bad customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimmer

it's also against their policy to deny a purchase based on the amount of the transaction.
smiles.gif

Dizzy

Quote:
A signature match from the back panel to the receipt is all that is required per VISA/MC merchant agreement.

Yup, but VISA/MC is also very strict about people signing their cards. You can't have a "SEE ID" written in that space or have an unsigned card- the cards are void then. I got reamed a new one for running one when I was new.

Cruella

Dear God, I can't BELIEVE some of the responses on here!

"She might have been having a bad day."
"MAs are human, too."

You know what? Tough! If you make the conscious decision to work with people, suck it up & deal. I worked in retail for years and I currently work with the public (I'm a librarian) and I'm dealing with the mentally ill constantly and I don't take my bad mood out on ANYONE. You suck it up and you act pleasant, even if your boyfriend broke up with you, you broke a nail or you've got cramps. If that's too hard to do, go the hell home and then get a job working someplace where you don't have to see another human being for 8 hours.

rant.gif

Shimmer

I disagree. Everyone has bad days. No one's perfect, and everyone has a day when they just aren't on their game. Taking it out on the customers IS wrong, but a) she's got bills to pay, so she needs to be there and b) I'd be willing to bet that were someone to canvas the customers who use the store in question, the girl would have just as many people say "OH I LOVE HER" as they do people who say "Can't stand the bitch". There's a girl at my freestanding that is super sweet to everyone else. She and I though, just don't click. I come in she makes the standard "Have you been helped" and then moves on. We don't mesh, I know it, she knows it, we both avoid each other, there's no hostility and I don't buy from her. My fifty bucks, hundred bucks, whatever, goes to someone else, and that's fine. I don't hold it against her, there are people who adore her, and that's great, but just because I come in waving a credit card around and wanting to buy this that or the other doesn't mean she should jump up and start kissing my ass. We don't click, so we don't push the issue. It's really simple.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
it's also against their policy to deny a purchase based on the amount of the transaction.
smiles.gif

Yup, minimum and maximum purchases on credit card transactions or additional fees are against TOS as well. And Dizzy is also correct, siging your card CID or See ID violates YOUR agreement with the card issuer and negates and zero liability policies they have for covering fraudulent purchases.

Cruella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I disagree. Everyone has bad days. No one's perfect, and everyone has a day when they just aren't on their game. Taking it out on the customers IS wrong, but a) she's got bills to pay, so she needs to be there and b) I'd be willing to bet that were someone to canvas the customers who use the store in question, the girl would have just as many people say "OH I LOVE HER" as they do people who say "Can't stand the bitch". There's a girl at my freestanding that is super sweet to everyone else. She and I though, just don't click. I come in she makes the standard "Have you been helped" and then moves on. We don't mesh, I know it, she knows it, we both avoid each other, there's no hostility and I don't buy from her. My fifty bucks, hundred bucks, whatever, goes to someone else, and that's fine. I don't hold it against her, there are people who adore her, and that's great, but just because I come in waving a credit card around and wanting to buy this that or the other doesn't mean she should jump up and start kissing my ass. We don't click, so we don't push the issue. It's really simple.

I'm not saying that you always have to be oozing enthusiasm or kissing the customer's ass, I am saying that you need to be cordial & professional. There are a bunch of people who come into my workplace whom I loathe & would happily push down a flight of stairs, but I am pleasant & help them and that's that. I don't knock myself out over them but I do what I get paid to do. However, I'm never rude or snotty. I'll wait until they leave & then trash-talk them
lmao.gif
, but to their face I'm a professional. We all have bills to pay but there is something called CHOOSING YOUR VOCATION. I'll say it again, don't work with people if you can't deal with it.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
no one there speaks spanish.

A store isn't obligated to have a Spanish speaking clerk, much like it isn't obligated to have Chinese, French, German, etc. speaking clerk. That isn't a real reason to complain, unless MAC started advertising that they are going to always have a Spanish speaking SA along.

I couldn't read your entry, but you are indeed overreacting. Calling the newspapers? Unless there's a lot more to the story, like better proof of racial discrimination, the newspapers aren't going to really care about it. Bad customer service sucks, but it happens every second somewhere. There are so many reasons for it that it isn't newsworthy at all or something that you can really do anything about, besides not shop somewhere.

It sounds like you have a problem with one SA. If that's true, complain to the manager and relay concise, rational things she hasn't done that are an issue. There's a chain of coffee shops that I hate because of their customer service. Hands down, every single one has had bad service, so I don't go there and go to places where there's decent service. If you don't care for MAC's service, don't go there. Let your money do the talking instead of trying to do whatever it is you're trying to do. Also, file a calm, rational letter about what happened. I do that all the time with places who aren't up to par (I also send letters for great service).

I get carded for crazy stuff. I've been carded for my credit cards, when other people haven't. Hell, I was even carded when I was buying a lighter (don't ask, because I don't get it). It's perfectly legal to do that. It's dumb of places not to card everyone with credit cards, but as far as discriminations go, that isn't bad at all.

I don't know what MAC's policy is on holding items, but the other person might've violated policy.

Quote:
A state ID (which you get at the DMV) looks almost exactly the same as a driver's license minus some minor details. I remember during my freshman year and such in high school some kids would flash their state IDs and we would all go "No you didn't get your driver's license! No way! Let me see it!" and then find out it was only a state ID lol. I mean, about the MA saying that they only take driver's license, the MA might have not known what a state ID even is because for me, if I didn't have a bunch of kids flashing their State IDs when I was younger, I would have never known about it!

State IDs usually have a big "THIS IS NOT A DRIVER'S LICENSE" on them. Some states make the license go one way (vertical) and the IDs the other (horizontal).

Dizzy

Quote:
You know what? Tough! If you make the conscious decision to work with people, suck it up & deal.

But if you look in the post, she never said anything about the MA being a bitch. The MA just wasn't all overly-hyper to help her out, and she construed that as bitchiness. 'Dirty looks' are an opinion- that girl could have just had a bitchy face, she could have been squinting from bad vision, etc. Rude remarks, again, are often percieved. People have told my managers that I was rude or had an attitude for telling them "No, I'm sorry, I can't do that" because a lot of people have a sense of entitlement.

Is this the case here? I don't know, and I can't know because we're hearing one side of it, and in rather vague detail. But retail is tough, and it's definately not for everyone, but that doesn't mean that associates/MA's need to bend over backwards for every single demand the customer makes. Cordial and professional is can be construed as cold and uncaring to someone who really wants to make a complaint. Quite frankly, you cannot keep EVERY customer happy, so as long as they try, I really don't see a problem with unhappy clients every now and again. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.