method works great too, but it takes too long and the glue is too messy to deal with.

I've never seen empty blush pans before
ssad.gif

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx

I tried to ask about this at my local counter and they didn't know what I was talking about... but you guys will...

Okay, follow me here...

We depot out shadows and then put the little pan in our 15 size pallettes.

When I hit the bottom of the pan and it starts to get empty, I used to toss it since I already B2M the empty shadow container... but why can't I put the empty metal pan back in the depoted container and take that back to Mac?

Latest posts