Bare Escentuals (all)

aziajs

I just got the Heavenly Face Brush and the Heavenly Eyeshadow Brush! I love them!
eyelove.gif
I don't usually buy BE brushes cuz they're cheap in my opinion. I got these off eBay for pretty good prices and I am glad I did. Has anyone tried the Heavenly Eyeliner Brush?

pumpkincat210

I'm the minority here. BE made my face itch when I tested it at Sephora.. The coverage was good, but it made the area under my nose and my forehead sting.. It didn't make me break out because I washed it off the second I got home.

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerisier
I read some reviews on MUA, is it really that shimmery like some people complain of? I'm tempted to plunk down $60 for the kit, but I don't want a face full of shimmer :confused:

The foundations aren't shimmery. They do make shimmery products, like those found in the complexion booster kits (anything with the word radiance in the title).

sbetsy

BE foiling glimmer swatches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I can't really compare those colors but I can tell you that I find MAC pigments and BE shadows very different in texture and application.
For me by the end of the day they both wear the same. I have problem keeping any loose shadow in place even with MAC paints or UD PP under them. They don't crease they just seem to spread around and become more blended.
As for the difference I find that BE has a lighter texture. Not as heavy as MAC pigments. I have a problem using BE shadows wet. They tend to apply very sheer on me. Not heavy in color like MAC pigments.

I made some swatches of the foiling glimmers - these are applied wet. I haven't tried mac metallic pigments, but I really love the BE foiling glimmers. Applied dry they are sheer and lovely and I can get an intense, opaque color applied wet. I haven't tried them over my mac paints or with mac mixing mediums, but I think I'll have to...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...6/IMG_3097.jpg

Grace

thanks for the pic. i've been looking at getting the foiling set but i just haven't gotten them yet.

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
thanks for the pic. i've been looking at getting the foiling set but i just haven't gotten them yet.

No problem - Sorry the pic wasn't better quality; I'm still figuring out how to take pictures so that the color really shows. I adore the set and the brush it comes with is pretty nice too.

so_siqqq

I've been using this for a couple of months now and I think it's making me even oiler.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Beauty Marked

bare escentuals or sheer cover

i saw more actors promoting sheer cover
i know that doesn't mean it's better
or does it?
.. i didn't see a thread about this yet (but i could be wrong)..
i really like the whole mineral thing
SOS.gif
but which one to get? :confused:

Insomiac

I've read that some people have a reaction with BE. Something in the make-up reacts to their skin that causes itchiness. I'd ask Alexa about this because she's tried both products. Good luck!

Kat

I love bare minerals...as long as you buff it in like you're meant to it looks flawless and I love how you can build it for a more 'made up' look. The buffing is so important...if you don't, that's when your pores will start to look huge. Easy to avoid though, and easy to get the hang of.

user3

Here is some info on Sheer cover
http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...ht=sheer+cover

Here is info on BE
http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32788

I have tried both.
Sheer Cover was terrible on my skin! My skin started to flake and I got huge zits. Around my nose and chin it felt like my skin was burning.
For my oily skin it didn't stay on long. I'll admit when I started using I was very please with the look but after just a few days I had to go see my DR. about the burning and get some cream.

When people have a problem with BE it is usually the bismuth. It makes the itch.

If you are worried about having problems I suggest trying Aromaleigh. It does not contain bismuth. The price is much cheaper and you can buy samples.
www.aromaleigh.com
Glissade is for dry skin, Voile is for oily skin

If you have any questions about Aromaleigh I'd be happy to answer them. I have tried almost every product they have. However, I have not tried Glissade.
With each order you get 3 free e/s samples. You even get to pick the colors. There is a code/discount for first time buyers. I am going to have to ask another AL user what it is and then I will post it.

I have also tried JI. I didn't like that line at all. No coverage.
Illuminare (sp?) was way too thick.
PF was too sheer.

rcastel10

Zap2it, how is the coverage of the aromaleigh mineral makeup? Is it comparable to bare minerals. Is the staying power of it good? TIA.

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomiac
I've read that some people have a reaction with BE. Something in the make-up reacts to their skin that causes itchiness. I'd ask Alexa about this because she's tried both products. Good luck!

lol, that i did! BE makes my skin itch and almost STING if i happen to sweat while wearing it. i've pretty much given up on trying to get it to work. sheer cover was great but i only tried it once. the kit i got was too dark so i returned it. i did like the coverage of it and it looked nicer on me than BE ever had.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcastel10
Zap2it, how is the coverage of the aromaleigh mineral makeup? Is it comparable to bare minerals. Is the staying power of it good? TIA.

The coverage is just as good as BE's maybe a bit better when you use their concealer powder. The staying power is the same for me.

I would like to add that the Aromaleigh finish is matte not shinny/glowy like BE.

Melisanda

There are TONS of mineral make/up companies out there!; if i were you i'd try samples of many different companies before commiting myself to just one brand. I haven't tried any myself so far (but plan to in the future) but from what I gathered from reading about mineral makeup on different boards, there is no perfect mineral foundation that works well for everyone. It all depends on your skin condition (wheter it's dry/oily, sensitive) and what kind of finish and coverage you like.

Just my two cents.
smiles.gif

colormust

i just started wearing sheer cover and it is pretty good. this is my first exspirence with mineral makeup. i like the soft look it give. i want to try BE also but havent got around to buying it yet.

Beauty Marked

thank u so much..
yeah i have really sensitive and acne prone skin...
and i have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry every where else)
this mineral thing is going to be tricky

honeyd

just my 2cents: i just started using BE about a month ago and love it. but i am breaking out a bit. but im also in a different country on vacation so it could be the difference in water, altitude,etc. it always happens to me as for the other stuff you were talking about i have not heard of or tried it.

xoxo
d

zoinksta

i'm thinking of getting the Foiling Glimmer set too. Thanks for the swatches. So far i'm really liking their foundations and glimmers, though i'm not too fond of their brushes. They (esp Flawless Application brush) shed like crazy on me, even worse than my cat! After i'm done "buffing", it kinda looked like the brush just threw up on me. i use Cat Cosmetics Kabuki brush instead.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
I've been using this for a couple of months now and I think it's making me even oiler.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Try using Milk Of Magnesia as a base.
Also Aromaleigh makes a oil controlling powder/primer that I dust on top of the MOM and then I apply my BE. Makes a world of difference.

Latest posts