Bagel Heads?

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelyanaphonexia
Huh, she was the first person I had ever met who pronounced Bagel like that. I asked her once why she said Bagel the way she did, and she said that it was because everyone in her home town told her Texans said Bagel that way and she should try to fit in. I always wondered why she didn't catch on to everyone around her not saying it with a short a.
th_dunno.gif

I pronounce crayon cray'on. I know some people who say "crowns" and "cran" too. But then I tend to "over" pronounce words. I tend to add the "w" sound to words like white and whip. Weird.
ssad.gif

YouTube - Family Guy- Cool Whip ?

Dahlia_Rayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
/\ lol....Funny you say that. There are two words that I consistently have to fight not to mispronounce: bagel and burglary. Seriously, I don't know what is my frickin' problem with those two words, but I always have to stop and think about it before I say them.

For bagels, instead of saying bay-g'l, I want to say Bag'l. For burglary, I want to say buglary (omitting the first r). It makes me sound so friggin' ridiculous when I say it like that.

OK, off topic question. Do any of you pronounce the word "crayon" like "cran"? I have heard a few others who do. I do and my DH loves to give me crap about it.

Yep, I say "cran"...nobody really calls me on it though. I do get made fun of for how I say things like kitten and mitten. For some reason I make the t's kind of soft, my husband thinks this is hilarious!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
Yep, I say "cran"...nobody really calls me on it though. I do get made fun of for how I say things like kitten and mitten. For some reason I make the t's kind of soft, my husband thinks this is hilarious!

Mr RR seems to spend his life laughing at me because I've got a "phone voice". Apparently when I'm on the phone I speak the Queen's English and pronounce my words properly and the second I'm off teh phone I turn into a voice slob.

nelyanaphonexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
YouTube - Family Guy- Cool Whip ?

lol. that really made me chuckle. makes me wanna go watch family guy and eat an ice cream sundae. yummm. does no one else say the "w" in those words? I never really thought about it until someone called me on it a couple months ago.
th_dunno.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
Mr RR seems to spend his life laughing at me because I've got a "phone voice". Apparently when I'm on the phone I speak the Queen's English and pronounce my words properly and the second I'm off teh phone I turn into a voice slob.

I do the same thing. lol

BTW, my "professional" phone voice is just as yours is. lol!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I do the same thing. lol

BTW, my "professional" phone voice is just as yours is. lol!

According to him I have a phone voice, a court voice and a work voice which differ. Apparently my poshest voice is my court voice.

The sad thing is my phone voice kicks in regardless of who I'm on the phone to, I could be speaking to my mum and she will get the phone voice.
blush-anim-cl.gif