Back-ups of LE MAC products??

pugmommy7

the only thing i got backups of are the natural msf(think i need another one in light actually
winks.gif

and pink resort tlc, but not es or anything like that. too many,and i will find things i like as well as they come along.
I do wish i'd have gotten another pink cabana though
rofl.gif

Juneplum

if it's an LE product that i REALLY love and use a lot, i'll get backups. i'd rather pay retail when it launches than have to pay $9995609475093457 for it on ebay when i've used it up and it's not available anymore..

Eilinoir

I've only ever bought single back-ups twice -- once for Peacocked Soft Sparkle Pencil (b/c pencils are regularly sharpened and will run out fast) and once for Shimpagne b/c it's great as an everyday product.
Those will likely be my only back-ups ever.

Even w/ that last sentiment, I'd say I will never buy back-ups of lipglosses or anything else that is wet in texture. It's just gross - moisture breeds bacteria and even when unopened, wet products generally have a much shorter lifespan and will "turn" a lot sooner than dry products.

calbear

I buy backups all the time (especially b4 I was an employee) cause when MAC makes a great product for darker skin you better get it and get a lot cause you may never see a color like it again. I don't know if we will ever see So Ceylon or Metal Rock ever again as well of some of the richer pigmented eyeshadows.

liquidsirenhoney

I buy backups of MSFs but that is it i have never bought a back up for a lipglass or eyeshadow...i don't think i could ever finish a whole eyeshadow...and with all the new collections i don't think i would need a back up.

ellemarie

I never buy backups. I like to try new things all the time and I've never actually hit bottom on anything.

CWHF

The only backups I have purchased, all three of which I use almost daily:

Pink Apertif---my perfect lipstick, first one down to a nub. Would actually get another backup of this it is so perfect.

So Ceylon MSF---I had 2 backups and swapped 1, because it was crazy to have that many. I will keep the one backup because it is my perfect MSF along with gold deposit, which I'd love to have a backup of but is so hard to find.

Smooth Harmony beauty powder (Diana Ross collection)---this is the perfect face powder for me, color, texture, finish, everything. I really wish this were permanent. It's on the way.

I have swapped for backups of other things (mainly lippies---Oolong). I think I will try to swap for them in the future and they are very few things I'd get a backup of. Eyeshadows it would just be silly for me to get backups of since I never hit pan.

I figure if I don't get backups it's just an opportunity to discover something else great.

baby_love

I agree with Junneplum. I'd rather pay 13.50 for an eyeshadow, than 113.50 if it gets really popular and hard to find (Pretty Twisted! you cannot find one for under a hundred.) I used to buy two more of each color, but now I'll just buy one, and I'm swapping the others away (except Waternymph.)

I guess that I'm kind of crazy with backups. I got Lucky Green last year and I'm almost out and didn't buy a backup, so now I'm deathly afraid of running out of ANY LE product.

I just won't buy backups of LE pigments, I barely have made a dent in some pigments I bought a year and a half ago! so I don't need more than one of each.

MaryJane

I agree with Baby Love and Juneplum...I have actually hit bottom on some lipsticks and glosses and because they were LE the prices on e-bay were insane. Compared to alot of other brands, MAC's prices are reasonable so I don't feel too guilty about getting back-ups. If it turns out I do get tired of a back-up, it goes in my back to mac pile or I give it away to a friend.

I've been known to make alot of impulse purchases when a new collection comes out, sometimes I fall in love w/a color in the store even though I know deep down it will never work on me or it's a color I won't make much use of. From now on I plan on being more selective when it comes to new collections ~ I'd rather spend my $$ on a back-up of something I know I like and that looks good on me rather than experimenting with something I'll like for a few weeks but then will never wear again.

BTW..I did get a back-up of Blonde on Blonde! :)

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWHF
Th
Smooth Harmony beauty powder (Diana Ross collection)---this is the perfect face powder for me, color, texture, finish, everything. I really wish this were permanent. It's on the way.

OH MY GOOOODDNESS-I hate that I missed this product and now I am trading like mad to find it. AND you just HAD to make it sound soooo amazing ARGH!!!!!!

sigwing

I have a tote full of backups of mostly eyeshadows and msf's, several quads. When stuff is LE and I know it's something I really like and shades I use, I go ahead and get a backup. I think I've hit pan on one of my first eyeshadows, Bisque, it's even in the old large container, and I'm close on my first Omega. I've used some of my stash to dip into and fix up a little makeup case as a gift for my niece, last Christmas. I have LE quads because I actually need the Summerwear one, and I've discovered the warm Patternmaker palette has some LE shades in it I need, and I sort of accidentally got 2 of each of those, which I'm glad. I guess the main reason is so I know I have them if I want or need them. When it's something you can easily sell somewhere or use as a gift that would really excite somebody, like my nieces or sister-in-law, I'm not out anything for having them. I'd have spent the money on something else anyway.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
wavey.gif
eyelove.gif
thmbup.gif
clap.gif
I ain't too proud to beg!
lmao.gif
What song was that from anyway?

It's "Ain't Too Proud To Beg", by the Temptations (1966).
dance.gif

The only thing I've ever purchased a backup of was "Light My Fire" l/g. I ran through two of them like gangbusters, wish I'd gotten a third. What I really wish is that they'd bring it back!!

ilovexnerdsx

i haven't yet bought any backups, though i seriously debated it with pompous blue. i finally decided that i could find something really similar later down the line, though.

plkitten13

the only backup i've ever purchased was budding l/g. it was one of my first m.a.c products, and at the time i wore it every day. i still wear it regularly, and i'm almost halfway through my first tube, so i figure it was worth it. i'd love a backup of goldbit e/s too - it's my only e/s with a dip, and it's my daily standby.

nothing else has ever really struck my fancy though. i figure i'll find something else i love, even if it's not very similar. plus there's always the gone but not forgotten program. =)

Cool Kitten

I have back-ups of Porcelain Pink and Petticoat MSFs, that's about it.
It takes me forever to use up an e/s, so i don't see a point in getting back-ups.