Bare Escentuals (all)

mandirigma

Bare Escentuals Shadow

I didn't put this in the other BE thread because it seemed like mostly foundation talk, but (mods) feel free to merge if necessary.

These shadows are MY NEW OBSESSION. I can see how they're probably a b-eezy to travel with, but the one shadow I have so far goes on so easy with such pretty color. I only have Citrus Twist right now, which is the perfect peach shadow, but I'm going to Ulta with my 3.50 coupon today to get another.

What are some other good colors that are unique from MAC ones?

TIA! :thumbsup:

MargaretD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
I didn't put this in the other BE thread because it seemed like mostly foundation talk, but (mods) feel free to merge if necessary.

These shadows are MY NEW OBSESSION. I can see how they're probably a b-eezy to travel with, but the one shadow I have so far goes on so easy with such pretty color. I only have Citrus Twist right now, which is the perfect peach shadow, but I'm going to Ulta with my 3.50 coupon today to get another.

What are some other good colors that are unique from MAC ones?

TIA! :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that Ulta does not allow the use of coupons for BE as it is a prestige line.

Unusual shades to check out are Azure, Chameleon, Queen Tiffany, Gold Leaf, Foliage, Vine, and Sugar Plum liner. I also really love Hyacinth, Vanilla Sugar, Camp, Hopscotch, Cocoa, Devotion, Drama.

user3

I don't wear BE eyeshadows that much anymore but I have to say I really like the Wine Country Glimpses set. I don't how unique the colors are but I know they're pretty
greengrin.gif

I think it's pretty safe to say you'll probably find similar colors between them all but BE has a different texture and while I love my MAC pigments BE's loose e/s seems to be easier to blend.

Locke

I just started using mineral mu a month ago after I realized that the foundation I had been using for 3 years was killing my skin (I know!). I used BE for about 3 weeks and I really liked a lot of things about it but the bismuth in it made my skin itch. I did some research and ordered a kit from www.everydayminerals.com. I've only been using it for a few days now, but it's fantastic! I swear their foundation covers better, looks nicer, and lasts longer than BE. They don't use any fillers/preservatives/bismuth and their prices are half of BE's! I'd really reccomend them to anyone with a sensitivity to the bismuth in BE or anyone cringing at the cost of BE.

Locke
wavey.gif

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
I don't wear BE eyeshadows that much anymore but I have to say I really like the Wine Country Glimpses set. I don't how unique the colors are but I know they're pretty
greengrin.gif

I think it's pretty safe to say you'll probably find similar colors between them all but BE has a different texture and while I love my MAC pigments BE's loose e/s seems to be easier to blend.

Chardonnay is really pretty. And I hate chardonnay. I'm more of a sauvignon blanc girl myself.

pugmommy7

ok, so my starter (bare esentuals) kit arrived today. I am so glad I got the light/fairly light. I am a nw20-25.
I was so skeptical. I was like" ok this better be frikkin' miraculous"
And IT WAS!
th_worship.gif

OMG I was as happy as the cheeseballs on the infomecial
eyelove.gif
. It really is great stuff and made my recently crepe-y undereye area look so much better.(I am only 32!-ha ha! but having two kids in the last three years has left me tired and dehydrated 99% of the time)
It is not ultra dewy/shiny on me either.
I did use the "revver upper" that came with it uder the makeup and my cheeks are feeling a bit dry- my only dry face areas. I think it is the salacylic and glycolic acids in it. I will follow up with my normal moisturizer or just skip it altogether tommorrow. It is really making me wish I had some fix+ to spray on.
I am gonna hit MAC like a wrecking ball after my birthday/tax returns come
yahoo.gif

I did go ahead and order the "Everyday Minerals" in medium for my summer shade as it was onsale for $10!!!

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
ok, so my started kit arrived today. I am so glad I got the light/fairly light. I am a nw20-25.
I was so skeptical. I was like" ok this better be frikkin' miraculous"
And IT WAS!
th_worship.gif

OMG I was as happy as the cheeseballs on the infomecial
eyelove.gif
. It really is great stuff and made my recently crepe-y undereye area look so much better.(I am only 32!-ha ha! but having two kids in the last three years has left me tired and dehydrated 99% of the time)
It is not ultra dewy/shiny on me either.
I did use the "revver upper" that came with it uder the makeup and my cheeks are feeling a bit dry- my only dry face areas. I think it is the salacylic and glycolic acids in it. I will follow up with my normal moisturizer or just skip it altogether tommorrow. It is really making me wish I had some fix+ to spray on.
I am gonna hit MAC like a wrecking ball after my birthday/tax returns come
yahoo.gif

I did go ahead and order the "Everyday Minerals" in medium for my summer shade as it was onsale for $10!!!

Glad you like it!

mskttn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
I just started using mineral mu a month ago after I realized that the foundation I had been using for 3 years was killing my skin (I know!). I used BE for about 3 weeks and I really liked a lot of things about it but the bismuth in it made my skin itch. I did some research and ordered a kit from www.everydayminerals.com. I've only been using it for a few days now, but it's fantastic! I swear their foundation covers better, looks nicer, and lasts longer than BE. They don't use any fillers/preservatives/bismuth and their prices are half of BE's! I'd really reccomend them to anyone with a sensitivity to the bismuth in BE or anyone cringing at the cost of BE.

Locke
wavey.gif

I use and love Everyday Minerals too! I've seen a lot of complaints about BE looking too shiny and/or irritating skin because of the bismuth in it, and I haven't had those problems with EM. I think it's definitely a smarter buy than BE.

pugmommy7

well i got the everyday minerals 3 days ago, and i too love it! i like it a lot better than BE far as foundation is concerned. that tight feeling that i was interpreting as dryness is GONE. must have been the bismuth :confused: . i also like the med beige in semi matte much more than the LIGHT BE. the color is right on for me- nw20.

still using and loving the BE warmth- i just needed to practice with it, and i think i will order the concealer. just not sure if from BE or EM. the shadows from be are prettier and ther are more of them, but there are a few from em-like chamomile ane dairy that i likestill, i am too into bold color an texture right now for anything so "natural" looking.

Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
still using and loving the BE warmth- i just needed to practice with it, and i think i will order the concealer. just not sure if from BE or EM. the shadows from be are prettier and ther are more of them, but there are a few from em-like chamomile ane dairy that i likestill, i am too into bold color an texture right now for anything so "natural" looking.

I got one of their concealors in my kit and I really like it. I've never tried BE's though so I can't compare.

IA that their color selection doesn't seem all that great, either the blushes or the e/s. Although I think they just added a bunch of new shadows to their site.

Have any of you girl who've tried Everyday Minerals tried any of their blushes? I just ordered Apple b/c I'm starting to think I really do have a talc allergy.
ssad.gif

luvme4me

has anyone tried the bare escentuals-bare vitamins-skin rev-ver upper? My skin is prone to break ups will this clog it more do you think?

pugmommy7

I have it and use it most of the time. it is good for my skin because it has salicylic acid(aspirin), and glycolic acid(fruit based).
it accellerated natural exfoliation and cell renewal, so if you do get a zit it will clear up faster. it is a diluted form of the acids used in a facial peel. I use noxema cleansing pads specifically b.c they contain salicyclic acid ,i really like what it does to my skin. it srinks and deep cleans by large pore areas like next to and on my nose.
so i give it a thumbs up. i probably wouldnt have even gotten it but it was included in my kit.
about the concealer-from everyday essentails- i think i am gonna go for that over the be multitasking in bisque based on the performance of the foundation.
great to hear you like it. plus it was in my mailbox like instantly!
I was at mac yesterday blowing my b-day gifts, and my fave MA told me whatever foundation i was wearing was perfect! it was EM!! I am sad to say that MAC foundation doesn't work for me.
But they can't do everything perfectly and what they can do for my eyes and lips is plenty!

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvme4me
has anyone tried the bare escentuals-bare vitamins-skin rev-ver upper? My skin is prone to break ups will this clog it more do you think?

I've been wondering about this as well. I tested it on my hand and it felt so nice, but haven't wanted to risk trying it on my face b/c I have slightly oily skin and try to avoid using too much stuff on my face...
anybody use it??

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvme4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
I've been wondering about this as well. I tested it on my hand and it felt so nice, but haven't wanted to risk trying it on my face b/c I have slightly oily skin and try to avoid using too much stuff on my face...
anybody use it??

I personally did not like it. It just didn't do anything for my skin. Didn't really cause breakouts but it didn't make my skin look better either.
I also did not notice a difference on BE application.

Here is a thread about it in Skincare
http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...ighlight=upper

artemisa

Hi girls, I might be trying the BE kit in light shade... I am NW20, which fnd color will work better for me?

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisa
Hi girls, I might be trying the BE kit in light shade... I am NW20, which fnd color will work better for me?

I bought the med/med beige kit online. After wearing it for a while I thought it might be too dark for me. I'm an NW20 as well and after scrolling through this thread I see alot of girls who are also NW20 wearing the light shades. So I went into Sephora and tested them all out on my face (light, med, med.beige) and the medium beige is the perfect match for me. I never use the medium, maybe sometimes for concealor under my eyes but that's about it. When I run outta the medium beige I'm gonna buy a full size of that b/c it's really absolutely perfect for my skintone
smiles.gif

If you can get to a sephora or even an Ulta store then I suggest testing them just to get the perfect match
smiles.gif

HTH!

artemisa

Thanks girl! But I won't be able to swatch them on my skin since we don't have B.E. in Spain and it's my mum who will get it for me...

i bought BE in medium about 3 weeks about, i''m really impressed. but now Physicians Formula came out with a mineral loose (and pressed) power. so i had to go buy that and compare. ya know what, i can't see a difference, i actually have half my face BE and the other PF just to see what one would wear better. the only thing is BE has SPF, so i thnk just b/c of that i will stick with BE.