Bare Escentuals (all)

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0622
did anyone buy the kabuki brush? i just used it today got it yesterday. i cleaned it and waited for it to dry. but when i used it a lot of the hairs came off. did this happen to anyone? or is it just my brush?

Me too - it's not just your brush. I think BE brushes are kinda sad compared to mac brushes.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0622
did anyone buy the kabuki brush? i just used it today got it yesterday. i cleaned it and waited for it to dry. but when i used it a lot of the hairs came off. did this happen to anyone? or is it just my brush?

Girl, it's not just you. I got the intro kit with the kabukis and the flawless brush and they all shed like crazy. That's why I sent those suckers back! The only BE brushes I own are the Heavenly Face and Eye brushes, oh and the concealer brush. Other than that, I really think they are sub-standard.

Pimptress

i got this stuff put on me at ulta today and i loved it

i didn't buy it because i thought i could get a better deal on ebay or somewhere else

but i will buy it when i get paid
winks.gif

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Girl, it's not just you. I got the intro kit with the kabukis and the flawless brush and they all shed like crazy. That's why I sent those suckers back! The only BE brushes I own are the Heavenly Face and Eye brushes, oh and the concealer brush. Other than that, I really think they are sub-standard.

I dig my concealer brush. That's it.

Pimptress

bare minerals, i've decided, is crap for staying on long term. you could see the veins on my nose again by noon and all i do is a desk job

maandusa

i think it just depends on the individual. i wear my minerals all day, and have no problem with it wearing off or not lasting, and i have oily skin!

Villainiss

So I bought myself some foundation and mineral veil yesterday after test driving it at Sephora last night, and I'm not sure how I feel about it after wearing it for half the day today. I switched from Studio Fix to Select SPF, but with my oily skin, the Select SPF was sliding around. So I thought I'd give BE a try, and I'm still undecided.

I've got a bizarre skin type: It's oily, but I find flaky bits here and there, so I'm afraid to get something that dries me out too much. I use Mac Oil Control lotion, but I'm always afraid that it's not enough, so I use just a touch of Strobe Cream too.

Hopefully BE will work out for me; I'll give an update in a few weeks to decide whether or not I'm going to stick with it.

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
bare minerals, i've decided, is crap for staying on long term. you could see the veins on my nose again by noon and all i do is a desk job

I totally agree with this.

pugmommy7

I am so glad I found this thread. i am treating myself to BE foundation for my birthday. I am also gonna invest in a good brush. I am torn between the kit and the foundation and a brush.
I don't know if I will want the mineral veil and warmth and the concealer brush...what to do?
i am going to spring for the cat kabuki brush too i think....maybe when it comes time to refill....i am gonna scan ebay and qvc and try to make a choice.
i am an nc 20-25 and going to get the light-fairly light 1.2-2 kit or 2.0 by itself.
i hope that is the right choice...then maybe the warmth would be good for summer....oh geez i just don't know
th_confused_new.gif

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
I am so glad I found this thread. i am treating myself to BE foundation for my birthday. I am also gonna invest in a good brush. I am torn between the kit and the foundation and a brush.
I don't know if I will want the mineral veil and warmth and the concealer brush...what to do?
i am going to spring for the cat kabuki brush too i think....maybe when it comes time to refill....i am gonna scan ebay and qvc and try to make a choice.
i am an nc 20-25 and going to get the light-fairly light 1.2-2 kit or 2.0 by itself.
i hope that is the right choice...then maybe the warmth would be good for summer....oh geez i just don't know
th_confused_new.gif

Also check Sephora they have some good deals.

Honestly I like Nars Laguna better than the BE warmth.

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
th_confused_new.gif

I would just get the concealer and a non-BE brush. BE brushes are crap (except for the max cov. concealer brush, which I kinda like). I'm a NW 20 and I wear Fair or Fairly Light. Light is too dark for me. Is there a sephora near you? I'd recommend trying the colors out on your skin and checking out the brushes in person. I don't really use the mineral veil, as my skin is not oily and I don't see the need for it.

pugmommy7

I think ultimately that is what I will do.
I am overwhelmed and think that trying before I get too much product that i won't like is what i need to do.
Thanks for the input, now to choose the ruight color for me. :confused:

pugmommy7

I went ahead and ordered it in light/fairly light. we shall see.
Yeah i hear thier brushes are for sh*t, but i thought I would try the whole kit and if it works out for me I will invest in the cat cosmetics or bobbi brown kabuki brush
smiles.gif

then i can see if i really care for or need the warmth and mineral veil. plus i think the concealer brush looks interesting.
thanks for the info people
smiles.gif
th_kiss.gif

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbetsy
Oh yeah, I never, ever use my warmth. I'll probably sell it at some point.

Yeah me too. I never got anything out of it, I tried it once and gave it away.

misskris

I've used BE for over a year now and I love it. I have a lot of their eyeshadows, blushes and of course the foundation. BTW im pretty fair skined and I use fairly light and it's a perfect match.

macaddictgirlie

Thanks to reading all the rave reviews from you ladies I went out and bought this about a month or two ago and I LOVE IT !! I will never go back to regular foundation again. This product makes my skin glow.

Latest posts